Chapter 130 - Announcement

Author's notes: Okay... Alright... I'm not a heartless creature. But! Since I'm posting this now, next Thursday's chapter will be much shorter, like half of the usual chapters, because of lack of time. I always have 4-5 chapters written in advance, but I need the time to revisit and edit them, to make them perfect. So even though I have some chapters, next Thursday's one will be short. So enjoy this and read it slowly, taking it all in, treasuring it. :D

...

November 12, Saturday (9 weeks pregnant)

This one time I was glad we were living in this hamster wheel. I could avoid Negan this way and I managed to keep the news to myself. It was hard but I made it to this day. Last night he was tired so he fell asleep quickly while I was staring at the ceiling, caressing my belly under the blanket, smiling to myself.

This morning came and I was sitting in the kitchen, having breakfast with him.

"Feels strange to prepare for a date while both of us are here," I said to my scrambled eggs, thinking out loud, not looking at Negan.

"I can go ahead, so we won't see each other till we meet at the restaurant," he offered.

"Alright. Sounds good," I smiled at him and our eyes finally met, but I quickly looked away. I had no idea how I was going to spend this day. I just couldn't wait till I get to tell him.

As we finished breakfast I washed the dishes and tried to keep myself occupied with bullshit. I had no idea what to do. I just couldn't wait for tonight. I cleaned the kitchen to distract myself. Negan was reading the newspaper.

...

When the time finally came, Negan disappeared in the bathroom and asked me to stay in the bedroom. When he got ready he said goodbye through the closed door.

"See you at the restaurant then," he said and left. I let out a sigh. My heart wanted to jump out of my chest. I left the bedroom and got ready for the date. I took a quick shower and got dressed. It was almost the middle of November so I got an elegant little coat that went with my gown. This way my back wouldn't be exposed. I put makeup on and did my hair.

I was still a little bit cold as I walked to the restaurant, though my hands were shaking because I was nervous. He was waiting for me at the door. I approached him. He smiled. I felt embarrassed.

"Wow. You look gorgeous," he said. He took my hand and kissed it gently. I couldn't decide whether to faint or nervous giggle. So I just smiled at him. "Shall we?" he asked. I nodded. He opened the door for me and let me go ahead. We were seated and then for a couple of seconds, he was just staring at me. He looked so good. He looked good in everything and without anything, in every possible way, but right now, in that moment... He was so elegant and he was staring at me so seductively that I really wanted to faint.

"Negan, stop it," I said embarrassed. "I want to hide."

He chuckled and stopped staring.

"Yeah, actually, I feel the same way. I want to hide," he repeated my words with that gentle smile. And now he did look a bit nervous too. Did he know what I wanted to say? Did he have a feeling? Or Carol told him?

We ordered, and then we were lost for words for a few minutes.

"You look so handsome I can't even talk," I admitted finally. He chuckled.

"Good to know," he smiled at me.

It was really like two teenagers on their first date, not two grown-ups.