Unforgiving Years

By Yun_Rei

Title : 不饶岁月 Author : 无心谈笑 Four years ago, Mu Xueyi and Zhou Zhenyue broke up. Four years later, a piece of n... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118

22

290 14 0
By Yun_Rei

Mu Xueyi was stunned after pushing the door open.

There is no one in the room.

She tentatively called out: "A Yue?"

The evening breeze lifted a corner of the balcony curtain and waited for a while, but there was no response.

Mu Xueyi walked to the balcony and looked outside. No one was on the balcony. She went inside again, but Zhou Zhenyue was not in bed either.

"Ayue?" She called Zhou Zhenyue as she walked to the bathroom.

The bathroom door was unlocked, and Mu Xueyi went in easily. As soon as the door opened, she still had half a sentence of "A Yue" in her mouth, and she caught sight of Zhou Zhenyue lying in the bathtub.

Zhou Zhenyue leaned against the edge of the bathtub, her long hair damply scattered outside the porcelain-white bathtub, her eyes closed, as if she was asleep.

The water is still steaming, but there are not many bubbles left. Through the surface of the water, some places that should not be seen can be seen vaguely. There are a few yellow rubber ducks floating on the water that only children can play with. Zhou Zhenyue is holding one in her hand hanging outside the bathtub. The little duck and her fingertips are dripping with water.

Mu Xueyi held her breath and carefully approached. In order not to see what she shouldn't, she squatted down by the bathtub to look up at her.

Staring at Zhou Zhenyue's sleeping face for a few minutes, Mu Xueyi smiled, gently grasped her wrist, and took off the rubber duck in her hand.

It must be so tired that you can fall asleep even in the bath.

Unexpectedly, Zhou Zhenyue suddenly woke up when he took the duck halfway.

After a vague dream, Zhou Zhenyue slowly opened her eyes, half-snooking her eyelids, looking at the little duck that was dragged halfway by Mu Xueyi in her hand.

After a long while, she sighed dullly from her throat, her voice still drowsy: "Just thinking about picking the duck, I don't know if I wake up first."

Mu Xueyi said hurriedly: "I am not..."

Zhou Zhenyue let go and stuffed the rubber duck to Mu Xueyi, indulging him as always, "Take it."

Mu Xueyi held the wet rubber duck and opened her mouth, not knowing what to say.

Zhou Zhenyue frowned and rubbed his temples, "You go out first, I'll put on some clothes."

Mu Xueyi didn't dare to look at her, so he hummed and hurriedly left the bathroom with his eyes hiding.

She stood by the bathroom door for a while, not knowing what to do for a while.

For a long time, she suddenly remembered what she was holding, so she went to the sofa to find her bag, dried the rubber duck with her cuffs, and carefully put it into the inner pocket of the shoulder bag.

With a "creak", Zhou Zhenyue pushed open the bathroom door.

She was wearing a loose white bathrobe, her hair was half-dry, and her eyes were still tired.

"Are the building blocks finished?" she asked in a low voice while pouring water on the side of the coffee table.

Mu Xueyi sat on the sofa obediently, with a pleasing eyebrow, "I haven't finished spelling it, it's too much."

Zhou Zhenyue: "I will leave tomorrow after finishing the spell."

Mu Xueyi whispered, "That... I won't be able to finish it tomorrow."

Zhou Zhenyue drank a sip of water, "I don't care if you can finish it tomorrow, in short, you can leave after finishing it. I can't see that mess of things makes the balcony all over."

Mu Xueyi: "Okay, I will fight as soon as possible."

After speaking, the air fell silent for a while.

There seems to be no more topics to talk about.

Zhou Zhenyue picked up the water cup again, was silent for a while, and then asked: "...While fighting, is there any problem?"

Mu Xueyi thought for a while, "It seems...two blocks are missing."

Zhou Zhenyue: "Which two?"

Mu Xueyi tried to recall the colorful building blocks, but was not sure: "I don't remember either."

After two sentences, the atmosphere solidified again.

Zhou Zhenyue drank the water, coughed twice, turned around and walked inside, "If you are sleepy, go to bed first, on the left side of the bed. I still have something to do with it."

Mu Xueyi followed her in and said hello obediently.

The interior area is small, only a large double bed and a work desk. Zhou Zhenyue turned off the overhead light, only turned on one lamp on the desk, and three monitors on the desk. Each screen opened a different page. Mu Xueyi glanced at it. One was stock market trends, and the other two were supposed to be the company's internal documents. She immediately looked away.

Mu Xueyi focused on the double bed.

The bed is very neat, Zhou Zhenyue is the kind of personality that will never sit on the bed casually during the day, and there is no fold on the sheets. A quilt is stacked on the pillow on the right.

Mu Xueyi couldn't help but swallowed saliva and asked in a low voice, "Just... a quilt?"

Zhou Zhenyue sat back at the desk and stared at the screen: "Open the closet, there are three beds on the top floor."

Mu Xueyi regretted asking this question too much.

She went to the bathroom to wash, and the changed clothes, towels and toothbrushes were all placed on the sink, which was easy to access. After washing and getting into the bed, Zhou Zhenyue was still frowning in front of the screen.

Mu Xueyi secretly hid in the dark watching Zhou Zhenyue at work. Her long hair was still wet, her eyes were covered with reddish blood, and she kept holding the mouse in her right hand.

The jade ring on her index finger seemed to make her uncomfortable. After a while, she would put down the mouse and turn the ring.

Mu Xueyi stared at Zhou Zhenyue's fingers, thinking that she might be crazy.

Why does she feel that Zhou Zhenyue turns the ring so...sexy?

Mu Xueyi closed her eyes, quietly reached out to the other side of the bed, stroked the sheets there, and imagined Zhou Zhenyue sleeping next to her.

Their relationship...should have changed?

She can now be allowed to lie on her bed, under her quilt, and after a while, she may be able to fall asleep next to her.

Suddenly, a voice rang in his head unexpectedly--

"Master Zhou doesn't know what you did three years ago, right?"

The sudden memory is like a basin of ice water, instantly extinguishing all her beautiful fantasies.

The heart that was still throbbing just now was as cold as an ice cellar.

She will always think of Mu Ruqing's words these two days. It's like a needle hidden in the flesh, and it will hurt your life at some point.

Mu Xueyi curled up in the quilt, hugged her gently trembling arm, and whispered, "Ayue."

Zhou Zhenyue raised her eyes and glanced over here: "Huh?"

Mu Xueyi lowered her eyes, "Grandpa is so good, you say...If he knew about the incident three years ago, would he... forgive me?"

Zhou Zhenyue paused by pressing the mouse.

She frowned: "Grandpa treats you very well now, but he also has his principles. He is a soldier from the army. The most unacceptable thing for a soldier is deceit and betrayal. What you did three years ago was to touch him. The bottom line. So don’t do any wishful thinking, this can only be kept from him for a lifetime."

Mu Xueyi smiled bitterly: "So...actually, I can guess, it's okay, I just...just ask."

Zhou Zhenyue touched her chin and pursed her lips, "Do you feel uneasy about hiding something from him?"

Mu Xueyi held the quilt in silence for a long time, and replied dullly: "...No."

Zhou Zhenyue hesitated for a moment: "...This is not a lie to him, it's just that you haven't told him all the truth. You don't have to bear any burdens."

Is A Yue... comforting her?

Mu Xueyi curled up her fingers on the bed sheet, wondering whether it was more suffering or more joy.

A Yue finally comforted her, but she didn't even dare to respond.

Because I don't know what kind of ending will be faced in ten days, so I don't know whether to give Zhou Zhenyue expectation and hope.

With a complicated mood, Mu Xueyi shrank in the quilt and fell asleep in a daze.

At two o'clock in the morning, Zhou Zhenyue finally finished her work.

She let out a long sigh and got up from the office chair sleepily. The night light came in from the window and shone on Mu Xueyi's quiet sleeping face. She supported the desk and stared at Mu Xueyi for a long time.

After a long while, Zhou Zhenyue retracted her gaze and walked towards the balcony very lightly.

She found the part that Mu Xueyi had put together in the pile in the corner, took the instructions, and returned to the desk.

Pulling down the lamp, she held up the semi-finished building block castle. Starting from the first page of the manual, she narrowed her eyes and looked for the two missing blocks step by step.

Color-page instructions printed with complicated steps and colorful bricks are as thick as a dictionary.

The long night was as quiet as frozen air. In Wan Lai's quiet room, only Mu Xueyi's even breathing could be heard, and the sound of pages turning over the desk.

.

Early in the morning, Mu Xueyi was awakened by the sound of running water in the bathroom.

After she woke up, she glanced at her watch. It was only six o'clock, and the sound of towels washing in the water came from the bathroom. She looked to her side subconsciously, and the folds of the sheets were exactly the same as before she fell asleep.

Mu Xueyi propped up half of her body and shouted vaguely: "A Yue?"

The sound of running water from the faucet stopped abruptly.

Zhou Zhenyue pushed open the bathroom door, only half of her body was stretched out, with water drops on her face, "What's the matter?"

Mu Xueyi leaned on the bed, did the sleepiness completely fade away in his eyes: "Did you not sleep last night?"

Zhou Zhenyue hummed: "Yes, all night. I have to go to the company in a while. You still stay at home today, and I will come back for dinner in the evening."

Mu Xueyi rubbed her eyes, "I'm going to scramble an egg for you."

Zhou Zhenyue: "No, it's too late."

She was really in a hurry, put on her coat and left after five minutes.

Before leaving, she said to the sleepy Mu Xueyi again: "I will come back for dinner in the evening."

Mu Xueyi half-closed her eyes and muttered: "Well...I can fry two dishes."

After Zhou Zhenyue left, Mu Xueyi fell asleep again.

At around eight o'clock in the morning, she was woken up again. It's just that this time I was woken up by the phone ringing.

She didn't even look at the electric display, and she connected it directly to her ear: "Hello?"

"Yes, my dear sister, haven't you gotten up yet?"

Mu Ruqing's voice exploded in her ears.

Mu Xueyi woke up instantly, opened his eyes and sat up, "You--"

Mu Ruqing snorted: "I heard that you spent the night in Zhou's old house yesterday? It's going very fast. Did you start to prepare for stealing the quotation form?"

Mu Xueyi grasped the quilt tightly: "How did you know that I came to the old house? Did you send someone to follow me?"

Mu Ruqing calmly said: "Don't get excited, this is not the point. I don't care where you are, and I don't care what you do. I call you to tell you something. Come over tonight and have a meal with Professor Shen. rice."

Mu Xueyi said word by word: "I'm not going."

Mu Ruqing sneered: "Where do you have the confidence to reject me? Tell you, if you don't come here tonight, I promise Zhou Fengnian will know everything before the sun rises tomorrow."

Mu Xueyi's fingers were blue, and her nails were too tight to bleed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 156 142
Workplace, business war, fight against monsters, fall in love. Qi Man went to interview the secretary at Rongtian Headquarters at the age of 18. When...
49.9K 1.5K 57
In a magical world filled with mages of all kinds, there are guilds to give jobs to the mages. And the strongest guild of them all is called "Fairy T...
14.9K 457 49
  Ning Xuechu was the daughter of the Ning family who had been separated for many years, and now the property of the Ning family was in the hands of...
8.2K 262 80
THE WORK IS NOT MINE, FOR OFFLINE PURPOSES ONLY Title: 怀了反派boss的崽 Yun Mu transmigrated into the book by mistake and became the wife of the villain bo...