Chapter 41 - The Fair

Jesus, Kingdom

Jesus was attending the fair as he told Quinn, but he wasn't there as a guest. He had a bad feeling. He was hiding in the shadows, lurking around the Kingdom. He was determined to look out for danger, for the signs of the skins, but for hours, he couldn't see anything. Eventually, he entered the fair, to grab some food and greet some people. He glanced at Lydia from a distance. As soon as he finished his meal, he left the Kingdom and went back to his lookout post. He found a tall tree that he climbed upon and sat there for hours. He did that for two days already and nothing happened.

Maybe I'm just overreacting... but there's no way the skins wouldn't be interested in the fair. - He thought and took another look around. - Maybe I should just go down there and enjoy the fair.

He looked around once more, then climbed down. As soon as he entered the fair, he ran into Michonne and Judith.

"Jesus, I haven't seen you for a while," said Michonne smiling.

"Yeah, I'm just... It's good to see you."

"Wow, he really looks like Jesus in the pictures," said Judith, taken aback. Michonne and Jesus giggled.

"Yeah, that's why I got the nickname," said Jesus smiling, to the little girl, then he turned to Michonne. "Is Aaron here, too?"

"I don't think so, I'm not sure. I came with Daryl and Henry. I haven't seen him," she said. Jesus nodded.

"Okay, never mind," he smiled, but he was disappointed. He was hoping for a chance to meet Aaron again.

"Are you coming to see the movie?" asked Judith with an adorable, excited expression on her face.

"No, I'd love to, but I have to go elsewhere," said Jesus smiling at the little girl.

"Where?" asked Michonne, frowning her eyebrows.

"I'm looking for Tara," said Jesus, he didn't want to admit that he was overly cautious, since he almost died in the cemetery.

"I haven't seen her," said Michonne, glancing around.

"Have you seen anybody?" laughed Jesus.

"Well, yeah, everyone else," answered Michonne, laughing too. "I know exactly where Ezekiel is, or Carol and Daryl and I saw Eugene too, and Jerry, want me to continue?"

They both laughed.

"No, thank you. If you happen to see Tara, tell her, I'm looking for her," he said and waved goodbye to them.

"Will do," smiled Michonne. She was in a good mood. Jesus turned around and continued his walk. He wasn't looking for Tara, but he had to make an excuse. Since Aaron wasn't there, he headed back to his tree. He climbed up once again and watched the fair from a distance. He saw Michonne leaving Judith with Nabila and heading to the gates. He saw Daryl, Carol, and Ezekiel were gathering there too. He found it curious, but he thought anything they're up to, they are perfectly capable of managing without him. He didn't like either why they are leaving the fair with such a few fighters. They left and the gates closed once more. Not long after that, Jesus' eyes found Henry and Lydia. Henry was leaving Lydia alone, which Jesus didn't like at all. Where's he going? he thought, frowning his eyebrows. Maybe he was overreacting, maybe Henry was just going to the bathroom or something, but then, he saw Lydia enter the movie theatre, without Henry and she was searching for Henry with her eyes as well.

Jesus found that too suspicious, if Henry was going to the bathroom, he would be back already. Jesus climbed down and headed to the building, where he last saw Henry. He didn't like the thought of Lydia wandering around alone. Maybe Henry trusted her, but Jesus didn't. He wanted to find Henry to talk to him about this. He walked to the building, no one noticed him.