Chapter 67 - This Moment Should Last

Quinn & Negan, Alexandria ❤

As I was sitting by the window, I heard the couch squeak. I went downstairs. Negan was sitting, his back towards me.

"So you're awake too," I said. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Yeah... Did we sleep through the whole day?" he asked, glancing through the window.

"Yes. You can take a shower upstairs if you want and I'll make something to eat."

"Sounds good," he said.

"In the bedroom, there's a closet, you can find some men's clothes there."

He frowned his eyebrows.

"Did someone live here with you?"

"No. They were already here when I moved in. I was too lazy to throw them out."

He nodded, then took off his leather jacket and threw it on the couch.

I headed to the kitchen, to make sandwiches and he headed upstairs. I heard the opening and closing of the closet door, then I heard the shower's noise. I sat down at the table, waiting for him to come down. I started to eat because I was too hungry to wait.

I heard the shower stop and he was coming downstairs. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a white tank top. His hair was still wet and messy. I almost choked on my food, he looked so good.

"Ah, feels so good to be fresh," he said. "I was smelling terrible. I didn't have a shower in ages."

"Yeah, I was smelling terrible, too," I said, still embarrassed that I hugged him smelling like that. I wasn't able to look at him, I was embarrassed because he looked so handsome.

"I didn't even smell you, because of my own stink. I'm disgusting," he said frowning his eyebrows as he sat down at the table in front of me. I pushed the sandwiches slowly to him.

"Let's just enjoy this granny soap smell, while we can, because we're going to smell bad again as soon as we had out," I said, smiling. I glanced at him.

"You have a point," he said and took a bite from the sandwich. He chewed slowly, savoring the taste.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just... I've been eating earthworms," he said and took another bite.

"Ew," I said. He chuckled.

"Yeah," he nodded. I felt so awkward. I didn't know what to do or say to him, so I stared at the ground.

"You didn't get to tell me what happened after Carol nursed you back to health," he pointed out.

"Oh... uhm... Carol started to arrange the fair at the Kingdom, she invited all the communities," he was listening, while eating. "Then we went to Hilltop because Henry wanted to learn there. Then the whisperers came. Eugene went missing, so we went out to get him. Then there was the fair... Then I came back to Alexandria. And I was watching out for Henry, to protect him from Alpha. Sorry, I'm a terrible storyteller. What about you?"

By the time I ended, he finished his meal.

"Well... I got out once and I had no idea you were alive, so I headed to the Sanctuary. Checked what became of it. Felt so strange to go back. It was kind of... letting go of the past. Most of the time I was at the cell, talking to Judith through the window."

I nodded understandingly.

"When I heard Eugene made a radio connection between the communities, I wanted them to let us talk, but of course, it was forbidden. They didn't want you to learn that I'm alive. I didn't know at the time, that they lied to you about me."