The Two Alphas (Editing)

By VP_dreamer16

"I challenge you for your alpha position of this pack" He roared. She clenched her jaws in irritation and ba... More

An Important note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73

Part 52

5.2K 202 27
By VP_dreamer16

"What!" Valerie exclaimed.

Ryder and Cayden shared a look and they knew damage was done. Cayden cleared his throat to speak but was cut off by Valerie.

"Please don't tell me that you know about Scarlett's whereabouts." Valerie asked.

"Alpha Valerie." Ryder started but Valerie groaned and said. "Oh my God! You know. Don't you? You both know."

"Valerie listen I came to know about the whole ordeal just this morning." Cayden replied.

"And you had seven hours to inform me but you didn't."

Cayden open his mouth to say something but Valerie stopped him by gesturing with her hand and looked towards Ryder.

"Let us discuss problem in hand. How can Scarlett help us Ryder?" She totally ignored Cayden and asked Ryder. She took a pause and said sarcastically looking towards the other alpha. "And I hope she will help"

Cayden sighed in defeat and said in a very tiring voice. "You know what Valerie, you are very difficult to please and it is more difficult to make you understand something when you have already made up your mind. So you are right let us talk the problem at hand."

Valerie felt offended but she did not say anything and listened to what Ryder has to say. She felt bit hopeful after listening to him but she was not sure about Scarlett helping them. So she decided to make sure to send her trackers as well.

When the meeting was over she was about to leave when Cayden stopped her and said "Valerie, I think it will be best if we act  and meet professionally. Let us think things through."

"What do you mean?" Valerie asked flabbergasted.

"It is simple to understand what I said alpha." Cayden said sarcastically. "Let us think about this relationship through. Just because we are destined to be mates does not mean that we are compelled to be in a relationship. Something does not fit right between us. I have committed my share of mistakes and you have done yours. So let us be two alphas for the time being rather than two mates until we decide what to do next."

It was a huge blow to her but she controlled everything she was feeling. She nodded and then walked out of Cayden's office.

"Is it wise decision alpha Cayden?" Ryder asked once Valerie left.

"For now, yes." Cayden replied looking at the place longingly where Valerie was standing few seconds ago.

Valerie and Jason were sitting quietly in the car on the way back to their pack. Jason was driving while Valerie was sitting immeresd deep in thoughts.

"I think you should have allowed Cayden to explain before reaching the conclusions." Jason said out of nowhere.

"What?" Valerie asked because she was not actually mentally present and was thinking what Cayden had said. She thought she heard him wrong. So she paid her full attention towards him.

"Yes. You reached the conclusions without giving second thoughts. You should have allowed him to explain."

Valerie did not reply and did not even agree with him but she knew what he was saying was right to a point. 

She looked out of the window when suddenly Valerie's phone ranged. When she picked it up and listened to what other person has to say, her face drained the whole color.

"Take me to the maple heart hospital at once." Valerie ordered Jason.

"But that is a hospital for humans." Jason asked confused.

"Yes it is. Charles was attacked by hunters and he is injured badly." Jason did not ask any further questions and started driving towards the destination.

When they reached the hospital she asked the girl at reception about Charles.

"Are you the family?" she asked meekly because she was intimidated by the authority that Valerie was oozing. Valerie nodded in reply.

"What is your relation with the patient?" She again asked. Valerie wanted to twist her neck in anguish but she took a deep breath because she knew the girl was only doing her job.

"I am his sister." Valerie replied with restrained voice hiding her irritation and anger.

The girl understood that if she asked any further question she will have to face wrath of her anger so she decided to give her the details. "He is in emergency room number 207 on the second floor down the hall. And you have to fill this form." She said pulling out a form from the desk drawer but  when she saw that Valerie was loosing her patience she immediately said. "Or your friend can."

"Good decision." Jason mouthed towards the girl and she smiled sheepishly. Jason nodded towards Valerie as if to give her the permission to go.

Valerie nodded in return and ran towards the stairs because she knew she will reach quickly through stairs rather than the elevators due to her werewolf speed.

When she reached the designated room she found three police officers standing outside the door. She took a whiff of air and learned that one amongst them was a werewolf.

When the officer who was a werewolf saw Valerie and felt the aura emitted by her realised that she is an alpha, he bowed slightly to pay her the respect, which went unnoticed by the other two human police officers.

"I am Valerie Jackson, his sister." she said to no one in particular. "I would like to see my brother if you guys can please stand aside and let me enter."

"We have few questions to ask." One of the officers said.

"Why don't we let the lady see her brother? Clearly she is panicked and desperate to meet her brother." The werewolf officer whose name tag said Roger Smith said. Valerie nodded thankfully towards him and took a step ahead.

"You know that is not possible. We will have to first interrogate her." the other officer said.

"I will take the responsibility if anything happens." Roger said and allowed Valerie to enter.

She saw battered looking Charles lying on the hospital bed with every kind of tube stuck in his body. She felt a sudden rush fear, which was not frequent emotions for her. Fear to loose her brother, fear to loose another loved one after her father. She sobbed and gasped but immediately wiped her tears when she heard the click of the door.

A man in his early fifties entered the room wearing a white lab coat above his clothes. When he saw Valerie he introduced himself by taking his hand out for a shake which Valerie took.

"I am Dr. Akash Singh. I am his doctor. What is your relation with the patient?' he asked

"I am his sister. How is he?" she asked.

"He was very badly beaten before help arrived. Few of his friends saved him and brought him here at the hospital. He has few broken ribs. His tibia of the left leg is broken and the femur of the right leg is having hair line fracture. His jaw is broken with a concussion in the brain. His left forearm's bone that is ulna is broken. Few muscles are torn along with some ligaments. They made quite heavy blows on the abdominal area. We are monitoring him for the twenty four hours after which we will be able to tell you something."

Valerie sobbed after hearing what the doctor has to say. "I am sorry Miss Jackson but you need to be strong. The hospital has called your mother that was the emergency number provided on his ID card. Now if you will please excuse me I have to check him so you will have to wait outside."

Valerie nodded and left the room. Outside he found Roger waiting alone.

"Alpha." he addressed. "I guess you are alpha Valerie of Stalwart warrior pack. I am Roger Smith of Midnight pack. I am the warrior head there. We were informed that he was brought here by three men."

"They are my trackers. They were the one to inform me about his accident." Valerie replied.

"I see. That explained the whole situation. They told us that they are his friends. I was curious to know how three werewolves know a human. I asked them to inform the whole situation. But they said that they are not authorized to do so.."

"How is this human your brother?" He asked

"He is my half brother." She replied.

"Everything alright?" Jason asked who walked to stand beside her. Valerie nodded.

"What do you know?" She asked Roger.

"As your trackers informed us, they saw few men beating your brother ruthlessly when they reached the place. They understood the gravity of the situation and jumped in to help him. Do you know who were they?"

"I have an idea. They may be hunters. I am about to go and ask my trackers. You can come if you want but I won't allow those humans to accompany you."

Roger nodded. "I will handle them. Let us go."

"Call them in the waiting area." Valerie ordered Jason who nodded and took out his phone to do as told.

                                                                                 ******

Valerie, Jason and Roger were waiting in the waiting room when the three trackers came and bowed in front of Valerie.

"You were assigned to protect Charles then what happened?" Valerie asked authoritatively.

"Alpha, Charles wanted to go for a run alone. He said he is fed up of us hovering around him all time. He said he needs fresh air to breathe without us by his side and that he wants to spend some alone time. We tried our best to explain the consequences but he is quite strong headed. He ordered us that he doesn't want us to hover around. So we had to oblige unwillingly but still we decided to follow his scent after few minutes. But the damage was already done by the hunters before we reached."

"Typical of Charles." Valerie rolled her eyes. "You did your best. You are not responsible for what happened. Rather you saved him. I want those hunters found. They will know that Stalwart warrior pack is not the one to be messed with."

The trackers nodded and left. Valerie then looked towards Roger and said. "Handle the police enquiry as you want. But those bastards are mine. You will inform me if you found anything." He nodded and left.

"They have committed a blunder and they will pay price with their life. Nobody messes with my family." " Valerie spoke. 

Do comment and vote. Let me know your views.

Till next time.

Lots of love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.9K 27
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey, the alpha of WinterMoor. He's ruthless a...
81.5K 2K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
124K 1.5K 6
Full version completed and available on Dreame. Book 1 in the Viraai series. WARNING - Mature content! Highest rank - #1 in Werewolf. Part of the Wer...
28K 1.1K 53
Jay's fought to survive her entire life. She's never stayed in one place for too long and trusts no one. She's hunted mystics and killed for sport. S...