Chapter 117 - Sci-Fi soldiers

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

One week later

A week passed since Maggie beat Negan up. His injuries were healing nicely. His bruises started turning from purple to a greenish yellow. He had an array of colors all over his right side and on his face. The previous injuries he got during our last journey were almost completely healed. His thigh and his arm didn't hurt anymore. He was able to move again, which got me worried. The day we had to leave Alexandria was approaching once again. I didn't really leave Negan's side during this week. We were talking a lot. He made me laugh so many times. Carol helped us out with food, I was so grateful to her. She kept both of us alive. Daryl stopped by once to check on me but didn't come inside. He asked how Negan was only because of manners. To make me feel better. I was grateful to him too. I didn't leave the house, so I didn't get to talk to Jesus or Aaron, or Rosita about what happened. Not to mention Connie. I never got to sign her what Daryl taught me. I was practicing sign language with Negan anyway, out of boredom. We both started learning it. Of course, Negan wanted to sign obscure things which made me laugh. The book didn't have any foul words though and it made him sad. When Negan got better we relocated to the bedroom upstairs but I was still avoiding any hot stuff. He needed to heal completely. I was strict about this. Negan tried a couple of times, but I stood my ground even when it was hard to say no. He had to heal.

Just as we finished lunch, Negan was carefully stretching his back while I put the dishes away. He exhaled sharply as he let his arms fall to his sides.

"Does it hurt?" I asked. He put his left hand on his right side, gently touching his ribs.

"Not that much anymore," he answered. "I mean, if I press it I can feel it, but when nothing's pressing on it then no."

I let out a relieved sigh.

"I'm so glad. You looked horrible," I said.

"Thanks, I love you too," he said mocking me. I chuckled.

"I mean, you always look good, but your face was covered in blood and bruises, not to mention your ribs... I was worried," I admitted.

"I know," he said as he came closer and slipped his hands on my waist. "But I told you I'm gonna heal and everything's gonna be fine."

I nodded approvingly and as he leaned in to kiss me, suddenly we heard a knock on the door. It sounded impatient. Someone always came when we were about to kiss. Or were we kissing so much that there wasn't any other option? I quickly opened the door, Carol was standing in front of me.

"Eugene's here!" she stated excitedly without any more context. But that was all I wanted to hear anyway. I glanced at Negan, he looked surprised.

"Where's he? Oh, he must be going to check on Rosita first," I was thinking out loud.

"No. He's not alone," said Carol, the excitement gone. "He brought some soldiers and a politician guy with him."

"What?" I asked. "Soldiers? Politician? What the hell?"

Negan came closer, listening, paying attention. Carol nodded reassuringly.

"Yeah, you heard me. They want all the residents to gather in front of the hall. You two should come too," she added.

"Is it a good idea? I mean Maggie must be there," I speculated, glancing at Negan to see his reaction.

"Come on. I'll stay by your side," Carol said reassuringly. I exchanged glances with Negan once again, he nodded too.

"I mean... I would love to see a politician. It was a long time ago I saw one," he said with a slight smile. I chuckled and Carol smiled slightly.