Chapter 62 - Alliance

Quinn, Alexandria

The next morning Daryl woke up with the first rays of the sun. I woke up too as I sensed his movements.

"Daryl?" I asked sleepily.

"I have to go," he said quietly.

"I know," I said as I slowly got up. "I'll make a sandwich quickly, so you can take it with you."

He nodded. I hurried to the kitchen. Daryl followed me. He adjusted his clothes, arranged his knives, and put his crossbow over his shoulder. I gave him the sandwich.

"Thanks," he murmured and glanced at me. "I'm really sorry, about everything. I hope you can forgive me."

"I almost already did. Almost. It felt good to slap your face. That helped," I glanced at him with an impish smile. He chuckled slightly.

"Alright. I hope you won't do that again," he said then he nodded goodbye.

"Be careful," I said. He stepped through the front door. As soon as he left, I locked the door and went back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Henry.

...

Daryl, Hilltop

Two days later

After Daryl got into a fight with Alpha and almost bled out, he was saved and revived by Lydia in the forest. When he got better, they headed to Hilltop, to see the doctor. They rolled in through the gates. When they got off the motorcycle Daryl turned to Lydia.

"You should call Henry. He's really depressed you left," he growled. Lydia nodded.

"I miss him, but I had to go," she said gloomily. Daryl took her to the radio.

"Alexandria? Alexandria, do you copy?" Daryl asked. Gabriel answered. "Can you bring Henry to the radio?" asked Daryl.

"Sure, hang on a second," said Gabriel and he left.

...

Quinn, Alexandria

I was about to head to my own house, I started to clean it the other day, maybe I can move back. Henry agreed to help me clean it out, as he had nothing else to do anyway. As I locked Michonne's house's front door Gabriel approached us.

"Quinn! Daryl called and asked for Henry!" he said, from across the street.

"Oh. We're coming," I said as I glanced at Henry. "Maybe your mom is with him."

"Yeah," said Henry and we hurried to the radio. I sat in front of it and pushed the button.

"This is Quinn. Daryl?"

"Someone wants to talk to Henry," growled Daryl.

"Henry? Are you there?" asked Lydia. Henry's face lightened up immediately.

"Lydia! Hi! Are you okay? How are you?" he asked. I smiled and I slowly headed out of the room, to leave the two of them alone. I was sure Daryl did the same thing over there at Hilltop. At least I know that Daryl's alive too.

I sat down on the corridor's floor, waiting for Henry, but he came sooner than I expected him.

"We have to go to Hilltop. Now," he said very seriously.

"What's wrong?" I frowned my eyebrows.

"They didn't want to let people know here, but Lydia told me, that her mom is leading the horde to Hilltop. We have to go, help them. I'm not asking. I am going, with or without you," said Henry almost aggressively. I was taken aback by his words, I sprang to my feet, I looked him in the eye for a long minute. He was right. And I couldn't stop him, I knew that.

"I'm coming with you. I'm not leaving you alone," I said seriously. We hurried back to Michonne's house to get Henry's armor and stick. I had my knife, which was Carol's, but she gave it to me and I forgot to give it back. I put it on my belt and we hurried to get a horse.

Henry mounted it, then helped me climb up, behind him.

"Where are you going?" Gabriel was coming towards us.

"Carol's at Hilltop and wants Henry there," I said, without thinking. "Ezekiel's there too, the kid should be with his parents."

Henry stared at me. Gabriel nodded.

"Alright... I'm not happy that just the two of you go out, because of the whisperers, but if Carol and Ezekiel asked for Henry, then maybe it's important... Be careful out there," he said and opened the gates for us. Henry set out immediately. As we were riding away from Alexandria he glanced at me above his shoulder.

"Thank you. For saying that to Gabriel. I had no idea what to say to him."

"No problem. I learned it from your mom," I said, smiling. Carol was a professional at acting and crying in situations when it was needed. I tried to do it too, but I wasn't as good as her.

"By the way, mom's at Hilltop too and she's okay. Thought you wanted to know," he said.

"Alright," I let out a sigh quietly.

We were going to Hilltop at full speed as a horse could gallop.

...

Author's notes: Listen to "In your eyes" by Robin Schulz ft. Alida.

Feel free to take the lyrics literally. :)

Thank You for reading! ❤

(Sorry, it's just a tiny scene to keep events going and because the chapter was way too long. So the next chapter will be longer. Stay with me, just a little longer. ;) )