Chapter 133 - Invitation

Negan, Commonwealth

[Negan's point of view]

November 20, Sunday

(1 week later) (10 weeks pregnant)

The sun was shining brightly even though it was the middle of November. I talked it all through with Quinn and we decided it was better to get married as soon as possible. Who knows how long we are staying in the Commonwealth. We wanted to get over with it. Make it official. I was waiting in front of the church. Waiting for Gabriel to finish the service. I didn't dare to go inside. I wasn't supposed to be anywhere near a church, given what I have done. We weren't going to marry in the church either, but we wanted to make it official. So here I am, waiting for Gabriel to ask him to wed us.

While I was lost in thoughts the door opened and people headed home. I turned away a little and tried to stay invisible. When no one came out for a couple of minutes I stepped to the door and looked inside. Gabriel was still rummaging about his stuff so I took a deep breath, let out a sigh, and stepped inside. I looked around a little bit. I didn't use to go to church even before the apocalypse. Not to mention after. I didn't even know if I believed in God at all. Gabriel turned around and noticed me, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Came to confess?" he asked mocking me.

"I think I'm already past that," I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess so. But one can never be sure," he said gently. I scoffed. His welcoming tone almost made me feel like really making a confession, but the list was way too long.

"You don't have that much time," I said playfully, but it was true. Gabriel smiled.

"Why are you here, Negan?" he asked. I let out another sigh and started a little bit embarrassed.

"Quinn and I would like to get married..."

"Wow, congratulations!" he said looking a little bit surprised.

"Yeah... the problem is they already think we are married. We lied when we came here. So... no one should know about it. And we don't want to do it here. Maybe in the forest."

"I understand," Gabriel said seriously. "And, of course, I'm happy to help," he added with a slight smile.

"Thank you, Gabe. I'm really grateful," I said honestly.

"No problem. So, when and where? And who will be there, besides you two?"

...

[Quinn's point of view]

I couldn't wait for Negan to come back home. He went to the church to make an appointment with Gabriel. I hope he says yes. In the meantime, I was thinking about how should I tell all this to Daryl. While I was lost in thoughts suddenly the door opened and Negan stepped inside.

"Hey," he said. He was in a good mood.

"Hi! So? What did he say?" I asked as I stood up.

"We are getting married next Saturday!" said Negan with a wide smile. I chuckled and hugged him tightly.

"Yes! I'm going to be Mrs Smith officially!" I said happily.

"Hell yeah you are," he said still smiling handsomely. I pecked his lips and as we backed away he left his hands on my waist. "I still can't believe it," he said.

"Me neither," I agreed. "I will go and get some things for the wedding with Carol," I said thinking.

"Alright. Just make sure you won't go anywhere alone," he said protectively.