Chapter 17: Dead on Arrival

(The Batman Trailer)

The party was suddenly interpreted when a person was forced to step on the stage to grab everyone's attention. Both Dracula and Martha, still on the ceiling, noticed that all the guests stopped dancing in confusion.

MARTHA: What's going on down there?

DRACULA: I don't know. I'll go check it out.

MARTHA: I'm coming with you, honey.

Dracula turned into his bat form to find out what was going on while Martha also turned into her bat form with her husband.

Once Dracula and Martha landed on the ground and changed back into their human form, they saw the person standing on the stage.

A hint of panic and fear slowly began to form on Dracula's face and the rest of the guests. The person's mouth was covered in duck tape with a bomb strapped around his neck. A phone was also tapped around the person's right hand and a note on his chest that says 'To THe BaTMaN'. A green question mark paint can be seen behind this person.

It was that moment they knew that this person was one of the Riddler's hostages (doctor). The hostage was also scared for his life and tried to scream but the duck tape on his mouth prevented it.

All of the guests began to scream in panic and running for their lives.

MAVIS: Johnny, what's happening?

JOHNNY: Riddler.

Johnny thought to himself. He also had that angry look on his face, mostly because of Riddler endangering his family on a peaceful night.

Dennis quickly ran towards to Mavis and Johnny and hugged his mother out of fear. Mavis hugged her son back in order to calm him down.

DENNIS: Mommy, daddy, Why is everyone getting scared?

MAVIS: I don't know, sweetie. Just stay close to me and daddy. Everything is going to be okay.

JOHNNY: Mavis, I need you and Dennis go somewhere safe. I don't want you getting near on that stage!

MAVIS: But what about that human over there? We could at least call for help or something.

JOHNNY: We can worry about that later, just get yourself and Dennis to safety! I'll call for help.

While Mavis carried Dennis away from a safer distance, Alfred quickly went up to Johnny.

ALFRED: Johnathan, Riddler's attack is getting far more worse! You have to do something!

JOHNNY: Just don't let anyone get near to that hostage! I'm calling in Gordon!

Without anyone watching his movements, Johnny exited the ballroom to call for help. He was walking through the hallway when he grabbed his phone to call Gordon. Johnny also scrambled the audio to disguise his voice.

JOHNNY: Gordon, I've found one of Riddler's hostages with a neck bomb on it. He's not going to last much longer from the looks of it.

GORDON: Oh god, that doesn't sound good! Where are you?