Chapter 74: Dracula and Robin

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Dracula and Robin continued traveling through the rooftops tracing the signal of the jamming device that was preventing them from locating Mavis and Johnny.

Dracula was in his bat form flying through the night sky while Robin had his Grapnel Gun with him between rooftops and his gauntlet that can triangulate the location of the jammer.

DRACULA: How did you get involved into this anyway?

ROBIN: Alfred told me what happen to Mavis and Johnny at Blackgate. I was the only one who could back Johnny up.

DRACULA: No. What I'm meaning to say is that why are you doing this? Why become Robin?

Robin stopped for a minute thinking if he would tell Dracula the time that Richard Grayson became Batman's partner, Robin.

ROBIN: (*sigh) Remember the time when Joker took my parents at his carnival?

DRACULA: Yes. Mavis and Johnny watched over you while Johnny... I mean... Batman rescued them.

ROBIN: I guess that's where it all started. A few years later, I ran into trouble one night just to find him. When Johnny saved me, I try to convince him that I can to help him.

DRACULA: So Johnny just took you in like that?

ROBIN: We had a pretty long argument. Johnny was very skeptical about bringing me in to his missions. He said he doesn't need 'allies' at the moment.

DRACULA: So what happened after that?

ROBIN: I trained myself until I was ready, physically and mentally. Acrobatics was my thing but I have to learn criminology, chemistry, and others. Johnny also taught me his martial arts skills.

Dracula had the same thoughts that Johnny had before when he met Richard/Robin. He thought that it wasn't suitable for Richard to fight crime every night at his age.

DRACULA: Don't you think you're a bit too young for this crusade? What about your parents?

ROBIN: They don't have to know any about this. Johnny didn't force me to do this. This is MY choice and mine alone, okay. I want to make sure that what happened to me and Johnny will never happen to anyone else. Batman will always need a Robin.

Robin sternly explained to the old vampire as they continued their journey to find Mavis and Johnny. Dracula was still having doubts of what Robin was doing but he removed those doubts from his mind for now.

When Dracula and Robin traced down the signal of the jamming device, they ended up on a highly secured rooftop filled with armed militia soldiers and equipped with sentry guns.

(militia 1): Man, this Gun is sweet! How did they get the cash for this?

(militia 2): Who cares? Just make sure the device is safe and secured and keep your eyes open for anyone who dares to come here.

(militia 3): Who do you think would come here, anyway? We got the Bat locked away.

(militia 1): What about the kid that he hangs out with? Do you think he'll be a problem?

(militia 3): Who? Robin? I'm not scared of that kid.

(militia 2): You better make sure of that. We also the Count's daughter locked up. We should watch for him as well.