Chapter 38 - Left alone

Author's notes: Listen to "Breaking out" by Smash Into Pieces, before you read. Thank You for being here! ❤

...

Negan, Alexandria

Negan was sitting on his bed, reading. The only book Gabriel gave him, which wasn't the Bible, thank god, but it was still some holy shit. He already read it three times, but only because he had nothing else to do. It was a pain in the ass.

Negan didn't see Judith for a couple of days. He was afraid the girl might have changed her mind and doesn't want to talk to him anymore.

As he was deep in thoughts, he heard the door open. Someone was coming down.

It was Michonne.

"Welcome home. I'm surprised it took so long," he said, while straightening up.

He could finally talk to Michonne. She was irritated though, like hell, and he irritated her even more. Michonne listened to him, but she left quickly and didn't give Negan a chance. Also, she saw Judith by the window.

"Damn!" yelled Negan and slammed his palm on the iron bars. He finally got to talk to her and she wouldn't listen. She was so selfish. And now Judith is busted too, Michonne will scold her because of him. "Damn it," he said again. He was pacing in his cell. What the hell should I do to make her listen? He didn't realize he was so upset. He kept pacing, he wiped his face then put his hands on his hips. Jeez, why wouldn't she listen... I know why I know what I did, but I'm gonna rot in here, she won't let me help. He stopped, tilted his head back, closed his eyes, and let out a sigh. He heard the door again, someone was coming. He was hoping for Michonne to come back, but it was just Gabriel.

"Hi, Gabe. What's up?" he greeted him.

"Nothing that concerns you," he said with a faint smile, gave Negan his food, and left.

Negan laughed nervously.

"Wow..." he said and started to eat. He suspected something was going on.

...

Quinn, Hilltop

I was so curious what the yelling was about outside. I wish I could at least sit up to peek through the window, but I wasn't allowed to even move. Not yet. Only three days passed since the surgery. It was painful just to breathe, so I wouldn't dare to move at all. Enid said she was going to help me with a little physiotherapy, so she would move my legs for me, one week after the surgery. I'm like a sack of potatoes for a week. The yelling stopped a while ago, it was all too quiet now. Way too quiet. What the hell was going on? I could die from curiosity. I hope there's nothing wrong. I let out a sigh slowly.

And I was thinking about sneaking out to go to Negan and now I can't even turn to one side of the bed. I'm pathetic. First time I get out of the Kingdom after two years and I kill myself on the spot. Except it wasn't my intention this time.

I tried to listen carefully, but I didn't hear a thing. It was like I was the only person in the whole town. It creeped me out.

I was never, in my entire life, so bored like right now.

I let out a sigh again then buried my face in my hands.

That's when I heard the door's lock click. I jerked my head up, someone was coming in. It was Jesus, he smiled at me as he entered.

"Hi, Quinn."

"Hey," I smiled too. "What's going on out there?"

"Oh, you can talk again. That's good," he smiled slightly, then his smile faded and continued. "Uhm... yeah. Well, the skins came here and knocked on our front door."