Chapter 71: One Bad Day

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Batman/Johnny and Mavis were walking through the hallways inside Blackgate Prison trying to find a way out without being seen by the inmates. Batman/Johnny was overprotective of Mavis as he wouldn't let her go of his sight. Batman/Johnny hoped he avoid seeing Van Helsing, Arkham Knight, and maybe the Joker as well.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Keep your head down and stay close. We don't want to alert the other inmates.

MAVIS: How did you find me?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I've interrogated one of the militia soldiers and lead me here. They're going to pay for this.

MAVIS: No. I'm not letting go back here alone.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I can handle it. Once I get you out of here, I'm coming back to lock up the rest of the inmates.

Batman/Johnny said as Mavis didn't want to argue with her husband any longer. Mavis just hoped that Batman/Johnny's knows what he's doing.

MAVIS: How are we going to get out of here?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: The same way how I got in. We need to hurry. How did they captured you.

Mavis remembered that she went outside through the forest all herself because she wanted some alone time after her and Batman/Johnny's argument back at the hotel and the main reason why Van Helsing captured her. Mavis was still upset at Batman/Johnny but she did her best to stay calm and not let her anger control.

MAVIS: Can we just focus on getting out of here, Johnny. I'm not in the mood of talking right now.

Batman/Johnny noticed that Mavis' voice seemed rough, due to the fact that there was a bit of anger inside her. He had a guilty look on his face thinking what trouble he brought Mavis into. In hopes of listening to him, Batman/Johnny turned off his voice modulator to let Mavis hear his true voice.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Mavis... I'm sorry...

MAVIS: Johnny, can we not right now please. I just want to get back to the hotel with my mom and dad and Dennis.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Please, Mavis. I'm really sorry that I didn't told you sooner.

This was beginning to stress Mavis as she kept ignoring Batman/Johnny's voice and closed her eyes.

MAVIS: Don't! I don't wanna hear about it!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Mavis, I know I screwed up but just let me explain.....

Batman/Johnny kept pushing his limit so hard that Mavis just snapped. She let her anger took over her.

MAVIS: THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER!!

Mavis shouted loudly as she clenched her fist tightly. Batman/Johnny was silenced and caught off guard after he sees how angry Mavis at him. Trails of visible tears can be seen coming out from Mavis' blue eyes. This broke Batman/Johnny at how much he hurt Mavis.

MAVIS: Johnny, there's no need to explain everything! You lied to me for all these years! You've put our entire friends and family in danger tonight because of it!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I.... I just didn't want you to worry ....

Batman/Johnny replied unsure of the right answer. He doesn't know if he can still persuade her to listen. The only thing he knows about was that Mavis has the upper between the argument.