The Two Alphas (Editing)

By VP_dreamer16

"I challenge you for your alpha position of this pack" He roared. She clenched her jaws in irritation and ba... More

An Important note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73

Part 10

15.8K 519 160
By VP_dreamer16

Few weeks were gone in the blink of an eye. The construction for Mystic Moon pack was going at full force. Cayden was busy settling his pack mates and he was also supervising the construction of his pack house. He did not get much chance to act on his plan with Scarlet as she was also busy with Ryder in moving the stuff from Canada to Bridgeville. Each and every person of his pack was busy in mundane things for their settlements.

But one thing that was bothering him was the way Valerie was acting. She had doubled the security of the pack boundaries. Her warriors were training hard. Her half brother despite being human was mostly spending his time in the pack.  He and his team was working on something scientific. Autumn the witch residing in her pack was also working on protection spells.

He found Valerie exhausted all the time. Every evening a pack meeting was held by her in the community hall of their pack. The kids were also taught self defense. He knew something big was happening but he himself was so busy with his pack that he did not get a chance to talk to her. Moreover he had to pretend that her problems were not his concern now as he had taken other female as his mate.

Basically Cayden was spending more time in his pack house that was under construction. But his beast was feeling restless; he could somehow feel Valerie's anxiety. His suspicion came true one day when he heard murmuring about vampires amongst his pack mates. He was strolling leisurely when he felt the buzz in air.

"What is it?" Cayden asked one of his pack members.

"Alpha." He bowed in front of him and Cayden acknowledged him. "Alpha two vampires have come to visit Alpha Valerie."

Cayden looked anxiously towards him and asked. "Do they impose threat?"

He shook his head. "I don't think so. They looked pretty friendly with her."

Cayden pursed his lips unhappily after learning the situation. He decided to have a talk with Valerie so he started walking towards the pack house.

When he entered the pack house he heard the merry voices of Valerie and some of her family members. The boisterous laughter of two males particularly got his attention. The voices were coming from the living room. He walked there and stood outside the living room incognito. He saw Valerie laughing along with her mother and her siblings from his hiding place. Jason and Dominic were also looking in good mood.

Then his attention got caught by the two very attractive vampires sitting there on the couch. Their presence was screaming dominance and power. One amongst them had dark raven hair in contrast to his pale skin and the other had brown hair. They were both muscularly well built.

"Someone is standing outside the living room for the past five minutes, I can smell them. It's a werewolf." One amongst the vampires said.

Cayden knew he got caught. So he decided to show himself and hence he entered the living room with his shoulders squared.

"I told you before Alpha Cayden, you are welcome to join our meetings whenever you want. There was no need to hide." Valerie who was sitting beside the two males stood up and gestured him to come and sit.

When Cayden got settled on the couch, Valerie too regained her seat.

"This is Dmitri" Valerie said pointing towards the male with black hair. "And this is Alexei" She pointed towards the male with dark brown hair. Cayden scrutinized them. "And he is alpha Cayden, about whose pack I was informing you." She continued.

"Ah, the famous ruthless alpha. I have heard a lot about you and how you rule with iron fist." Dmitri said. "You are quite famous amongst rouges and the newly made vampires, who are not able to control their thirst. He has killed many of our young vampires in Canada." Dmitri told Valerie.

"I don't take threat to my people lightly." Cayden barked back.

"Impressive." Dmitri replied.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Valerie asked before the situation could go out of control.

"Actually yes, I know I got busy with my pack, but I have seen some changes in your pack from the last few weeks. You are taking extra precautions and your warriors are also training hard."

Valerie sighed and she looked towards her mother.

"I think they should be warned along with the other packs. If we have learnt something then it is our duty to tell others too." Jennifer, Valerie's mother said.

Valerie nodded and explained the whole situation about hunters

"You are telling me this now! My mate is in imminent danger and I am learning about this now." Cayden growled.

"I am no more your mate. You took Scarlet as your other half. There is no need to act protective towards me." Valerie yelled.

Cayden growled and got up from his seat and yelled. "The hell there is no need. I haven't rejected you yet."

Valerie who was shaking in anger shrieked. "You can't have both. If rejection is the problem then I can reject you now, here at this very moment."

Cayden took a threatening step towards her. Jason and Dominic stood from their seats and took a protective stance in front of her.

Valerie pushed Jason and Dominic back in anger and stood up. "If I am not wrong, you said something along the lines like I won't take any other partner except you. But look, you did it anyway. Didn't you?"

"So he is your mate?" Alexei asked amused.

"He was." Valerie stressed on was. "And don't look so cocky Lexi." Valerie said annoyed.

"Nothing is in the past. I am your mate. And you are calling him with nick names. Lexi really! What does he calls you lovingly Val or Babe" Cayden scoffed. "You guys are so close. I am not surprised that you did not accept me first hand. When you have such handsome species at your disposal why would you look towards me?"

"Don't talk to my sister like that." Kevin yelled and at the same time Valerie slapped Cayden hard.

The vampires smiled amused and her mother gasped.

Cayden's beast did not take it well and he growled. He pushed Jason and Dominic back and took Valerie's arm in a vice grip. "I think you did not hear the blood sucker monster well, when he was talking about me. He described me as ruthless. I was acting soft with you. Slapping me in front of all was a big mistake. Don't forget I am an alpha."

Valerie tried to loosen his grip and whispered yelled. "I am an alpha too. And jealousy doesn't suit you." She was looking towards him with fire in her eyes.

"Are you sleeping with any of them?" Cayden asked.

Dmitri and Alexei scoffed and rest gasped at Cayden's vulgarity.

"Shame on you alpha Cayden, you took other female as your partner and you dare ask me about my infidelity. And it does not concern you whether I sleep around or not." Valerie replied sarcastically.

"Valerie" Jennifer reprimanded her. But she ignored her mother.

Cayden looked around and found everyone looking towards them. He did not like the attention they were getting. So he pulled Valerie and dragged her towards her office despite the protests from others. He did not look behind to see whether somebody followed them or not.

Once they were inside Valerie's office he closed the door with a bang and locked it. Valerie pulled herself free from his grip and looked murderously towards him. She was about to speak something when Cayden acted first and smashed his lips on hers.

Valerie tried to push him back but Cayden pulled her towards himself and encircled her waist with his arms. Her protests encouraged him; he tilted her face with his other hand and deepened the kiss. Once again Valerie tried to push him back but with measly effort. The next moment she was limp in his embrace and kissed him back.

Cayden groaned in appreciation and used his tongue to explore her mouth. He left her lips, only to kiss her on the jaws. Neck was his favorite spot and he tortured her with passionate kisses. Valerie moaned and Cayden started groping her breasts. The passion was raw in the atmosphere, their breathing were uneven and they were panting.

"You are mine." Cayden whispered huskily. That broke the spell that bounded Valerie. She tried to push him back but was left in vain. She stomped on his foot hard that caused Cayden to jerk back.

"What the hell!" She whispered in anger.

Cayden looked confused towards her.

"Don't look like that. And for your kind information I am not yours. You clearly choose Scarlet as your partner and depicted the fact that my emotion does not concern you. So no thank you I am not yours."

"Valerie" He sighed in frustration.

"Don't, just don't say anything. And I am seriously pissed at you right now. Accusing me of sleeping around? They both were my father's great friend. They have literally raised me. I know they don't age and they are attractive but that doesn't mean you will speak garbage in jealousy. They are my good friends and great advisors just like they were of my father's."

"Look." He moved forward to hold her but she stepped back that caused Cayden to groan in frustration.

"Why are you acting like this?" He asked frustrated.

"Ask yourself the same thing? At first you told me you won't take any other female as your partner and next day you declare Scarlet as your luna in front of me and my family. What kind of message does it give?"

Cayden ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He sighed and repented his decision of accepting Ryder's idea.

"Let's forget about us for a moment. Tell me how are you handling the situation of hunters?"

"I am handling it. You should prepare your warriors. Stop thinking about me and my pack." She retaliated.

She stepped aside and opened the door. Before she could exit Cayden banged it close and took her shoulders in forceful grip and pulled her towards himself.

"You are my mate and don't give me that crap again. Your safety is my priority. Your seer saw your death and I can't take it lightly. The bond is intact, nobody has rejected the other."

She struggled and got free from his grip. "Thank you for informing, captain obvious. The people who are sitting outside are very much concerned about my safety, so there is no need to get so riled up. As a neighboring alpha your help is appreciated and likewise we will help you out. This is plain business. No need to act like a concerned mate."

Cayden opened his mouth to say something but Valerie beat him to it. "Before you say anything, it was your decision. So deal with consequences."

Once again she stepped aside and opened the door to exit and this time Cayden did not do anything and allowed her to leave.

Cayden yelled all sort of profanities for Ryder. Their plan back fired and now he is left blinded. He will have to gain her trust back in order to get a place in her inner circle.

Enjoy the chapter

Updates on every Saturday.

Have fun !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.3K 42
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READING THIS! Feel free to just add it to your...
6.6M 154K 80
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Although in Layla's case this wasn't it. Ever...
799 78 5
Vivian was to become the Alpha female of a powerful pack due to an arranged mating set up by the elders when she was just three years old. The Alpha...
5.6K 127 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...