Chapter 128 - The bad boy

Quinn and Negan, Commonwealth

The next morning, I felt so depressed. I had some adventures when I was in danger but I never felt like this before. Why was I so scared for my life? And I had these strange thoughts all the time. Like my thoughts weren't mine... again. What was wrong with me??

I got out of bed and took a deep breath then let out a sigh.

"Everything okay?" Negan asked sleepily. I jumped as he started talking, he scared the shit out of me. He frowned his eyebrows concerned. "Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."

I let out a sigh as I walked to the window then I turned around to face him. He was still in bed.

"I don't know if I'm okay" I admitted. There were a couple of moments of silence. I headed to the kitchen without saying anything else. Soon enough he followed me.

"Talk to me," said Negan gently as he stopped at the kitchen door. "Is this about last night?"

I was drinking coffee, I gulped and put the mug down. I looked him in the eyes.

"Not just that. I heard something," Was it the right time? It wouldn't leave my thoughts alone. "I heard something about you and a blonde teacher." His face changed from concerned to very serious and his body became stiff. "So it's true," I concluded looking at his body language.

"Nothing happened," he stated slowly.

"Maxine Mercer saw you at the school," I said.

"She couldn't have seen anything because nothing happened," Negan stated innocently but he seemed to be nervous. He took a deep breath and started talking.

...

October 27, Thursday (4 days ago)

[Negan's point of view]

"Alright kids, let's hurry things up," I said raising my voice a bit, making the kids run faster around the gym. Judith was running among them. When she was about to pass me she slowed down and stopped.

"Negan, how long should we do this?" she asked in a tired voice, out of breath.

"Here you call me Mr. Smith and you do this till I say you can stop," I said teasing her playfully. Judith rolled her eyes.

"I won't call you Mr. Smith."

"Why is that Miss Grimes?" I asked smiling, entertained.

"We are way over this," she stated and continued jogging while I was chuckling at her answer. As I glanced around the gym I noticed the geography teacher standing across the gym, staring at me. I didn't like it at all. I knew what that stare meant. I mean, she looked okay and in another world probably I would use the opportunity, but not now. Not in this world. Not in this lifetime. Not anymore.

When I finished class all the kids disappeared quickly. Just like back in the normal world. Kids didn't like school in any world. I quickly snapped out of nostalgia when that woman approached me. I didn't want her to come anywhere near me with that stare.

"Didn't you finish early today?" I asked avoiding looking at her.

"Yeah, but... maybe I had some business here," she said meaningfully. I scoffed irritated. She couldn't be any more obvious.

"What do you want, Claire?" I asked now looking her in the eyes. She smiled at me and her eyes were just burning. I didn't want this at all.