Chapter 79 - Daryl!

Author's notes: Please, READ THIS! So as I was watching season 11 of the show (NO SPOILERS) I realized, that I have a different idea of Negan's story in my head, so I would like to put this warning here, that from some point on I will not follow Negan's story on the show's final season! Something will be changed! I would really love You if You stayed till the end, but if You don't like the change, then I'm sorry. ❤

...

Quinn, Alexandria

Carol, Jesus, and I were working by the wall. Jesus told us what happened with Aaron and Gabriel the last time they went out. My good mood vanished. At the end of the day, Carol straightened her back, put her hands on her hips, and checked out the wall.

"I think we did good today," she said, pleased with our work. Jesus and I looked at the wall too, we were nodding in agreement.

"Yeah," said Jesus. "It was a pleasure to work with you today, ladies."

"You're going somewhere?" asked Carol, frowning her eyebrows, while she started arranging tools in the kit.

"Yeah, I'm going out with Aaron tomorrow, to scavenge. After what happened with Gabriel last time, I don't want to leave his side."

I softly touched Jesus's arm.

"Be careful out there," I said concerned.

"Always," he said and patted my hand to reassure me. I took my hand away, he nodded goodbye, and left. It was scary to think about the trouble Aaron and Gabriel got into last time they went out. I hope Jesus won't get into any dangerous situation. As I turned back to face Carol, I saw Daryl arriving, with two dead squirrels hanging over his shoulder. He was heading to his house, greeted me with a nod, but didn't stop. I waved at him. He glanced at Carol as she was arranging tools with her back towards him.

"Daryl's back," I said. Carol shrugged her shoulder, didn't look up.

"Okay," that's all she said. I rolled my eyes. When are they going to get on the same page?

"I'm going home too," I said.

"Have fun," she said as she glanced at me with an impish smile.

"Carol..." I said scoldingly, smiling back at her, then I headed to my house. I glanced in Negan's direction, he was taking off his working gloves. I stopped to wait for him. He caught up with me, with a slight smile on his face.

"Everything good?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Maggie didn't like it, we were in a good mood today," he said as we walked home together.

"That's her problem. I'm not going to be depressed to make her feel better."

"Oh? That's nice to hear. I was afraid you're gonna be all gloomy because of her."

"I was thinking the same about you," I said as I smiled at him.

"Well, that's settled then. No sad faces," he smiled. I got the key out of my pocket and opened the door. I had some eggs and a little bread left, so I decided to make scrambled eggs. I washed my hands and headed to the garden, to set up a little fire.

"Still no electricity?" asked Negan as I was crouching by the fire.

"Carol set it back up, but I don't want to use it when there are alternatives."

"Okay. Can I help with something?"

"No, it's almost ready," I said as I stirred the eggs. Then I took the pan and we went back inside and sat at the kitchen table. I lit a couple of candles to see, it was already semi-dark. We ate in silence.