Chapter 118 - Decision

Author's notes: Hi there! I will be quite busy tomorrow and this whole weekend, so here goes this week's chapter, I hope you don't mind a day earlier. 😊 Thank You for being here! ❤

...

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

We were sitting on the couch with Negan, thinking about all the things that Hornsby guy said about the Commonwealth. We didn't say a word since we got back home. I broke the silence.

"So what do you think? You want to move to the Commonwealth?" I asked.

"I mean... I told you, no Maggie, no walkers, walls, and safety. What else do we need?" Negan repeated what he previously said.

"I agree, but... if we don't consider Maggie at all... Would you still go? You didn't find that guy suspicious and all of this too good to be true?"

I was examining Negan's reaction, he was thinking.

"If I don't consider Maggie at all... I think I would still go. It's a fresh start. No one knows me at the Commonwealth."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. "What if someone from your people ended up there?"

"I don't think so," he said, but I could tell he wasn't sure.

"What if there's someone who recognizes you? Did you ever come across this community?"

"No. I never heard of it. But look... if someone recognizes me, we just move back to Alexandria. Or to the house we were talking about. We have options."

I nodded in agreement.

"I guess we have."

"We should at least check it out," he insisted.

"I think we should get more information," I suggested. "But first, I want to hear what Carol thinks," I stated and gathered myself up. He followed me. We walked to Carol's house and knocked on the door. Daryl opened it for us.

"Oh, great. Come in," he said and let us in. He seemed to be in a good mood. All the kids were sitting in the living room, there was a family discussion going on.

"Sorry for interrupting," I mumbled embarrassed.

"It's okay, we already discussed it," said Daryl.

"Did we?" asked Carol mocking Daryl. They locked eyes for a second, then Carol smiled and turned towards the children. "Alright, kids, could you let us talk in private, please?" asked Carol raising her voice a bit as the kids were talking loudly.

"You don't mean us among the kids, right?" asked Henry offended referring to himself and Lydia.

"You're still a kid," Carol stated. "But Quinn and Negan's business doesn't concern you, so please," she waved her hands towards the stairs. All the kids got offended, but still, they walked upstairs.

"Thank you!" I said to their backs unsurely. Carol and Daryl stayed with us, staring at me questioningly.

"So?" asked Carol.

"I don't know. We came to ask your opinion," I admitted.

"Oh, that's very nice of you," said Carol as she sat down on the couch looking flattered. Daryl was standing next to her, his hands in his pockets.

"You probably figured out we should go with them. We were already about to leave because of Maggie, so this sounds like a good opportunity..." I was saying, but Carol interrupted me.