I fell in love with the devil - intro

Her eyes pierced right through me.

"You can't be serious. I hope you are joking."

My face turned red.

"I'm sorry... I..."

"No, you can't be serious!" Carol yelled at me. "You know what he did, you know who he is!"

I didn't say a word. I know. I know what he did. I know she is right.

She shakes her head, she can't believe it. I can't believe it either.

"Have you told anybody else?" she asks in a bit calmer way.

"No."

"Good. Maggie would definitely kill you on the spot and probably others too." she is shaking her head again. "Just... what is wrong with you??"

"I'm asking myself the same question."

"But I thought...„ she continues in a whisper. "I thought you were in love with Daryl."

"Well... I don't know either what the hell. Can someone love two guys at the same time?"

Carol just stares at me.

"I just can't believe it. And I don't want to deal with your love life right now. We have more important things to do."

"I know that it's the apocalypse and we have to survive, but others are making love too, why can't I?"

"Because you always fell in love with the wrong guy!"

I don't answer for a moment, but then I say it.

"Daryl is not interested, because he loves you. I know that."

Carol laughs.

"Daryl is not interested in ANYBODY. He is just not the romantic type."

"See? You get him, you understand him, you are a perfect match for him. That's why I won't have a chance ever."

Carol sighs, stares at me for a long minute.
"But why him? Okay, you gave up on Daryl, but why HIM? I just don't get it..."

"Me neither... I'm just feeling this. Maybe I'm attracted to bad guys."

"But he is not just a bad guy! For fuck's sake... Okay let's leave it here, shall we? I don't want to hear anymore."

"Everything alright?" suddenly Daryl shows up in front of us. My face goes red again. I hate that I can't control this. Carol looks at me, then turns to Daryl.

"Everything's fine." then she leaves. Daryl follows her, as always. Alright. I was in love with Daryl for so long, but he will never notice me because he only sees Carol. Fortunately, Carol is a good friend of mine. Actually, my only friend.

I just have to digest the fact that I told Carol, which made it real.

I fell in love with the devil.

I fell in love with Negan.

...

Author's notes: Listen to "I fell in love with the devil" by Avril Lavigne. Just to set the mood. :D

Song list for this entire fanfiction on Youtube: 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5Esm-esr5D0pPTSAYyQtRKq1BJ1hnfz