Chapter 68

As much as Yu Si Yu was previously fond of Yu Miao Qi, it was equivalent to how much she hated her right now. She was not like Yu Xiang, who would flare up when she was mad. Instead, she would bury it in her heart and contemplate on how to plot against her, and then find a way to exact her revenge with no one the wiser. Even after gaining revenge, she would still want the other person to be moved to tears from gratitude.

To put it bluntly, this method of handling approach was called 'acting like a b*tch but still wants a monument set up to one's chastity'[1]. Yu Miao Qi was a b*tch, a total b*tch!

When Yu Si Yu recalled the intimate sister-like relationship they had, she almost vomited out last night's dinner in disgust. When she looked at Yu Xiang's arrogant and bossy face, it wasn't as annoying as it used to be.

She stopped crying and was about to get up to take her leave. However, she paused and asked in exasperation, "No! If you know about her schemes, why didn't you stop them earlier? If you were willing to help, how could I have ended up where I am today?"

Great! She almost got away with it! Turns out this one is no good either! Yu Si Yu was furious to the point of trembling from head to toe. Moreover, the little bit of goodwill she had for Yu Xiang vanished into dust.

As if she had heard a great joke, Yu Xiang covered her mouth as she was overcome with hilarity. Seeing Yu Si Yu's face turn blue to purple, and her nose was bent because of her anger, she spoke slowly, "You and Yu Miao Qi are responsible for all of this. Let me ask you, if we were to trade places, would you help me? I'm afraid that not only will you not help, but you will also make me even more miserable."

Yu Si Yu was stumped by this question and lowered her head with a guilty conscience. Indeed, not only would she not help Yu Xiang, but she would even step on her a few times and watch her struggle in pain and despair. Even if she refused to admit this, Yu Xiang knew this clearly in her heart.

"In Buddhism, there is a cycle of karma and retribution; whatever you sowed in the past, you will get the same treatment. The way you treat me would be the way I treat you. You should be thankful to me if I didn't take the opportunity to hit you when you are down and send you to prison. Who gives you the right to blame me?" Yu Xiang slowly leaned back on the soft couch and lifted her white and slender fingers to admire the freshly applied nailart[2]under the sunlight.

What she had said made so much sense that Yu Si Yu was unable to refute. Not only that, she also actually felt a tinge of gratitude toward her for not taking advantage of the disadvantaged position. Now, it seemed that apart from her sharp tongue, Yu Xiang was in fact an exceptionally good person, who never plotted against anyone behind their backs. If she had been in good terms with her before, she would not be in this state now.

Yu Si Yu's remorse filled her heart to the brim, but she still put up a front and asked another question, "Even if you don't help me, you have to think about the reputation of the Marquis manor, right? If the Marquis manor's reputation is ruined, which one of us would be able to gain an advantage? Do you know the basic principle of 'when the nest is overturned, no egg is left upset[3]'?"

Yu Xiang snickered and chuckled, "What does it matter to me whether the Marquis manor's reputation is good or bad? Not to mention that I don't plan to get married, even my Elder Brother wouldn't care. The only people in this manor who will still think about the family's reputation is Grandmother." Because of Elder Brother's extraordinary position, there wouldn't be enough (dirty water) to defile the Marquis manor. How could he attain such a good reputation? As your reputation improved, you would make more acquaintances, becoming more powerful, what else would the Emperor want from you? In the blink of an eye, the butcher's knife would hang over Marquis Yongle manor.