The Two Alphas (Editing)

By VP_dreamer16

"I challenge you for your alpha position of this pack" He roared. She clenched her jaws in irritation and ba... More

An Important note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73

Part 9

16.3K 540 51
By VP_dreamer16

Autumn was talking with the seer of the pack, Flora. She was good friend with her. They both had a common thing to discuss, magic.
Witches among werewolf packs were not common but Autumn was a wonderful addition to the Stalwart Warrior Pack.
Valerie had saved Autumn from her own coven. Her sisters as the fellow witches are called, were bully and brutal to her. For them she was a weak link who needed to be eliminated but Valerie saved her from her dreadful fate and encouraged her to practice magic on her pack land. Resultant being she had become one of the most powerful witches with constant practice and perseverance.

She still remembered that night when Valerie with the help of her beta Jason and warrior head Dominic, rescued her. She was sentenced to death by the matriarch of the coven because she was late learner and at her age knew very little of magic and spells. To others she was just like a human, and to them humans was a petty race. Not all witch covens are brutal but hers was. As per rule one coven was not allowed to interfere in the matters of others. So whatever her coven did to her was not questioned.

She was sentenced to death by being burned alive in fire. To her luck Valerie and her commandments were on hunt that night. And when they saw the gruesome scene, they interfered and saved her. Since then Autumn has been loyal to her alpha.

Autumn came out of her reverie when Flora cracked a joke and slapped hard on her shoulder while laughing. She didn't know what she said but to be civil she started laughing too.

They both were talking merrily when suddenly Flora's eyeballs turned upwards and went completely white. Autumn understood that Flora is having a vision. So she did not interrupt her.

She was waiting for her vision to pass when she saw Dominic approaching her. He somehow failed to notice Flora and was about to open his mouth to speak something but Autumn placed her forefinger on her lips to hush him and pointed towards Flora.

He nodded and waited beside her. After few minutes Flora was back to normal and she was panting. "I need to talk to Alpha."

Dominic furrowed his eyebrows. "I actually came here for that only. Alpha wants to meet Autumn for some reason, you can accompany us."

Flora basically sprinted ahead of them. Dominic and Autumn looked towards each other confused but they too fasten their pace to catch up with her.

***************

"How can you react so calmly?" Kevin shouted entering Valerie's office and found her standing near the window gazing far away.

Valerie turned around and Kevin was surprised to find tears in her eyes. Upon seeing her brother, her tough exterior broke and she sobbed.

Jason who entered behind Kevin with Genesis was left flabbergasted when he saw tears in the eyes of his alpha. Before he could say anything, Charles barged in and started yelling.

"How dare he? I know you can't act as his Luna but this is just outrageous. How can you tolerate such thing? I am ready to decapitate him. I will shoot him, werewolf or not." He took a deep breath to calm himself down and then looked around the room. Everyone was looking towards him unimpressed. Confused by such reaction he looked towards Valerie and found her tear stained cheeks. He sighed and mentally ridiculed himself for rambling in anger.

He went up to her and embraced her. Valerie found her resolve weakening and started crying. She tightened her hold on her half brother and poured her heart out. She disentangled herself from his embrace and then started speaking.

"Am I so wrong in my decision? How can he expect me to abandon my pack? I told him I will figure out something. I know Autumn told me to reject the mate bond but I was ready to negotiate something with Cayden. Today he left me no choice. I have called Autumn to discuss this matter."

As if on cue a knock was heard. Valerie sniffed and tried to compose herself. Kevin handed her some tissues which she used to wipe her eyes and face.

"Enter." She commanded all composed and authoritavily.

A very jittery Flora entered followed by two confused looking people, Autumn and Dominic. Valerie's office was very crowded and for one moment Flora looked confused when she saw everyone present and a gloomy look on her alpha.

"Is there something we are missing?" She asked panicked dreading that she is too late and part of her vision has already happened in reality.

"No" Valerie replied. "They are here for me. Everything is alright. But why are you looking so nervous?" She asked Flora.

"Oh yes I almost forgot. I had a vision Alpha and it is not good. I saw many of our pack mates injured and you lying bloodied on the ground barely breathing. Your family chained and previous luna.." She gulped and looked down nervously.

"Go on" Valerie encouraged.

Flora sighed. "Previous luna, your mother was lying decapitated on the ground, dead."

Gasps were heard in the room. Valerie ignored those. "Is that it?"

Flora shook her head. "No there is more. I found a silvery shiny thread broken beside your body and a wolf whining beside it. There was an arrow and bow lying beside your mother's body."

"What could that mean?" Charles asked stressed out.

Valerie was thinking very hard when Kevin spoke nervously. "But your visions can change. Future can be changed right?"

"Yes." Flora replied. "I think it is some sort of warning. But I don't understand the significance of arrow and bow."

"I do." Valerie said and everyone looked towards her. She took a deep breath and ignoring the confused looks she was getting, she turned her attention towards Dominic. "Dominic, make sure to contact our tracker and summon him home. He may have some news."
She then took a seat to calm her beating heart down and continued. "Cayden and his pack were relocated here in Alaska due to the interference of hunters. In ancient times these Hunters used arrows coated with wolfsbane. So I think the arrow and bow signifies hunters. If I am not wrong they are planning something big and nasty."

"Any orders alpha?" This time Jason asked.

"Double the security and train warriors hard." Valerie ordered. "What are the results of administration of wolfsbane in our warrior's blood system?" She asked Dominic.

"Alpha many amongst them are getting immune and resistant to wolfsbane. Their blood is making antibodies for the poison. With the help of Charles team we are able to make them resistant."

She looked towards Charles and asked "Any major damage to their DNA?"

"Our genetic team haven't found any lethal change." he replied and Valerie nodded.

"It's time to contact Dmitri and Alexei."

"Have the situation worsened so much that we need to call them?" Genesis asked who was at this point standing mute.

"Not at all my dear sister, I am just consulting him. You know how much Father appreciated them. I just want their opinion." Valerie replied.

"I don't want to lose mum." She sobbed and Jason put his arms around her.

"And we won't." Valerie replied in full confidence. "Where are they these days?" she asked to no one in particular.

"In Russia." Kevin replied. "I had a talk with them last month."

Valerie nodded. "All of you are dismissed for now. I would like to talk with Autumn alone"

"Don't do anything stupid." Kevin said while patting Valerie on the back before leaving with others.

Once they were alone, Valerie sighed and plopped on her chair emotionally exhausted. "Close the door please." She instructed Autumn.

Autumn obliged and closed the door and she took a seat in front of her alpha.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

Valerie sighed. "No, not exactly, Cayden had decided to take Scarlet, his head warrior as his mate."

"Are you okay with it?" Autumn asked.

"Am I okay with my mate taking another female as his mate without first rejecting me!" She snorted. "Of course not Autumn, but I can understand him and his decision as well. I was neither accepting him nor rejecting. What else could he do? I have called you here to prepare a potion or cast some spell to tame my wolf in front of them. Though I have told them not to act like couple in front of me but still I can't risk killing Scarlet. I want my beast under my control not the other way around."

"It is risky, given the situation with the imminent threat of hunters." Autumn replied.

"Hmm. That is other thing I want you to do. Cast some protection spells around our pack boundary and find a way to protect pack members once they are out of the pack boundary. I can't ask them to leave the jobs or ask the children to stop going to schools. They are in grave danger when they are in human territory."

"What about Mystic Moon?" Autumn asked.

"What about them?" Valerie asked.

"What about their protection?"

"I will warn their Alpha but their protection is not my headache."

"Is it really not?" Autumn asked.

"Please Autumn. Not now" Valerie sighed.

"Then when Valerie, you are not only my alpha but my friend too. And if you have a witch at your disposal I think you should help your neighboring pack too."

"Really, then why only Mystic Moon, let's help the other three neighboring packs as well. Can you tolerate that much pressure? Can you? Just because their alpha is my mate, should not get specially treated, Autumn. And please I want to remain alone for now. Whatever there is you wish to say, you can tell after wards."

Autumn sighed and stood up. She looked towards Valerie who was avoiding making eye contact. She shook her head and left the office.

Enjoy Reading!!

Updates every Saturday

Vote and Comment. Pretty Please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 13.3K 92
A hunter named Jay was out hunting someone, until she passed by some growling sound. Following to where the noise was, she saw two big werewolves and...
389K 9.3K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
1M 29.2K 32
*• POV IS IN BOTH MALE AND FEMALE•* •• Any similarity to a different story is a complete coincidence! I thought of this story on my own.•• 18 year ol...
28K 1.1K 53
Jay's fought to survive her entire life. She's never stayed in one place for too long and trusts no one. She's hunted mystics and killed for sport. S...