Chapter 46: Fear

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Somewhere else....
In a small dark room, an unconscious militia soldier slowly woke up only to find himself tide up on a chair.

MILITIA SOLDIER: (*groan).... Wh... where am I? What's happening?

The militia soldier shook his head to remove the dizziness away and trying to figure out what room he is in.

Van Helsing's loyal and top professor, Dr. Crane, entered the dark room holding a briefcase.

DR. CRANE: Ah you're awake. Good. Now let's commence the experiment.

MILITIA SOLDIER: Dr. Crane? What's going on? Why am I strapped into this chair.

DR. CRANE: My dear boy, do you have any idea why Van Helsing brought you here to me?

MILITIA SOLDIER: I... I don't understand, doctor

DR. CRANE: (*chuckle) Let me recall the whole story. You were one of the strike team with Van Helsing and the Arkham Knight on the night where you were suppose to capture him and yet you failed to follow orders.

MILITIA SOLDIER: I told you that we had in our sights! We could've captured him if Batman didn't show up at the first place!

DR. CRANE: Of course you did.

Dr. Crane opened his briefcase and took a small spray canister.

MILITIA SOLDIER: Wait... what the hell is that?

DR. CRANE: My latest formula for a chemical I've been working on. Van Helsing allowed me to use the people who failed him as my.... shall we say, 'test subjects'.

MILITIA SOLDIER: No... please! Get that thing away from me!

DR. CRANE: A fear toxin for my little project 'Scarecrow'.

Dr. Crane sprayed a green mist on the militia soldier's face coughing from the unknown powerful compound.

The militia soldier went dizzy and his vision was so blurry and distorted and what he saw on Dr. Crane became a scarecrow-like monster.

The militia soldier screamed in horror as the Scarecrow/Dr. Crane closer to him.

 Crane closer to him

DR. CRANE: Tell me, soldier. What do you fear?

The militia soldier kept screaming louder and louder out of fear.

Scarecrow/Dr. Crane's voice also became distorted and demonic.

To be continued....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.