Chapter 80: Johnny's Past Life (Part 1)

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Black. All Dracula could only see was darkness ever since his consciousness was linked inside into Johnny's mind. Dracula walked around the empty dark area unsure where exactly he is going.

DRACULA: Hello? Is anyone here?

Dracula shouted throughout the environment as he heard his voice echoed. He kept shouting until someone would respond to his call.

DRACULA: Martha! Mavis! Where are you?

MARTHA: Drac, We're over here!

Martha and Mavis quickly ran towards Dracula before one of them even gets lost. All of them glanced around the empty dark surroundings. Just a few seconds later, the environment was now formed into a hallway of a house.

MAVIS: Looks like Tiffany's magic trick worked. We're inside Johnny's head.

MARTHA: Yeah, but where exactly? It looks like we're in a hallway but not the hotel's...

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis were hearing voices coming nearby. They quietly followed where the voices are coming from and it lead them in a bedroom. Inside the room were Mike and Linda sitting beside on an 7 year-old Johnathan's bed.

It appears that Dracula, Martha, and Mavis stumbled upon Johnny's childhood memories. Even though the three vampires and the humans are in the same room together, the humans could not see or hear the three vampires presence since it was all an old memory.

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis are watching Mike telling an old bedtime to Johnny that was so terrifying that he wrapped his blanket around his shoulder.

MIKE: Beware the Court that watches all the time, ruling from a shadow perch, behind granite and lime. They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed, speak not a whispered word of them or they'll send.....

JOHNNY: The Talon for your head.... is it true, dad?

MIKE: (*chuckle) Is there really a secret group of rich and powerful men who ruled from the shadows and would send their Talons to destroy anyone who dares to mention their existence?

Johnny nodded his head fearfully.

LINDA: Of course not, honey. It's just a story.

JOHNNY: But, what if there is?

MIKE: Oh, Johnny. There's no such thing as the Court of Owls. Even if there is one, your mother and I will always be here to protect you and your siblings.

Both Mike and Linda gave a goodnight kiss on young Johnny's forehead and turned off the lights before they left the bedroom. Dracula and Martha walked and looked around the small room and furniture while Mavis went closer to the sleeping young Johnny.

MARTHA: This must be Johnny's childhood before his parents died.

Mavis sat on the side of the young Johnny's bed and gently ruffled the young Johnny's red hair with affection while watching him sleep. The young Johnny really looked like Dennis.

MAVIS: He was a happy boy before that night changed it all.

Mavis planted a quick kiss on the young Johnny's forehead and formed a tender smile on her face.

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis were now transported into another fragment of Johnny's childhood memory.

The three vampires saw Mike, Linda, and the young Johnny saw coming out from the movie theaters laughing all together while towards to dark alley way.