Chapter 73 - Calm after the storm

Negan, in the forest

Negan hurried after Daryl.

"Thank you, by the way," he said genuinely. Daryl glanced at him.

"Why did you come out?" he asked.

"You were right. I was good at walking with the horde and I should have done it. I came to help," said Negan. "I wanted to help you and Carol, so you can go back to Quinn and she would be happy..."

"You did this to make sure we get back to Quinn?" asked Daryl disbelievingly. Negan nodded. "You really love her, huh?" asked Daryl.

Negan nodded once again.

"I think she loves you," Negan said. Daryl jerked up his head.

"What the hell're ya talkin' 'bout?" he asked so fast Negan barely understood.

"I wanted to make sure you get back to her so she would be happy and safe," said Negan. Daryl stopped, Negan stopped too, they faced each other.

"There's nothing between me and Quinn," stated Daryl. "You're talkin' bullshit. She said I was like a brother to her."

"She was in love with you for several years, you think that just goes away?"

"Yes," stated Daryl, he didn't like Negan at all, but he had to say it: "She has feelings for you, so whatever she felt for me, that's gone."

There was a moment of silence.

"She was really worried about you and Carol," said Negan.

"She's always worried, but we always get back to her. You made her even more worried by coming out here, you know that, right?"

Negan couldn't believe what he heard. Daryl continued:

"She's so stubborn about you. She was asking and talking about you all the time. I'm sure she went nuts because you came out here."

Negan was still staring, disbelievingly.

"What? You're too quiet," said Daryl.

"I just..." Negan was still speechless. "I can't believe she..."

"She loves you," said Daryl growling in his low voice. It was all written on his face how much he hated to say it. "I have no idea why, but she does. And she doesn't have feelings for me. So calm the fuck down. Jeez..." said Daryl and continued his way back to the others. Negan followed him slowly. Daryl stopped once again and turned to Negan, his eyes piercing right through him.

"Just for the record... I only helped you, because of her," he stated. Negan nodded understandingly, standing Daryl's gaze. Once again, Daryl turned his back on him and continued his way.

When they got back to the others Daryl glanced around, searching for Carol.

"Carol not back yet?" he asked Luke.

"No, not yet."

....

I was walking behind Alden, Jesus, Aaron, Maggie, and her company, my heart pounding in my ears. We saw the others among the trees, we approached them. Aaron reunited with Gracie. People came up to Maggie to greet her. But I kept walking. I was looking for Negan, Carol, and Daryl. Finally, I spotted Negan between the shadows. I hurried towards him.

...

Negan saw Quinn, he took a step towards her, but then he stopped. He was sure she was going to Daryl, to greet him. So he stopped and waited for his turn.

I fell in love with the devil |The Walking Dead| NeganxOC |CarolxDarylजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें