Chapter 84: A Broken Friendship

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

(Flashback)

This was the early time that Johnny was only 7 years-old just a month before his parents, Mike and Linda Loughran, were murdered on the night of his birthday.

The young Johnny was playing chess with his best friend, Adrian Chase, who came to visit him with his parents. Adrian's parents, Justin Claybourne and Amanda Westfield, were good friends and business partners with the Loughrans.

JOHNNY: I'm offering to save your life, Adrian.

ADRIAN: No way, Johnny. You just want me to make the wrong move.

JOHNNY: (*chuckle) Alright, it's your choice.

Adrian made his own move and rejected Johnny's offer. After a few minutes of playing, Johnny was already ahead.

JOHNNY: Checkmate.

ADRIAN: Hey no fair! You said you were going to offer me the chance to win!

JOHNNY: I did but I knew you were going to reject my offer so that means I have six moves left to win. If you did took the offer, then I'll just have to improvise.

ADRIAN: Ugh... I don't wanna play with you anymore! how do you do it, Johnny?

JOHNNY: If you want to beat your opponent, you have to be one step ahead of them. Focus on what you want to achieve then it'll happen eventually.

Adrian walked around to search for any book that he could read. There was one book that he was eager to read about it.

ADRIAN: Oh cool! Prometheus!

JOHNNY: I still don't get why like to know more about him?

ADRIAN: Well because in the Greek mythology, Prometheus' role was that he took away the power from the judge, jury and executioner gods.

As Adrian reads the book about Prometheus, Johnny read the book about the Court of Owls and it still terrified him by just reading the nursery rhymes.

Little did the two boys know, Johnny's parents, Mike and Linda, and Adrian's parents, Justin and Amanda, were watching them from upstairs.

LINDA: It's really wonderful how they never argue.

MIKE: Thank you for bringing Adrian along, Justin.

JUSTIN: Of course. No problem at all.

AMANDA: You know that Adrian never had any siblings. I'm really happy that him and Johnny are getting along just fine.

The next day, Mike learned the horrible truth about Justin and Amanda's business company. They were stealing money from their people and other illegal activities and covered it up. They would also kill anyone who doesn't negotiate with their deals.

MIKE: How could you do this!?

JUSTIN: Do what exactly, Mike?

MIKE: You're taking away people's money that's not how it works!

JUSTIN: It's how MY business works, Mike. I'm sure you do the same.

MIKE: No, because that's not who I am! What my company does is that we HELP people!

JUSTIN: (*chuckle) I'm giving you an advice that can save your troubles. It's called making easy money, my friend.

MIKE: How do you think Adrian would react if he learned about what his parents do?