ch- 23

SONAKSHI BOSE

The next day in the college was like hell. Cause the teacher made me sit on the first bench with Dev and Lisa was sitting behind us.

She kept on talking to Dev, who ignored her and concentrated on the board and me closing my ears with my hand trying to block the noise.

It was lunch time.....and as usual me, Dev ,Jivan and lisa were sitting together. She was trying to convince Dev to teach her in private and Dev declining her request each time.
After sometime I got up and walked to the library ......I will be needing some books... I still had fifteen minutes in my hand so i could spare some time in the library searching books.

As I walked inside the library no one was there. I collected some of the books but the last one was on the top shelf and I couldn’t reach it. So I dragged the chair and stood on it. Still it was far away, only my fingers could reach it. So I raised myself as far as possible...... and then the tragedy happened. I slipped and fell down. AAAAAAAAA ........ my legs and my hand was on the floor ....me sitting on my bum and cursing myself. Thank god my head didn’t got hurt. I tried to get up with the help of the bookshelves but in that process some books fell on me. OUCH! My head hurts.........I tried to get up but fell again.
    Are you okkk..... someone said and pulled me up. I opened my eyes and saw a boy.....Thank you..I told him.

Can you walk.....he asked. Yes I can....I tried to walk and got disbalanced  but he caught me with his hands. 
       Let me take you to the nurse ... he said and picked me in his arms.

No... no... put me down , I can walk on my own.

Yhaa  I can see that... he said and started walking out of the library. By the way who ......I couldn’t  complete my sentence.

You might not have noticed me yet but I am in the same class with you. I sit on the middle row.

Ooooo ......was all I said. But as he took me in his arms around the corridor .....it felt quite awkward. Everyone was looking at us and making noise like....ooooooo  bro.... go girl get him.

And i really wasn’t in the mood to shut their mouths so I laid my head on his sholders as my head was hurting bad. As we reached the medical room of our college, he slowly laid me down on the bed. The nurse came and gave me ice to put it on my head and ankles. Yesterday only I banged myself on the door in the process to get away from them and today this happened. WOW! Seems like someone is playing with my life thread...... and maybe the next moment someone will just throw a bomb at me and I will die........

        how did you got hurt ...the nurse asked me. Uummm  I was in the library and then I fell down from the chair and then I tried to get up and then I fell down again and some books fell on my head. You got a small cut on your forehead.....she said and covered it with small band-aid.

You should go back to your home.....he said and gave an arm and helped me up. Can you walk...he asked.

    I nooded my head and tried to walk. But my ankle betrayed me...... he looked at me and said ...let me help you.

We walked through the corridor but I didn’t wanted to go home at all. And I have to study and not miss any of the classes.
Wait.... I want to attend the class, help me walk to the class...I told him.

Okkk .....

After he helped me to sit down on the first bench....and sat with me. If you need any help....just call my name.

What is your name.....

Kushal .

Ok and thank you for helping me today......I said him.