Chapter 134 - See you at the altar

Author's notes: A quick word before you jump into this chapter. I uploaded a fanfic for the video game "The Quarry". If you played it, you can check it out if you'd like on my profile. ❤

...

Quinn, Commonwealth

November 26, Saturday, afternoon

(11 weeks pregnant)

I was breathing heavily. I tried to calm down. There wasn't going to be a crowd or anything just a few people. Just my family. No need to get a stage fright. But I did.

Carol told me about Ezekiel. She said she was quite busy in the previous two weeks because she was sneaking around offices, making business with Hornsby to get Ezekiel his surgery. He had cancer. I had no idea. It was so kind of Carol for doing all of this for him. She asked me not to tell Daryl, because he would get jealous and it was nothing like that. She was just helping out a friend. Which I totally understood even though I didn't like keeping secrets from Daryl. Carol did the right thing and I knew she was right about Daryl's reaction. So it's better to just forget about it. I noticed Carol was busy, but I had no idea she was already being a secret agent. But she was Carol, what did I even think? Of course, she was snooping around. And I loved that about her. She said Ezekiel had his surgery and he is fine. It's a closed chapter.

This week she was completely free to help me out with the wedding preparations. She even had the nuts and brain to tell Hornsby about the wedding. She said we were already married but we wanted to throw a real wedding, so no one would get suspicious. She was just amazing. This way we could prepare in our apartments and throw a party at one of the restaurants. Carol made connections through the bakery, so they let us use the restaurant for one night. I just couldn't believe it. I'm going to have a real wedding with Negan. Carol helped me pick out the dress too and helped me with pieces of pregnancy advice during all of this.

I told Maxine too that I was pregnant. I figured my employer should know about it, just like back before the fall. Pamela was right next door and heard me talking to Max. Both of them congratulated me.

The baby didn't start showing yet though, which I was a little bittersweet about. I was glad that I will look good in my wedding gown and not like someone who swallowed a melon. But at the same time, I couldn't wait for my belly to get bigger. That would make it real. It was still just like a dream.

We agreed with Negan that we won't have a best man and bridesmaids, we don't want to make such a fuss. We just get on with it.

And I was still breathing heavily even though I was trying to distract my own thoughts.

"How are you feeling?" asked Carol with a huge smile on her face as she stepped inside the room. She was already wearing an elegant dress.

"You cut your hair!" I said surprised.

"Oh, yeah. I kinda missed it. It was getting out of control," she said. "So... are you nervous?"

"Of course, I am! You know me... I'm about to faint," I said. She chuckled gently.

"There's no need to worry. You just have to listen to Gabriel's speech and then we will have a nice dinner together," she said soothingly.

"Is it a good idea to do it in the church though? Negan didn't really feel comfortable about it," I said.

"That's the best place for it. We are safe and no one comes in to interrupt and you can't have your wedding in a restaurant or in an apartment. So, the church will be fine, Negan will ease up, it's only like... twenty minutes. It's okay," she explained while she did my hair and makeup.