Chapter 68 - Honest

Quinn & Negan, Alexandria ❤

The warm rays of the sun fell on me through the window. We woke up at the same time, I got out of bed.

"Where are you going so early?" asked Negan.

"We have to start packing. The horde is coming, remember?"

"Right," he said and turned around in bed, not getting up. I chuckled and left him to rest a little more. I went to the kitchen, drank water, ate a little, then I headed outside. I wanted to sit on the porch and sunbathe a little in the morning sun. As soon as I stepped out, I saw Carol on the neighbor's porch. Michonne's house was right next to mine. She glanced at me, she heard the door when I came out.

"Hey," I said, she nodded, I headed towards her. She was smoking a cigarette casually. It was a bad sign. She was only smoking when she felt down. I sat next to her on the porch, she turned towards me.

"Well?" she asked, with a twinkle in her eye. I smiled.

"We didn't do anything," I said quietly. She frowned her eyebrows.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked.

"We were both tired and I don't know... it's just not time for it yet. I don't even know what's going on between us. We haven't seen each other for years."

"You're saying you stopped loving him?"

"Of course not. I still love him, it's just... it's like we have to start all over again. Step by step. I don't even have enough bravery to kiss him. I'm always waiting for him to do it."

"You're an idiot," said Carol, while exhaling smoke.

"You are not one to talk to me, how many years it's been you and Daryl are beating around the bush? You could have been together for so long and you didn't care you almost died several times, you're still not going for it."

"Okay... okay..." she said, backing off. "You're right. Maybe it indicates it's serious."

"It's serious from my side. I don't know what he is feeling or thinking. He thought I was dead and probably mourned me... maybe he stopped loving me."

"Well, we'll see sooner or later."

"I'm really happy that I could meet him again and I'm proud of him, for killing Alpha. I told you, he was a good man."

"I only let him out, because you said that," she said, taking a sip of her cigarette.

"I said it when we were drunk, I didn't think you remembered."

"I did. Also, Judith's behavior convinced me. I was just hoping you two were right about him."

"Seems like we were. I'm still in love with him, I'm just waiting for him, you know... to process that I'm alive."

Carol nodded understandingly.

"Daryl's still sleeping?" I asked to change the topic.

"Yeah," she chuckled. "But before that, we got into a fight again, last night," she said, then exhaled sharply.

"Why? What did you talk about?" I asked, frowning my eyebrows.

"Nothing, basically. I asked him if he really doesn't hate me, then why won't he talk to me and he said he doesn't have anything to say. Just like that."