Chapter 94: The Last Laugh

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Batman ended up in an old chapel room within the Asylum where he saw the Joker right in the front just laughing and coughing in blood.

JOKER: (*laugh) Oh, Bats.... it's just... (*laugh and cough).... what a night!

Batman quickly grabbed the Joker by the collar and lifted him up.

JOKER: It's just you and me again, Bats! So are you gonna do it this time, or are you just gonna put me back in another cell?

BATMAN: This sick game is over, Joker! You're going back to Blackgate with the rest of the lunatics.

JOKER: Why so serious, Bats? I know that deep down, you do need me, and I need you. You're who I perform for. You're the reason I smile. We're two threads at the same stitch.

Batman threw the Joker away to ground. As the the Joker tried to stand up, he grabbed two knives from his purple coat.

JOKER: (*cough) You just can't get it through your thick skull! We both exist because of them!

BATMAN: Give up! You've lost!

The Joker dashed his first knife while Batman was able dodge the attack and removed his knife. Joker dashed his second knife again while Batman dodges it and disarmed.

Batman kicked the Joker away on his chest. While Joker tried to recover, he was grabbing something from his purple jacket.

JOKER: You're making me late in my spa-treatment, I mean, it's not like you have a mom and dad to save anymore, is it? (*laugh) Oh, I'm sorry. Too soon? Will a big bang help ease the pain?

Joker held a detonator on his hand and pressed a button. The bombs that Joker placed underneath the chairs exploded as Batman and the Joker were thrown away from the blast radius.

A few minutes later, Batman woke up from the blast and slowly got up on his feet. He searched everywhere from the remains of the chapel room and he couldn't find the Joker anywhere.

JOKER: (*cough) Quick, the cure!

Batman noticed that the cure was still safely secured in his Utility Belt.

JOKER: What are you for, Bats? Come on! I've kidnapped your family, burned down Transylvania to hell! It's not even breakfast... (*laugh and cough) and so what? We all know you'll save me.

As Batman held the cure on his hand, a part of him was having doubts about administering the cure to the Joker but he is no killer.

BATMAN: Every decision you've made ends with death and misery. People die, I stop you... you'll just break out and do it again!

JOKER: (*cough) Think of it as a running.... GAG!

The Joker jumped behind Batman and stabbed him on the shoulder. Batman yelped in pain and accidentally dropped the cure breaking the cylinder container.

JOKER: NOOOO!!!

Joker knelt down on his knees and licked the floor hopping a small portion of the cure would treat him but it wasn't enough. Batman removed the knife from his shoulder.

JOKER: Are you happy now!?

BATMAN: Do you want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done....

Batman paused for a moment trying to find the right words to say.

BATMAN: I still would've saved you.