Chapter 40: The Bad News

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

A few days later....
It was the middle of the day for the hotel where monster guests are still asleep in their respective bedrooms.

Johnny and Mavis sat on the couch together with his arms around her shoulder and her arms wrapped around his waist while Dennis played with Tinkles.

Johnny however had a hard time on his sitting position due to the fight he had with Bane the other night. Luckily with Mavis' gentle touch, he could easily ease his pain.

The trio then heard a knock on the door.

JOHNNY: Huh, someone's at the door. Who could that be?

MAVIS: I'll get it, honey. Just stay with Dennis and Tinkles.

Mavis said as she kissed Johnny on cheek, which made him smile, and opened the door.

She saw Dracula, Martha, Alfred, and surprisingly with them was Commissioner Gordon.

MAVIS: Mom, dad? What are you guys doing here?

DRACULA: It's urgent, honeybat. Is Johnny here?

MAVIS: Yeah. He's here with Dennis and Tinkles. Why?

MARTHA: Commissioner Gordon is here. He said he needs to talk to us right now, including Johnny.

Mavis was confused on what was happening but she let them in their room anyway.

Johnny was also surprised to see Gordon in the hotel unexpectedly.

JOHNNY: Commissioner Gordon? What brings here today in the afternoon?

GORDON: I'm here to tell you something, Mr. Loughran. think it's best if the little could stay outside for awhile.

Dennis then came up to Johnny a little worried. Johnny knelt down with his knee to reassure him.

DENNIS: Daddy, is something wrong.

JOHNNY: Nothing's wrong Dennis, I promise. Why won't you come with Alfred for the meantime.

Alfred then carried Dennis on his arms giving Johnny and the three vampires some privacy.

ALFRED: Come on, Dennis my boy. Let's go find Winne downstairs and play for awhile.

DENNIS: Okay, Papa Alfred. Let's go, Tinkles.

Both Alfred and Dennis left the room with Tinkles following.

Gordon blankly starred at the giant while Johnny slightly chuckled on the Commissioner's reaction for his amusement.

Gordon shook his confusion away and talked to Johnny, Mavis, Dracula, and Martha.

GORDON: (*sigh) I'm afraid we have bad news for you, son. Earlier today, we've received a call that your brothers, sister, and nephews have been kidnapped.

Dracula, Mavis, Martha, and mostly Johnny widened their eyes and gasped in horror. Johnny however was somehow traumatized by this news like his heart stopped beating.

JOHNNY: Wha..... What?

DRACULA: They've been kidnapped!?

GORDON: We were told that the kidnapping happened 2 days ago in their home at California. They didn't took anything valuable but just them.

JOHNNY: Wait! So let me get this straight, my siblings and nephews were kidnapped 2 days and you're just telling me this now! Why didn't we hear about this sooner!?

Johnny was losing his temper so easily and started to shout inside the room. Mavis gently held his shoulder trying to calm her angry husband down.

MAVIS: (*whisper) Johnny, sit down. Try to calm down, alright?

MARTHA: Have you at least identified the suspect?

GORDON: We did. It was a group of militia soldiers who kidnapped them. They same soldiers who are kidnapping the monsters all over the world. We also believe that they must've brought them here in Transylvania.

Both Dracula and Johnny were both silenced and figured out the realization.

JOHNNY: (*whisper) Militia?

DRACULA: (*whisper) Van Helsing....

Before Gordon could speak again, he handed Johnny a brown envelope.

GORDON: I didn't just come here to tell you about your family, Mr. Loughran.

JOHNNY: What do you mean?

GORDON: There's something else that I need to tell you before I leave. There was also a prison break at the same night your siblings were kidnapped.

JOHNNY: What does that have to do with finding my siblings.

GORDON: I believe you've already met this man before? Some of my police officers spotted him here around town.

As Johnny opened the envelope, he saw a police file and a mugshot of a certain inmate.

At this point, Johnny was having a hard time breathing like he was having a nightmare. He instantly knew who this person in the picture was.

JOHNNY: Joe Chill.....

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis were worried and confused how Johnny knew this man was.

MAVIS: Johnny, you've met this man before?

JOHNNY: I didn't only just met him.... he's.... (*breathing heavily) he's the man who killed my parents!

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis gasped in horror. They never thought that the man who killed Johnny's parents would come back.

GORDON: I know this is hard for you all to hear about this, especially with Mr. Loughran. I can assure you that we're doing everything we can back at the precinct to find them. We'll let you know if something came up.

DRACULA: Thank you, Commissioner Gordon. We hope you could find them as soon as possible.

Dracula escorted Gordon outside to the hotel while Johnny dizzily sat on the table and began to cry. Martha and Mavis quickly went beside Johnny for comfort.

MARTHA: Johnny, you poor boy.

MAVIS: Don't worry, honey. We'll get them back.

Mavis held the crying Johnny around her arms as an embrace to cheer him up. Johnny kept crying and hugged Mavis back tightly.

To be continued.....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.