Chapter 97: Farewell

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

Both Johnny and Richard were at the Batcave putting all of their gadgets and equipments in a locker and turned off the Batcomputer. Johnny and Richard decided to talk about the Loughran's murder case.

RICHARD: So Van Helsing didn't hire Joe Chill to kill your parents?

JOHNNY: No, he didn't. When Drac and Mavis went inside my mind. Chill said that 'They told me you had it coming.' to my father before he killed them.

RICHARD: I don't see why it has to do with their deaths.

JOHNNY: He said 'they'. If it was Van Helsing, Joe Chill would've said 'he' not 'they'.

RICHARD: I guess you're dad must've made a lot of enemies. Any idea who to start?

JOHNNY: I guess we'll never know for sure.

Richard that he wanted to keep his Robin suit and his gadgets and would only use it for emergencies. Johnny agreed and slightly warmed Richard about the responsibility of keeping his suit.

Johnny stared at his Batsuit in the suit chamber for one las time. He'll never wear it again.

Johnny and Richard closed the lights of the Batcave and initiated the shutdown protocol

Back at the hotel....
Johnny went back to his and Mavis' hotel suite and helped her pack up some furnitures in boxes. They decided that it's time for them to start a new life in a new home.

Mavis was seating on the bed in her and Johnny's room packing up some pile clothes and small furnitures in moving boxes.

Dracula and Martha entered the room to check on Mavis. Dracula seemed sad about them moving out so he tried to form a fake smile.

MARTHA: Do you need help with the packing, honey.

MAVIS: It's okay, mom. It's just few pile clothes left to be packed in the box and some other furnitures. Johnny is already handling the heavy stuff.

MARTHA: I'm sorry, sweetie, but I just couldn't help myself. Here, let me help you.

MAVIS: Ok, thanks, mom. I really appreciate the assist.

Martha started helping Mavis pack up the furnitures in some boxes until Mavis noticed that something was bothering Dracula.

MAVIS: Dad, what's wrong? Is everything alright?

DRACULA: Of course, Mavy. Everything is fine.