Chapter 111 - You keep my heart warm

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

We finished our breakfast in silence. Both of us were deep in thoughts. I have no idea what Negan was thinking about, but I was thinking how embarrassed I was about last night again. He seemed like he was over the whole thing, but... I still felt a little pain in my heart. I was still in question. He did tell me last night how he loves me... but was it the truth? He never lied to me, why would he do it now? I was always doubting everything that seemed too good to be true. Even though I knew it was true, I was still doubting myself.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" he asked suddenly, distracting me.

"I'm sorry about last night... We shouldn't have... until we talked everything through," I said turning my eyes away embarrassed.

"Whoa, hey... first of all, there's nothing you should be apologizing for. And second, I thought we talked about everything. Is there something else?" he asked frowning his eyebrows questioningly. I stood up and put the plates in the washer. I let out a small sigh, then I turned around and looked Negan in the eye.

"Unlike you, I can't grow balls, so... it's hard to talk about this," I started. He stood up and took a step closer to me. Even though I was trying to joke he looked pretty serious, maybe a little bit worried.

"Are you in love with Dixon?" he asked suddenly.

"What?! No! How the hell... Negan... I didn't want to talk about him at all," I said taken aback. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay... then what?" he asked still frowning his eyebrows.

"All this... since I talked to you in the forest... I felt so disappointed and... heartbroken," I said as I was avoiding eye contact, embarrassed. "I thought you don't feel the same way as I do and I convinced myself about this..."

"Quinn... look at me," he said as he came towards me. I did as he said. He continued while keeping eye contact as he walked to me: "I have no idea how to prove it to you... but what I feel is real. The most real thing in this crazy apocalypse world. I'm not a poet to be able to put it into words... I can't paint it, I can't sing it, hell I can't do anything to show it to you... but I can make you sure, that it is real. And I'm so... so... so sorry for making you feel this way. I never intended to. I was scared of how important you are, but I'm not scared anymore. Because we can beat this shithole world together and we can still be happy, doesn't matter that the dead are eating the living, doesn't matter what I did, doesn't matter what Maggie thinks... Nothing matters. Only you matter. And that we can be together. Wish I could show you or tell you how important you are but... sometimes even I get embarrassed and shy you know..." he said as he turned his eyes away at the end, while his face went slightly red. It felt like my heart pounded a heavy one after each and every word he said. He was the most adorable thing in the world with his red cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to force it out of you or make you uncomfortable..." I said, but he caressed my cheek and I stopped.

"You didn't force me. This wanted to come out for a while. Wish I could tell you more, but I'm not good at this," he said, chuckling embarrassed.

"You don't have to say anything, Negan. Just stay with me," I said as I gently took his hand. He looked me in the eye once again as he replied.

"I won't go anywhere without you," he stated. I slipped my hands on his waist and hugged him, while I placed my ear on his chest. I loved listening to his heartbeat and there was a race right now. He hugged me back, it felt so good. I felt warm and cozy and loved again. Maybe he was really telling the truth. I buried my face in his chest and he leaned his head over my head.