Chapter 76: The Batman Who Laughs

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Somewhere within the tunnels, Mavis was tied up on chair and was unconscious. She was surrounded by two militia soldiers as one of them used anti-vampire darts on her.

(militia 1): There. I've injected her with another anti-vampire dart. She won't be a problem for awhile.

After she was injected, Mavis was starting to wake up slowly opening her eyes and groaning. She was shocked the two militia soldiers with them.

MAVIS: Who are you people and where am I?

The militia soldiers got startled as well when Mavis woke up even though they disabled her vampire powers.

(militia 2): Crap, the vampire is awake! What now?

(militia 1): Just put a gag on her or something that'll make her shut up.

MAVIS: What are you doing?! Hey, get away from me!

The militia soldier placed a duck tape on Mavis' mouth. She kept muffling her words while struggling to break free from her chair.

(militia 1): What's wrong? Expecting daddy or Batman to come and rescue you?

(militia 2): Not this time. With the Batman in our hands, It won't take too long for Van Helsing to capture Dracula and the rest of the monsters. They'll all be dead soon, and so will you.

While the militia soldiers were threatening Mavis, the door was smashed opened revealing an enraged Dracula.

DRACULA: Stay away from my daughter!

Dracula roared showing his demonic face towards the militia soldiers.

(militia): Oh, sh*t. We're screwed....

Dracula zoomed in to a militia soldier and slammed his body at wall behind him with his vampire strength knocking him out unconscious.

The militia nervously aimed his gun at the vampire but Dracula used his telekinesis to levitate him and smashed him on the ceiling before falling to the ground unconscious.

Dracula immediately went over Mavis to untie her from the chair and removed the gag on her.

MAVIS: Daddy!

As soon as Mavis was set free, she embraced her father in a tight hug. Dracula also did the same to his daughter protecting her.

DRACULA: Mavis! Are you alright? Did they hurt you?

MAVIS: No, dad. I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry.

DRACULA: Oh, my sweet fangs. It's okay. I'm just glad you're safe.

When Dracula and Mavis started walking through the tunnels to find a way out, the Batphone that Robin gave him was ringing in his pocket. Dracula tried to answer the phone but his long fingernails kept tapping his screen.

Watching her father's struggle, Mavis took the phone and gently pressed the answer icon. Dracula smiled
in embarrassment while Mavis just raised an eyebrow and smirked at her father trying to hide laughter.

DRACULA: Richard, I've found Mavis. Any luck with yours?

Dracula answered the phone but unfortunately Robin's communication signal was breaking.

ROBIN: (*static).... Drac.... (*static).... Johnny is.... (*static).... get out of there NOW....

DRACULA: Richard? Richard, hello? Can you hear me?