Chapter 11 - Intruder

(Author's notes: For this chapter, I would like to recommend "Perfect Illusion" by Lady Gaga. Start listening when you reach this part: "I looked at him fiercely..." </3)

...

The next day I was gardening so angrily, Judith stopped by and looked curiously.

"So, you talked to him," she said.

"Don't even remind me. He is... a horrible person," I said angrily. I wasn't angry at Judith of course and she knew that.

"I think I can help you."

"Don't do anything, sweetie, you shouldn't be talking to him either. Your mom will be angry."

"I know, I know," she sighed, rolling her eyes.

"By the way, how do you know that Maggie is about to leave?" I asked her.

"I heard Aaron and Siddiq talking, but mom doesn't know."

"Okay, I get it. Thank you for helping, honey."

Michonne appeared out of nowhere. I hope she didn't hear anything.

"Come on Judith, you have a history lesson. Hi, Quinn!" she said.

"Hi!" I greeted her too.

"Coming," said Judith and left.

...

We haven't talked since that night I yelled at him. Which was two months ago. I brought him dinner. We looked at each other for a moment, then I left again without a word.

I felt like I could explode. I was still mad at him. Why did he kiss me if he didn't want anything? He didn't think about the consequences? I was so angry.

I hated myself for feeling this. I don't want to love him. I felt like I could punch someone, so, I did.

I went out into the woods, found some walkers. I picked up a log and punched one so hard its face shattered. My hands were covered in dead blood.

I felt like someone was watching me. I looked around but I couldn't see anyone. Not dead, nor living. When I finally calmed down a little, I headed back to Alexandria.

I washed my hands in the rainwater I gathered earlier. I sighed.

I was gardening the whole afternoon, then I brought dinner for Negan. He was sitting on his bed, reading something.

When I was about to head upstairs, he said:

"How long are we going to do this?"

I looked at him.

"Do what?" I returned the question. We stared at each other for a long moment. I nodded my head and wanted to leave, but then he slapped the book on his bed angrily, leaped to his feet, and came to the bars.

"Enough of this!" he said. I turned to him, looked him in the eye angrily.

"What?!" I asked. "I don't do anything!"

"I'm tired of this bullshit! Get someone else who brings me food!"

"No one wants to feed you because you murdered their friends," I said through gritted teeth.

"Then why do you want?!"

"Because I have nothing to lose!"

He looked at me angrily.