Unforgiving Years

By Yun_Rei

Title : 不饶岁月 Author : 无心谈笑 Four years ago, Mu Xueyi and Zhou Zhenyue broke up. Four years later, a piece of n... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118

16

361 17 1
By Yun_Rei

Chapter 16
Anyang City, Shenjia.

Mu Ruqing put down the carefully prepared gift in his hand, and smiled to the old man in front of him: "President Shen, you see, it has been a month since you became the principal of Anyang University of Finance and Economics. I only have time to visit today. Sorry."

Shen Lei smiled and waved his hand, telling Mu Ruqing to sit down beside the wooden coffee table and pour her a cup of freshly brewed red robe.

"Be polite, I still like you calling me old man Shen at school."

Mu Ruqing smiled and said: "Time flies so fast. You were my mentor back then, and now you are the principal. However, you became the principal. Now who is teaching the finance major of the Business School?"

Shen Lei stroked his beard, with pride in his tone: "It's my daughter. Her name is Shen Huaixing. Recently, there are several very good papers published in journals. You can read them when you have time."

Mu Ruqing froze for a moment, and then curled her lips intriguingly: "Is Shen Huaixing your daughter?"

She vaguely remembered that her sister had entangled with a professor named Shen Huaixing, but she still didn't know that Shen Huaixing was Shen Lei's daughter.

Shen Lei took a sip of tea, his expression calm: "Why, haven't you heard your sister mention her?"

Mu Ruqing raised an interest: "You actually know about them?"

Shen Lei shrugged: "It's more than knowing that when they were still talking, I called Huai Xing to the hospital-level leadership office every day to write an inspection." He tutted, "At that time, your sister was still young, I just I feel pregnant with a star shouldn't delay a child. But now Xueyi has grown up too, right?"

Mu Ruqing nodded: "Yes, twenty-eight years old."

Shen Lei smiled: "Huaixing seems to want to resurrect her old feelings recently. I think she always looks at their previous albums in the room alone. In fact, Xueyi's child is nice and sensible. I dried the tea by myself. If they can really get back together, Huai Xing has been reluctant to get married. I guess I just can't let go of the snow clothes in my heart."

Mu Ruqing raised her eyebrows: "That's it."

Shen Lei asked again: "Hey, what the hell are you looking for? If you want to be straightforward, you don't need to be polite."

Mu Ruqing smiled slightly: "Just... I want to talk to you about the school-enterprise alliance."

Shen Lei: "It turned out to be for this purpose." He smiled and shook his head. "This year Zhou also has the intention of in-depth cooperation. I'm still observing it, so don't worry."

While talking, the sound of the key turning came from the security door. After a while, Shen Huaixing walked in.

Shen Lei stood up and introduced: "Huixing, this is Mr. Mu, Mu Ruqing." He hesitated, and added: "Sister Xueyi."

Shen Huaixing stared at Mu Ruqing for two seconds.

Then, she took off her gloves and held Mu Ruqing's hand, "Hello."

Mu Ruqing smiled very friendly: "Professor Shen, Jiu Yang. Shall we have a meal together another day? I also call Xueyi."

Shen Huaixing was silent for a moment, and said: "The last time I saw her, it seemed to be a bit awkward with her family."

Mu Ruqing: "No matter what kind of awkwardness she is, she is still from the Mu family. Professor Shen should also know her. He has always been very obedient. I can still tell her to have a meal with you."

Shen Huaixing smiled lightly: "I appreciate your kindness. But she is with Zhou Zhenyue now, don't force her."

Mu Ruqing tilted her head: "Zhou Zhenyue?"

She smiled deeper, and said unclearly: "You don't have to worry about this, just leave it to me."

Shen Huaixing frowned: "What do you mean?"

Mu Ruqing did not answer, but said a few more polite remarks, and then said goodbye to Shen Lei politely. Before leaving, I asked for Shen Huaixing's mobile phone number.

When she came out of Mu's house, Zhong Wan was leaning on the car door looking at her phone, holding two cups of coffee in her free hand.

Mu Ruqing naturally took Zhong Wan's shoulders, groaning: "Why don't you wait in the car? It's so cold outside."

Zhong Wan flashed her shoulders, avoiding Mu Ruqing's touch, lowered her head and handed her the coffee, "...your coffee."

Mu Ruqing took it and touched it: "It's already cold. Throw it away, I'll buy you a new one."

Zhong Wan didn't listen to her and opened the coffee lid without saying a word and started drinking.

After all, this was something that money bought, and she was reluctant to spoil it.

Mu Ruqing embraced Zhong Wan and got into the car. After Zhong Wan sat down, she thoughtfully helped her fasten her seat belt.

"This month's money has already hit your parents' passbook. They lived well in the mountains, so don't worry." Mu Ruqing said in a gentle tone, as if he gave all the tenderness of this life to the one next to him. Woman, "I also donated some money to the village committee so that they can renovate the elementary school you studied. When everything on hand is finished recently, I will accompany you back to the mountain."

Zhong Wan squeezed the paper cup of coffee, her tone was cold: "As long as the neighbors see you with me, they will guess my relationship with you. My parents will also know that I have nothing to do with the women who go out in the village. Different."

Mu Ruqing didn't speak for a while.

After a long time, she said, "Okay, I'm not going."

The car drove on the ring road and entered the endless stream of cars.

Zhong Wan looked at the bustling city outside the car window, and suddenly felt that this city was no different from when he first came twenty years ago.

Maybe... if she didn't come here twenty years ago, everything would be different.

When she was a child, she was just the most ordinary kid in the countryside. In her spare time, she helped her parents with farming, and she sat in a leaky mud classroom during class to listen to lectures. When she was in the second grade of elementary school, a family from the city suddenly found her and offered to support her to go to school in the city. The only requirement was to live with the family and accompany their daughter to study and grow up together.

At that time, everyone in the village felt that she was the luckiest child, who could be placed such precious hope by the rich.

But it took a long time for her to realize that she was just a gift from Mu Guocheng to Mu Ruqing.

At that time, Mu Guocheng had just brought home the illegitimate daughter Mu Xueyi. Mu Ruqing was very angry. In order to compensate her, Mu Guocheng picked up a beautiful girl from the countryside to play with her.

On the first day she arrived at Mu's house, Mu Ruqing arbitrarily controlled her by her side. Mu Ruqing did not allow her to accompany her for dinner, sleep with her, and her to go to the bathroom. Mu Ruqing did not allow it to exceed ten minutes.

In fact, since childhood, Mu Ruqing was not bad to her. When I was young, I protected her everywhere in the school to prevent the little boys in the city from bullying her. When she grew up, she took her by her side as an assistant and did the least work with the highest salary.

It's just that being nice to her is like petting a puppy. There is no respect, no equality, only possession and arbitrarily giving.

She doesn't know whether Mu Ruqing's feelings for her are considered love, she only knows that she doesn't love Mu Ruqing.

She certainly doesn't like Xueyi, although Mu Ruqing always feels so.

Xueyi had something very similar to her, the kind of helplessness to climb from the bottom to the top, and the obedience under the fence, it was too similar. Therefore, in the Mu family, which is full of masters, she is destined to only be friends with Xueyi.

But obviously, her choice to be friends with Xueyi will only make Mu Ruqing hate this sister even more.

She has rarely spoken to Xueyi in recent years, but Mu Ruqing is still very keen to suppress Xueyi, and will show off slowly in front of her every time she suppresses it. While showing off, she eagerly searched for various reactions in her eyes.

Mu Ruqing seemed to want to prove that in her Zhong Wan's heart, she was more important than Mu Xueyi.

"After going back to the company for a meeting, I'll take you to eat French food." Mu Ruqing softened her tone, "What do you want to eat? I'll let the chef prepare in advance."

Zhong Wan stared out of the car window: "You didn't eat at Principal Shen's house just now?"

Mu Ruqing: "I wanted to have some tea, but I came back when I met Shen Huaixing..." She changed her tone, "Do you know Shen Huaixing? The professor Xueyi liked."

Zhong Wan was silent for a while, and said softly: "I know."

She was the same age as Mu Xueyi and went to the same university. When Mu Xueyi chased Shen Huaixing back then, she often helped in the middle.

Mu Ruqing asked again: "Wanwan, do you think it is better for Xueyi to be with Zhou Zhenyue, or to be with Shen Huaixing?"

Zhong Wan frowned: "...What are you asking me for? You can be with whom Xueyi likes."

Mu Ruqing chuckled: "You are like her, thinking about this too simple. As the daughter of the Mu family, marriage must be able to contribute to the Mu Mohs enterprise. She The connection with the Mu family is not something she can break if she wants to."

Zhong Wan squinted at Mu Ruqing, and suddenly asked:

"You are also the daughter of the Mu family, how about you?"

Mu Ruqing replied calmly: "Of course I am the same. When the time is right, I will marry the entrepreneur who is most suitable for joint development with Mohs. When you sit in my position, you will understand that there is nothing you can't become. Means in the business arena."

Zhong Wan opened her mouth, and stopped talking. In the end, she didn't ask the question that was in her heart.

--what about me?

She immediately thought it was funny again.

She knew that she didn't love Mu Ruqing, but when she heard that Mu Ruqing would not give her any name, she had the illusion that she didn't expect anything.

Mu Ruqing glanced at the time on the phone and suddenly changed the subject: "Give Mu Xueyi a call."

Zhong Wan didn't react for a while: "What?"

Mu Ruqing repeated: "Use your mobile phone to call my sister."

Zhong Wan was a little wary: "What do you want to do?"

Since Mu Xueyi left, Mu Ruqing has not actively contacted her.

Mu Ruqing shrugged: "She blacked me out, and I can't get through. Borrow your account and I'll talk to her."

Zhong Wan hesitated for a while, but couldn't stop it, so she had to dial Mu Xueyi's phone with her mobile phone. The beep in the handset of the mobile phone rang for a long time, and finally when it was about to hang up automatically, the call was connected.

Mu Ruqing did not wait for the people over there to speak, and said first: "I don't know if your side is inconvenient, I will make a long story short, within three days, get the latest quotation sheet drawn up by Zhou Zhenyue. This time this partner It’s very important. Muhammad has to fight for it. You should be able to understand it? Don’t stay at Zhou’s house for a long time and forget what you are going to do."

She then snorted: "You know my mailbox, I am waiting for your mail."

When the words fell, Mu Ruqing stretched out his hand to hang up, and did not give the other party a little chance to answer the call.

Zhong Wan clenched her fists, was about to say something, but noticed more important things.

She suddenly raised her head to look at Mu Ruqing: "It's eight o'clock in the evening?"

Mu Ruqing curled her lips: "I know."

Zhong Wan blurted out: "You know that Xueyi will take a bath at 8 o'clock every day, so--"

Mu Ruqing said calmly: "Yes. The person who just listened to the phone is Zhou Zhenyue."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 30.4K 61
Dans un monde où le chaos et la violence étaient maitre, ne laissant place à ne serrait ce qu'un soupçon d'humanité. Plume était l'exception. Elle...
6.7K 193 112
A compilation of poems that I wrote throughout the days.
4.3K 138 15
"I love you" we say it, but we don't actually mean it do we? -Tanjiro -------- Tanjiro and Kanao were in a happy healthy relationship, that was until...
5.2M 462K 96
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...