Chapter 115 - Fallen Devil

Quinn, Alexandria

"Alright, there's nothing to see here! Keep walking, please," said Jesus raising his voice slightly, addressing the bystanders. They were whispering to each other, but eventually, they walked away. Maggie stopped and watched me running towards Negan with Daryl hurrying behind me.

"Negan!" I yelled as my tears were pouring instantly. As soon as we heard the yelling with Daryl, we came running towards the noises and I saw Maggie beating up Negan, while he didn't do anything to defend himself. How could he do this? I ran up to him and fell on my knees next to him. His face was covered in blood. "Negan?" I asked crying, my hands were shaking.

"It's okay," he said quietly, his voice hoarse.

"Shit," said Daryl when he took a look at Negan.

Maggie was watching me for a couple of minutes. Maybe she saw herself in me. In my reaction. She started crying again and left with her friends hugging her.

"Negan..." that's all I could whimper.

"Did she break something?" asked Carol as she kneeled next to Negan on the other side.

"If she did, then probably my ribs," Negan said painfully. Finally, Gabriel arrived at the scene too and Jesus told him quickly what happened.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"I'll get a stretcher!" volunteered Jesus and hurried away. Gabriel kneeled next to Negan as well.

"Did you..." Negan tried to talk. "Did you see it?" he asked me. I nodded yes. "Shit... sorry," he said.

"You idiot... why did you do this?? Why??" I asked crying, then I put my forehead gently against his.

"Sorry... I just wanted to get it off my chest," he said barely audible. Carol, Daryl, and Gabriel examined Negan's injuries as much as they could. Jesus arrived back with a stretcher under his arm. He placed it on the ground next to Negan, then he and Daryl lifted Negan on it, then they carried him to our house.

"So much for avoiding Maggie," said Carol grumpily, staring at Negan.

"Sorry... I had to tell her," Negan said quietly. Carol rolled her eyes and exhaled sharply, then she stepped next to me. "It's okay, honey. He'll get better," she said. "I'm sorry I didn't stop him, but I didn't know what he was going to do. He said he goes for a walk and I told him he shouldn't."

"It's okay, it's not your fault," I said then I sniffed, wiping my tears.

"He'll get better," she repeated embracing me with one arm, to comfort me. We went inside and I closed the front door behind us. Daryl and Jesus placed Negan on the dining table. Gabriel and Carol started looking at his injuries.

"Let me see your side," said Gabriel. Carol grabbed scissors and handed them to Gabriel. He cut Negan's shirt and pulled it off. I was watching, holding my breath. Carol and Jesus stepped closer to him. Negan's right side had bruises all over. Gabriel touched his side and traced his ribs along with his fingers. Negan groaned painfully.

"I don't feel any irregularity," said Gabriel. "They are not broken."

Jesus stepped next to him and traced Negan's ribs along too while he was groaning again.

"They might have cracked a little bit, but definitely not broken," Jesus stated. I let out a relieved sigh. My tears still falling. Daryl stepped next to him and checked his side too, but only with his eyes. Then he gently turned him over slightly, to glance at his back, while Carol got a bowl and towel quickly. She was already way too familiar with where she could find them. She stepped to Negan and wiped the blood off of his face. I sniffed, wiped my tears quickly, and reached my hand to Carol.