Chapter 93

The uproar that Yu Xiang caused in front of Duke Jingguo mansion was soon known by everyone. Although she was not very specific, one could speculate the inside story by the words 'red mole on her left breast', 'take off clothes and stick out butt', 'behaving improperly and unrestrained'.

Without proof or evidence, would Yu Xiang be able to scold so vividly? It turned out that Chang Ya Fu's withdrawal from the marriage was not the result of her inability to endure a little vicious sister-in-law but actually having the terrible evidence of being amorous grasped in the hand of the Marquis. Not to mention how the men fantasize about it, the matriarchs of various households retreated ninety miles away from the womenfolk of the Chang family and those noble ladies who had been close to Chang Ya Fu a few days ago were now too ashamed to face anyone.

Recalling the scene where Yu Miao Qi took the initiative to come and comfort Chang Ya Fu on the day of Madam Fan's birthday banquet, their lungs were about to explode as Yu Miao Qi was joining hands with Chang Ya Fu to mislead them by substantiating the rumors of blackening Yu Xiang's name that the Chang family spread in order to save Chang Ya Fu's reputation ah.

Who actually is this Yu Miao Qi? She could even frame her own Di siblings like this and fooled everyone like idiots! After understanding the key points, the noble ladies simply hated Yu Miao Qi to the marrow of their bones and would not call her during any banquets or carouses.

Chang Ya Fu really wanted to commit suicide this time. When she put the noose around her neck, Yu Xiang's words came to her mind 'You die because you yourself are ashamed to face others' that she gave up finally after standing stiffly on the stool for more than an hour.

Madam Qi came to Duke Jingguo mansion secretly to withdraw the marriage agreement and also hinted to Madam Chang to promptly send Chang Ya Fu away, otherwise her eldest Di[1] daughter would have an undesirable outcome too. Struggling for several days later, Madam Chang had no choice but to send her daughter back to her hometown quietly.

Except for the imprudent Yu Xiang, not knowing how many people have sleepless nights for several months while this slanderous gossip spread. Time flies and in a blink of an eye, the torrid summer ushered the arrival of late autumn when the two Di daughters of Yu manor finally reached jiji[2].

In order to improve her daughter's name, Lin Shi repeatedly asked Old Madam to hold the ceremony more grandly.

"How grand do you want it to be? Who can you invite as the main guest, master of ceremonies, praiser, usher and attendant? You tell me." Holding the program sheet in hand, Old Madam asked her.

Lin Shi has not been socializing for many years while her daughter has pitted half of the noble ladies in the Capital in these past few months. Not to mention the master of ceremonies and others, she was afraid not even a guest would come and became speechless momentarily. Feeling humiliated, Yu Miao Qi who was sitting by the side hated the cowardice and uselessness of Lin Shi.

Just at this moment, Yu Xiang came hustling and bustling through the door with a piece of paper, "Grandmother, this is the list of guests for my jiji ceremony. Please take a look for me."

Old Madam could not help smiling after looking at it, "You actually persuaded the Crown Princess to be your main guest. Good, good. Isn't it somewhat inappropriate to have the Ninth Princess and Jiao Jiao as your attendants? They will have to kneel for two hours at that time and may not be able to endure it."

Lin Shi gasped once she leaned closer to look at it. The main guest is the Crown Princess, the master of ceremonies is Madam Fan, Min Shi who is the mother of the Crown Princess is the praiser, the attendants are the Ninth Princess and Fan Jiao Jiao while the usher is the sister-in-law of Old Madam's maiden family, Wu Shi. Isn't this ostentation too lofty.