Chapter 55: Argument

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

The Batcave....
Johnny and Richard wore their costumes except for their masks/cowls and working in front of the Batcomputer.

Despite he enjoyed the entire day with his family, a part of Johnny was feeling depressed about something that happened back at the old Arkham Asylum.

RICHARD: Johnny, you alright?

JOHNNY: (*sigh) I don't know how to answer that.

RICHARD: What do you mean?

JOHNNY: Back at the Asylum, I've encountered Van Helsing's top scientist, Dr. Crane. He was experimenting on this 'fear toxins' to the other militia soldiers.... and he used it on me.

RICHARD: Wait, he exposed you with his toxin!? What happened back there?

JOHNNY: It was messing up my mind. It felt so real even though it's not. I saw... Drac, Martha, Dennis, and Mavis dying on the floor..... I've seen the monster that I've become.... my worst fear of becoming evil and losing my family.... because of me.

RICHARD: Hey, Johnathan. Don't think something like that, alright. That's not going to happen.

JOHNNY: I hope so. Which is why I've prepared a contingency plan against myself, just in case.

Alfred overheard the conversation and suggested Johnny to take a rest for awhile.

ALFRED: You know, Johnathan. I suggest if you could just leave this behind for tonight and spend more time with your family back at the hotel. After all, you and Richard saved all the monsters who have been abducted.

JOHNNY: Van Helsing and the Arkham Knight are still out there, Alfred. I can't rest until I capture them.

Johnny ignored Alfred's advise and continued working on the Batcomputer. Alfred was too afraid for Johnny/Batman going back out there facing off against Van Helsing.

ALFRED: You know, I've made a promise of my own... to your parents.

JOHNNY: Alfred, not now.... please.

Johnny used the Batcomputer to listen through the police's communication broadcast secretly. Johnny, Richard, and Alfred could hear Gordon talking to a police officer through the radio.

GORDON: Any sign with the others?

POLICE OFFICER: Nothing, Commissioner. Everything has gone quiet when we got separated.

GORDON: Dammit! If those Militia bastards keeps abducting our other police officers, who knows what those bastards will do to them!

The police communication broadcast ended.

RICHARD: That doesn't sound good.

JOHNNY: It's the Arkham Knight. He's abducting police officers. We better get there fast.

Johnny and Richard wore their mask and cowl on as they prepared the Batmobile for their transportation.

When Batman/Johnny was walking towards to the Batmobile, Alfred was just right behind trying to stop furiously.

ALFRED: Johnny, stop! Johnny! JOHNATHAN, STOP!

Alfred grab Batman/Johnny by the shoulder and stepped right in front of him.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: What are you....

ALFRED: I am not in good conscious allow you to go! You're outmatched by these hunters!

BATMAN/ROBIN: I'm What!?

ALFRED: You're not some hardened vigilante! You're a young man with a trust fund and too much anger! You're in over your head and I don't want this to be your end.

Alfred's angry tone was soon replaced by a concerned one, begging Batman/Johnny to stop.

Batman/Johnny just walked passed by Alfred and stoped. Batman/Johnny wanted to say something he wanted to get out from his chest before they leave the cave.

The argument between the two was heating up fast.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Alfred, who do you see when you look at me? The boy whose shoes you used to tie every morning? The man who got married for the first time in front of the aisle? While you are here every night and I am out there.... the ONLY THING between the innocent and predatory!

ALFRED: You may be, but.....

BATMAN/JOHNNY: No! Not 'may be', I am! When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice, that is fear! That is what I am! That is why there are hunters out there, because I am the reason the criminals breathe easier when the sun rises! So no, Alfred! I am not in over my head!

Batman/Johnny shouted as walked away from Alfred.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Tonight will not be my end, BUT IT WILL BE THEIRS!

Alfred felt hurt from the fact the way Batman/Johnny expresses his anger out. Robin on the other hand got terrified seeing his mentor this angry ever since his encounter with Joe Chill.

Batman/Johnny and Robin entered the Batmobile and drove their way to the police precinct.

To be continued.....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.