Chapter 109 - Distanced

Quinn, Negan, Carol, Daryl, and Jesus, walking back to Alexandria

As they were walking Daryl glanced back above his shoulder, made eye contact with Jesus, and nodded to indicate him to come over. Jesus understood and walked next to Daryl.

"What happened to her?" asked Daryl quietly so the rest couldn't hear. Jesus recounted everything to him.

The rest of them didn't say a word until they reached the gates of Alexandria. Aaron took Jerry's shift for the night, he was opening the gates for them.

"What happened?" asked Aaron frowning his eyebrows concerned.

"She fell. Nothing serious," replied Jesus quietly to Aaron. The rest of them didn't even stop, just headed towards Quinn's house. "I'll let Gabriel know," said Jesus in a normal volume now to the others.

"Thank you, Jesus. Also, for your help!" said Carol slightly smiling at him. Jesus nodded a welcome to her and headed towards Gabriel's house, while Aaron closed the gate. Negan went ahead, got the key out from his pocket, and opened the door. He noticed the back door was wide open, he quickly closed it, while Carol escorted Quinn to the couch. Daryl closed the front door behind himself. Negan turned the light on and stepped closer to Quinn and Carol. Daryl glanced at Carol while she was checking out Quinn's wounds.

"Let me see your leg," growled Daryl as he put his crossbow down and crouched in front of Quinn. She straightened her leg to him without saying anything, still avoiding eye contact. Carol was checking out her arms.

"Negan, do you have disinfectant?" asked Carol, glancing at him above her shoulder.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back," he said as he went upstairs to the bathroom to get it.

"Do you want him out while we talk?" asked Carol quietly. Quinn slowly shook her head.

"No. There's not much to talk about," she stated like she gave up life... again.

"You should take your trousers off so Daryl can check the wound on your leg," said Carol gently.

"I don't want him to see me in pants again," Quinn said quietly with no emotions on her face whatsoever.

"Oh, sorry," mumbled Daryl confused and a bit embarrassed.

"It's okay, I'll check it," said Carol.

"I'm going to Maggie," stated Daryl as he stood up.

"Be careful," said Carol and went to him while he put the crossbow over his shoulder. "She's not the same anymore," she added quietly.

"I know," nodded Daryl, pecked Carol's cheek, and left. Carol closed the door and went back to Quinn, who was taking her trousers off, then she sat back on the couch and covered her thighs with a blanket. Negan came downstairs.

"Alright, let me see," said Carol as she crouched in front of Quinn where Daryl was a minute ago and checked out her leg. "It's not deep and definitely not broken. You're lucky," Carol smiled at her as she quickly grabbed a bowl and a piece of cloth from the kitchen and washed the wound, then sprayed it with disinfectant. Negan sat down across the room in the armchair watching them worryingly without saying anything. Carol then moved on to Quinn's arms, washed them, and sprayed disinfectant on them. Quinn hissed a bit as the spray was stinging and burning her wounds. "It's okay," said Carol and caressed Quinn's cheek, then she put the disinfectant and the bowl back in the kitchen. Then she let out a sigh, came back to the living room, and sat next to Quinn on the couch. "Quinn, look at me," she said gently and Quinn did so, but not so willingly. "I know it hurts. I know it's scary. But we'll help you with Maggie. Don't worry about her. She is living on the other side of Alexandria."