Chapter 5 - Storm

Começar do início

I washed my face.

The next day I brought him breakfast and lunch and we didn't talk, he just thanked me for the meals.

In the evening I went down. I saw some very dark clouds in the sky. When I reached the cell, I heard it started to rain. Great, I will be soaking when I get back to my house.

I gave him his meal and I wanted to go back but then I saw lightning striking and Michonne running on the street yelling:

"Everyone, stay at home! It's going to be a huge storm!" she spotted me coming out of the basement and yelled at me too. "Go back down there, it's not going to be safe out here in a couple of minutes!" she said then ran into her house.

I throw up my arms irritated. I went back down.

"I hear a nice storm out there. You don't want to be wet?" asked Negan with that perverted smile again. Like a sixteen-year-old who thinks sexual things are funny. He already finished his meal, he came to the iron bars and leaned to it.

"No, thanks," I said. I sat down on the ground in front of the cell and leaned my back against the wall, closed my eyes. Several minutes passed like this.

"I just realized I don't even know your name," said Negan.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"Well, you know my name, but I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Negan," he stretched his arm between the iron bars. I got up and took his hand.

"I'm Quinn."

He smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you, Quinn." he shook my hand.

"You asked me after four years? Really?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I was busy."

"I witnessed it."

He was still holding my hand, I pulled it back.

I just realized I was smiling. I turned around went back to the wall and sat down as I was before.

He leaned his head to the bars.

"So, what now?" he asked.

"I'm trapped in here. Until the storm goes away."

"That might take several hours. Are you ready to spend several hours with me? Right after you let me know you don't want to be in here more than you must."

"I have no choice."

I closed my eyes again. Long minutes passed. I forced myself not to think about Daryl, but I couldn't stop this thought rushing into my mind: he is out there in the woods in this storm. I hope he built a shelter or something. I sighed unconsciously.

"He won't die in a storm. Trust me, he is tough." Negan said. I opened my eyes, he was sitting next to the iron bars, his back and head leaning against the wall.

"I wasn't..." I tried to deny it, but he saw right through me.

"Yes, you were."

"Whatever..." I closed my eyes again. "I don't have feelings for him anymore."

Negan didn't answer, but I also didn't want to chat about my love life with him again.

I didn't want to be there. He didn't say a word for a long time. I think I fell asleep, I saw Abraham and Glenn again, their heads bashed by Negan... he smashed with his bat and I heard a huge thunder, I jumped. I looked around, suddenly I was fully alert.