Chapter 47: Arkham Asylum

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

45 Minutes Later....
The Batwing gently made its soft landing within the forest near the old abandoned Arkham Asylum.

Batman/Johnny and Robin got out from the Batwing and entered the Asylum.

ROBIN: So this is Arkham Asylum? Could be a good place to lock up some criminals in the future.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Come on. We need to move.

As they explored the inside of the Asylum, all they could see was the walls cracking all over and insects crawling through the shadows. The environment was barely dark as if it was impossible to see and quiet.

Batman/Johnny turned on his Detective Vision within his cowl to find the missing Loughrans.

ROBIN: Is it just me or does this placed just gives me the creeps.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Do you read me, Alfred?

Batman/Johnny asked Alfred through his earpiece. Alfred was back in the Batcave underneath the old Cartwright house/Alfred's house working in front of the Batcomputer.

ALFRED: Loud and clear as usual, Johnny. However, you Detective Vision detects no signs of life. I suggest you and Robin should keep moving along.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Dammit! (*sigh) Alright, just keep me updated.

While walking through the dark and creepy hallway in the Asylum, Batman/Johnny and Robin have stumbled upon an old cell with writings on the walls in the form of a circle.

Batman/Johnny read the writings carefully and found out it was a journal of Amadeus Arkham:

They brought the animal before me, shameless and barking like a mad dog. For what felt like days I endured his boasts. He took pleasure recounting his actions, cataloging his depraved crimes. What should have been revenge turned to pity. This poor dog needed my help.

My family's killer stood in front of me. Years of therapy have deemed him sane. I was proud to see him walk free. In exchange for his liberty the state required only a signature. He talked about wanting to walk in a park, how he longed to feel fresh air on his face, and then he took my father's fountain pen and killed my secretary. As he was subdued, he screamed out, pleading for forgiveness, for pity, but I had none. I watched as guards beat him to a stain on the floor.

ROBIN: What the hell is this?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: The writings on the walls... this must be Amadeus' cell when he was declared insane.