Chapter 149 (short) - Cozy

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

Carla finally fell asleep. I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Negan did too.

"Do you think it's finally over?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" asked Negan.

"The running. The fighting. Just how many groups could still be out there?"

"No idea... but I hope this lasts."

"Yeah..."

I let out a sigh and turned to face him. He looked at me, only turning his face. I could see him this time as the full moon was shining through the window.

"Have you ever thought you would end up here?" I asked.

"No... never. I thought I was gonna die in that cell. Or either Maggie or Dixon kills me eventually. Or I would be used as bait because I was expendable. I had no idea."

The silence felt like a warm blanket this time but Negan continued.

"And I can thank you and Judith for that. For seeing who I was and for believing in me. Making me strong enough to face myself."

"I have nothing to do with that... it was all you."

"No... you have everything to do with it."

I kissed him. Should I tell him now?

After the kiss, I rested my head on his shoulder and he embraced me. I buried my face in his neck.

"If we were to have another kid... what would be his name?" I asked, trying to sound as neutral as I could.

"What?" asked Negan confused. "Are you...??" he asked as he sat up a little bit and stared at me. I should have known he will figure it out if I ask about a name...

"Maybe..."

"Maybe or a hundred percent sure?" he asked holding his breath.

"I am pregnant, Negan," I smiled at him.

He buried his face in his hands and then attacked me with hugs and kisses everywhere, making me chuckle.

"Negan!" I said as I was getting ticklish.

"We are having another baby?" he asked smiling widely.

"Yes, we are..." I said. He kissed me again. After he calmed down we were lying in bed facing each other again.

"I would have never thought I would end up here..." he answered my question again.

"Negan... you deserve all of this. No one should live with those feelings you had. That's the past. You made mistakes, but not anymore. Everything's gonna be alright," I said.

"Everything's gonna be alright," he repeated. I scooped closer and I pressed my forehead gently against his. He slipped his warm hand on my belly.

I never thought I would end up here either.

...

Author's notes: Listen to "Kiss from a Rose" by Violet Orlandi and Dan Vasc cover (original by Seal). ❤

Thank You for reading! ❤