Chapter 103

Yu Xiang was currently sitting in the swaying carriage with a thick black cushion underneath her while right in front was her elder brother who had a smile at the corners of his mouth and shining bright eyes.

"I haven't seen you all night, why are you haggard like this?" Reaching out to caress his younger sister's dark eye circle, Yu Pin Yan's line of sight lingered on her soft glossy pink lips.

Yu Xiang slapped his large palm away and snapped, "Don't touch me!"

"Your temper is getting bigger." Yu Pin Yan shook his head and laughed then came straight to the point, "You've been thinking about it all night, have you thought it through?"

Yu Xiang has always loved flowers. Even inside the carriage, there were palm-sized potted plants which were fixed with wire mesh on the small table. The lovely plump jade green succulent plant with its two antennae-like leaf blades seemed to be eavesdropping on the two of them.

Yu Xiang took the flower pot out and held it in her palm then spoke earnestly to her elder brother, "After thinking about it all night, I felt that it is necessary to discuss something with Elder Brother."

Yu Pin Yan shifted his position and sat next to her, stretching his arm around her shoulders. His voice was low and gentle, "Oh? What is it that Xiang'er wants to discuss with me? I'll be sure to listen attentively." His strong masculine scent followed and assailed the nostrils too.

Yu Xiang shrugged her shoulders trying to shake his large palm off but repeatedly failed to do so, instead causing him to laugh continually that she could only speak with the tips of her ears reddened, "Hey, did you see this potted plant?"

"I see it." Yu Pin Yan smiled and nodded his head.

"See this," Yu Xiang poked one of the jade green antennae of the succulent plant with her finger while her tone was extremely serious, "This is a plant. Although it has a problem with its root system, it is very rare, precious, exquisite, fragile, delicate ..."

Hearing the deep meaning of her words, Yu Pin Yan could not help but burst out laughing which earned him a glare from her beautiful eyes as he hurriedly sat upright and nodded in agreement, "Yes, she is indeed very precious, very rare, very exquisite, very fragile, very delicate ... she is a unique treasure in the world."

Although there were implications of herself in the words, Yu Xiang still blushed hearing such a serious compliment from her elder brother but quickly recovered her composure and continued, "Look, it is living well in this pit right now but due to a certain person's whim, wanting to dig it out and moving it to a new pit."

As she said so, she resisted the pain and pulled the succulent plant out of the pot and put it into an empty tea cup by the side with a solemn look, "This new pit looks good, but the soil is not enough, do you think it can still live as well as before?"

Yu Pin Yan pondered for a moment before laughingly said, "Xiang'er don't mislead Elder Brother. No matter where you move to, is it not still the same inside this Elder Brother's pit."

Frustrated, Yu Xiang could not help but wipe her face yet forgotten that her fingers were still stained with dirt and instantly painted herself into a little tabby cat.

Unable to restrain a smile, Yu Pin Yan leaned over to kiss the tip of her upturned nose but was pushed away by her and rebuked with a firm tone, "Okay, even if it's the same pit, but don't you forget that this plant has a problem with its root system. It needs plenty of soil, a great deal of nutrients, lots and lots of utmost care. Although this pit looks big and the soil is very fertile, it will not grow only this one plant. Sooner or later, this pit will be planted with ash trees, weeds and so on. They will frantically snatch everything from this plant which ultimately causes it to die. You have worked hard to raise it for fifteen years, do you bear to see it withered to death?"