Chapter 43: Chill of the Night

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Joe Chill kept running on the streets for his life looking all exhausted while Batman/Johnny chased him through the rooftops to never let go of him in his sights. Once Joe Chill makes a mistake, Batman/Johnny will be there to take him down.

Joe Chill ran into a dark alleyway as a shortcut but unfortunately it was a dead end.

Joe Chill pulled out his gun for his protection while Batman/Johnny's voice echoed through the alley.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Joe Chill.

JOE CHILL: Who are you! Show yourself!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I'm the one you cannot escape. The one... you created many years ago.

A Batarang hit Joe Chill on the hand making him drop his gun.

Batman/Johnny dropped down to the alleyway as Joe Chill was startled that he fell to the ground.

JOE CHILL: I... I don't believe what I'm seeing right now!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: You're scared. You should be.

Batman/Johnny used both of his hand to grab Joe Chill by the collar of his shirt.

JOE CHILL: Please! Don't hurt me! I don't wanna die!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: You should've thought of that when murdered Mike and Linda Loughran!

JOE CHILL: Who?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: THE MARRIED COUPLE YOU MURDERED YEARS AGO IN FRONT OF THIER 8 YEAR-OLD SON!!!!

JOE CHILL: Th... that? That was a lifetime ago.....

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Yes! My lifetime! You took them without mercy or regret and cold blood, Chill!

JOE CHILL: Look, man.... whatever I did to you, (*stutter) I... I'm sorry.... please I don't want to die.... I heard about you... you don't hurt people, right?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: You thought wrong.

Batman/Johnny let his anger took control over him as he began to brutally beat up Joe Chill with his bear hands.

Batman/Johnny's kept punching Joe Chill so hard that his face was mostly covered in blood. Somehow, this relieved Batman/Johnny as he finally took his revenge from what Joe Chill did to his parents.

The weak Joe Chill fell to the ground coughing in blood not wanting another beating. Batman/Johnny however grabbed and slammed his back against the wall and strangling him.

JOE CHILL: (*chocking) Please... no more.... I.... can't..... breath....

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I've waited a long time for this!

As Batman/Johnny continued to strangle Joe Chill, Robin got to the alleyway to stop Batman/Johnny from he was about to do.

ROBIN: Batman, STOP! The police are on their way. You have to let him go! He's not worth it!

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Get out of here, Robin! This doesn't concern!

ROBIN: Batman, listen to me. I know what you're going through but what you're doing this isn't going to change the past! Think about your family, what would they say if they saw you like this? You told me that you've become Batman because you want to make sure that what happened to you that night would never happen to anyone else ever again. I won't let you throw your life away! People need Batman! If you do this and allow yourself to become what you fought against, there's no coming back.... and you know that.

Those finally snapped Batman/Johnny back to reality and became terrified at the monster that he's become.

Batman/Johnny lets go of Joe Chill and saw his hands was covered in blood.

JOE CHILL: (*breathing heavily) Wh... What the hell's... wrong with you!?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Robin.... I... I'm sorry... I didn't mean....

ROBIN: It's alright.... it's alright. I've got your back, Batman. Always.

Batman/Johnny took a moment to put his thoughts back straight before moving on. He was just glad that he never crossed the line of killing.

A few minutes later, the police officers finally Joe Chill in custody alongside with Penguin and his henchmen back at his nightclub.

Meanwhile, both Batman/Johnny and Robin stick to the rooftops.

ROBIN: So Chill didn't tell you anything, huh?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: He didn't know that the militia abducted my siblings and nephews back at California. They just broke him out of jail and bring him along.

ROBIN: The question is why?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I don't know. Why did Alfred send you?

ROBIN: He was worried about you. We all are. He thought that after tonight, you might've...

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I... I thought I did, too. You and Alfred made the right choice. I'm sorry.

ROBIN: It's alright. While you were gone, Commissioner Gordon. He said they captured one of the Arkham Knight's militia soldiers. They might help us find your family.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Brilliant. Any idea where he is?

ROBIN: Let's just say they're keeping an eye on him at a place where they can held the interrogation.

To be continued....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.