ch- 30

DEV DIXIT
I have been trying to call her and text her for days but it seems like she blocked my number and as I am unable to reach out to her, I am fucking worried.
Jivan just let me go to her home and talk to her or just see that she is in her house......
Are you fucking mad........ he said making a serious face. The doctor strictly said you to stay at home and take rest and sleep well. Did you forgot what happened to you few days ago, if not let me remind you......
Ok ok, no need to repeat the same thing again and again.... I stopped him midway.
But atleast can you do something for me.............
I know what will you ask for, but I already told you that she even blocked my number too....seems like she doesn’t wants to talk to you.
No... not that, just do me a favour.. tell me where is she now.... atleast you can do that. I know you can, as you have great connections.......... I said hopefully.
Ok... fine, he said rolling his eyes.
The very next day Jivan called me.......
Yesssss.... did you got something.
Yeah, but it’s sad news for you.........
Just say it.
I heard that she went back to America that night, and she’s never coming back to India.
Oooouuuufffffff.......... I breathed out. Atleast I know that she is safe..... I smiled.
What....... like you are ok with the fact that she left the country without even informing us .... like we used to sit together at the canteen and have so much fun.
Dude .......you know she considered me as nuisance in her life and she always wanted to go as far away as possible from me, and I wanted the same. And I’m ok with the fact that she didn’t informe me, it’s not like that I am her boyfriend or something.
Whom are you making a fool ha....... I know you liked her. The way you looked at her everytime when she wasn’t looking at you and then you looked away when she suddenly caught you red handed.
Was it so obvious?.......... I thought.
Yes it was dame obvious just by looking at your face...... he said from the other side.
Okkk bye...... I said and ended the call.
Ahhhhhhhh ............. I threw my phone on the bed. Did she remembered everything that happened that night, is that the reason for her to leave the country so fast and blocking me away. I am fucking confused right now...... like I didn’t even got the chance to see her for the last time. Maybe my presumption was right...... we were never meant to be together.
I dumped myself on the bed.........
Why am I so sad about the fact that she didn’t even called me before leaving........... fuck it’s driving me nuts. Did she hated me that much..... was I too hard on her?
But It’s of no use... thinking about her. I won’t be able to see her again. And right now I have a line to say to myself......” she was a wind that I didn’t take seriously and now I want to feel the wind again, blowing my hair and giving me shivers all over my body but the thing is.......... it went too far away from me and cannot change its direction just because a small town boy missed the chance to tell her how strange it was for him to fall for a wind he knew would never stop for anyone”.
I feel like I want to cry but the tears are nowhere to be found. Strange isn’t it.
After some days I got a message from the collage.......” STUDENTS WHO ARE SUPPOSE TO GET THE INTARNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP ARE INVITED TO ATTAND A COUNSELLING CLASS AND HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CHOOSE THE UNIVERSITY FOR THEIR FURTHER STUDIES.
THE LIST OF STUDENTS ARE:
I went on reading the names while my heart was beating so fast........ and then I found it...my name written there.
I started to jump...... yesssss... yessss yessssss I did it yessssssss..... ha hhaaaa ........ I looked at the screen again to check it again. My name written in bold letters “ DEV DIXIT”
I’m going to America, finally............. I called my aunt....
She picked up..
I thought you forgot about us........ she said.
Mami mami  mami.... I got the scholarship to America...... I said with a voice full of joy.
Whattt.... really.... she said and started to cry.
Why are you crying......
No no... it’s just that I am so happy for you. I can’t stop crying. And one more thing.... don’t leave the country without meeting us for the last time... ok.
How can I leave the country without seeing my sweet heart.... ha.... I exclaimed.
Oooooo....... your mama is here, do you want to talk to him.
No no no...... but I guess she didn’t hear me as I heard his voice.
Hello...... he said.
How are you mama.....
I am good, and I heard that you got the scholarship......... he said with a tone that said” I am happy for you”.
Yes mama, and I will be leaving  for America after meeting you guys.
Okkkk, now talk to your mami...........
Seems like your mama is having a hard time believing the fact that you got the scholarship......... she said as my mama handed over the phone to her. Ok now you better end the call and pack your bags........ and I will pack sweets and many more food items, you will be needing them there. Now bye... I have to pack those things.
Ok bye ... mmmmuuuuhhhhh ..... I gave a kiss on the phone.
She ended the call and I surfed the internet looking for top universities to study in. I must do some research before the counselling class. After searching for hours I found the perfect match for me, it was in New York city.
The day of counselling arrived and they explained us more about the available facilities and many more thing. And after the counselling I was sure about which university I wanted to go to.
NOW IT’S MY REQUEST TO ALL THE STUDENTS TO THINK CAREFULLY AND THEN DECIDE, AND AFTER YOU’RE SURE ABOUT IT PLEASE NOTIFY THE COLLEGE AUTHORITY. AFTER NOTIFING THE COLLEGE AUTHORITY WILL START THE PROCESS OF YOUR ADMISSION, ACCOMMODATION ETC..............
One of the professors said.
I went the very next day and notified the college authority. They said that within fifteen days we will be receiving our original mark sheet and after five days of that we will be boarding our flights.
The days went by..... me packing my thing and buying all the necessary things, all thanks to Raj’s father as he was bearing all my expenses. Only few days are left before I leave for America.
Suddenly I got a call from Radha mami, I picked it up.
Yes mami......
Where are you dev, we came to meet you at your college hostel but they said you shifted somewhere else........
Shit I forgot to tell them.......
Mami I am living at my friend’s place, you stay at the college ..... I’m coming to get you.
Ok..... she said and ended the call.
Jivan and me both were out for shopping. Jivan..... I called out his name and he popped his head from the middle of the garments.
What......
My aunt and uncle are here to see me off and they will be staying for few days......... so can....he stopped me.
They can stay with us....and they better not stay at the hotel........... he said .
   Thanks, now let’s go and pick them up.
We were on our way to college, Jivan was driving the car. Look when my uncle and aunt ask the reason of me shifting from the hostel room to you house then just say that your father insisted you not to stay alone so you told me to shift to your place. Do not even utter a word about the fight infront of them ,ok.
Yes boss.
We reached the college and saw them waiting outside the college gate. 
Mami.............. I waved at her.
  You came........   she said and I got down from the car.
Whose car is this... ...   mama asked......this is my friends car and there he is...... I pointed at him while he waved at mami and mama from inside the car.
I took there lagguages and kept it at the back of the car. Mami and mama sat on the back seat, me at the front and Jivan was driving the car.
Now tell me... mama said. Why are you leaving at your friends place......
Actually....my father insisted that I should not live alone and should stay with some of my friends. So I thought Dev can be a perfect roommate for me, that’s why he left the college hostel and started staying with me............. he said just what I told him to say.
Mami told me how much she missed me and mama kept on staring out of the window. We reached home and after entering the house both my mama and mami were in aww. You live here.... she asked.
Yes mami, and please no more questions .....ok. Now let me show you your room, freshen up, take some rest and then we will have lunch together. After leaving them there I went down and asked the maid to make my mami’s favourite dishes. She will be so happy I thought.
Pisssssss........ pissssss......I turned around to see Jivan standing behind the wall and making wired sounds. What........ I asked. What about your shopping....... he whispered.  Dude they are in the guest room and you don’t need to whisper ok.
Oooo... he straightened himself and came towards me.
So what about the rest of the shopping.... he said. I will do it later....and don’t talk about shopping infront of them ok, cause then they will be asking more and more questions.
Who will ask you questions................. both of us jumped backwards and saw mama coming towards us. What questions are you talking about........ he asked again.
Ooooooo    questions...........I said stammering. Mama raised an eyebrow at me. Oooooooo ............ he was actually telling me that what kind of questions will be coming in the viva. It’s better to take suggestions from a senior you know....... Jivan said covering up for me.
Ookkk.
But why did you came down, won’t you take some rest...... I asked.
I came down to ask..... what did you cook for lunch, your mami is worried about your eating habits so she asked me to check. God knows what you guys eat......... he said scrunching his nose.
Don’t worry uncle the maid is a very good cook...... Jivan said pointing towards the maid who was busy making the dishes I asked her to make.
You have maids for doing all the work........ mama asked.
Yes uncle.... one for washing the car, one for cleaning the house, one for cooking the food. And a security guard at the gate.......... Jivan said.
Ooooo..... I see you are very rich, you must have got into the college with your fathers money......... mama said with a tone which meant ‘ I pity you, you brainless moron, Sitting and having fun on father’s money’.
No uncle..... I am a scholarship student just like Dev, even I used to live with him at the hostel. But later on my father told me to shift in this house.
    Good...... he said satisfied with Jivan’s answer. I hate rich peoples.... they all are the same.
Yeah uncle.... even I hate rich people, they always try to destroy others life....... do you know uncle Sonakshi an................. before he could say anything  I pinched him on his arm and he yelped a bit.
What happened........ mama asked.
I was saying that a rich girl of our college broke the heart of a poor boy................
Oo god what the fuck is  saying.
Mama... please take some rest. I will call you when the food is ready, and jivan.... don’t you have a viva to give......... I looked at him telling him to go.
Yes yes... haaaa..... he laughed. I almost most forgot, I should just go and prepare for it. He said and walked out of the dining area.
Atleast you made a good friend over here...... mama said and went back to his room.
   Jivan............. I screamed in my mind.
I went to his room and chased him around the room.....
Aaaaaa....... why are you chasing me?
Why am I chasing you..... what were you going to say infront of mama about Sonakshi and what’s with the story of a rich girl breaking the heart of a poor boy.......ha.
Oooo sorry..... I couldn’t stop myself, actually I was following the policy of ‘go with the flow’.
Ok... fine..... I said and stopped running after him. He also stopped. I will also beat you with the policy of ‘go with the flow’ ok........ I said and got up on the bed, took a pillow and started beating him with that.
After sometimes the feathers came out of the pillow and were floating in the air. I left the pillow and grabbed him from behind and pinned him down on the bed. I twisted his hand behind his back and he begged me to let go........... and at that very moment mami came into the room.
I looked up and saw her frozen on her spot, she was looking at us with big  big eyes. And then suddenly she covered her eyes with both of her hands and went out of the room without saying anything.
Will you leave my hand or should I call your mama.......... he blackmailed me.
I let go of his hand......and told him ... look if you continue your go with the flow policy then I will make sure to tell your father about the parties you go to.
Ok ok.... I will be silent like a mute...... he said zipping his mouth with his fingers.
Good.... I commented and got out of his room. But where did she go.... I thought.
After sometimes we all were having our lunch.....mama was busy eating his food, but mami kept on looking at me and then Jivan. Mami... do you like the food, I asked the maid to make your favourite dishes..... I said.
Yes..... the food tastes very good. I smiled at her answer. We can go for a little tour in the evening if you are not too tired........ I asked.
No not today, we’ll go tomorrow....... mami said. Ok then I will stay at home too....... I said.
No, you can’t... we have to go to the college library and get some books for my viva........ Jivan said looking at me as if he was trying to tell me something else.
Ooooo shopping  I thought . Ok I will help you find those books.......
Ok then if you both of you are going to the college then take me with you..... I want to buy few things... mama said.
No, you will not go with them......... suddenly mami said out loud.
But........ mama said and mami stopped him in the middle.
No but,  what.... just let the kids do their work today, you can do you shopping later on........... mami said in a manner even I was confused, as if she didn’t want mama to come with us more than me and Jivan. Whatever, it’s good for us.
In the evening we went to do the rest of the shopping. After we were done with all the shopping, both of us ordered pizza and coke for us. Dude......... jivan said with his mouth ready to bust   any moment due to the amount of pizza he ate at once.
y... ooo uu ...... knnnno... oorrreee aaaan...........
stop first swallow your food then speak....... I said, cutting him in the middle.
He nodded and chewed and the swallowed his food with the help of the coke. Now say what you want to say.......
I don’t know you have noticed it or not, but your aunt has been staring at me for a while. Like she kept on looking at me from time to time while we were having our lunch........
Yeah, I have noticed it too. Maybe both mama and mami have became fond of you, you should be happy about the fact...... I exclaimed.
But you know when I first saw you aunt...... she looked a very simple person. Instead I was afraid of you uncle. Since your aunt has been giving me weird gazes....... It’s really making me uncomfortable.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh .......... he shouted as I slapped him at the back of his head.
What was that for.... he asked while rubbing his head with his hand.
Nothing...... Just having some fun with you before I leave this country.
But why......
Should I do it once more...... I said raising my hand.
No no... It’s ok.
We came back home and saw mami sitting on the couch..........
Where are the books that you went to take from the library, and why do you have shopping bags instead of a bag pack of books  ..... she questioned.
Fuck I forgot........
I stayed quite, even Jivan wasn’t able to say anything. What should we do now........ I thought.
It’s ok, just go up and keep your things fast before your mama finds out that both of you went to shopping instead of the library......... she said while rolling her eyes.
We didn’t waste any time standing there and went up, Jivan helped me pack them in my bag.
Well.... I was wrong about your aunt, she’s the best........ he corrected.
See I told ya, she is the best..... he nodded in approval.
The next day all of us went for a tour in Jivan’s car. Jivan became our guide for free as I was not familier with the place myself. But something was off with mami, ever since she went to Jivan’s room and saw us fighting..... she has been acting weird around me and constantly peeping at Jivan.
I need to talk with her. Only two days are left before I leave for America, I need to know what she is hiding from me.
At night when we came back home, I took mami to my room and closed the door. Mami.... is there something that you want to talk about but you are afraid of, I’m asking cause you have been acting weird around Jivan and me................ I said.
You know, you two shouldn’t be going out like that. I know you are staying in a modern city and your thinking is modern but not everyone thinks like you, so you should be more careful......... she said tapping my shoulder and went out of the room.
Aaaaaa...... what did she meant by whatever she said just now cause all of it went over my head.
I better sleep because if I think too much then I’ll go crazy and they won’t let me into America. But what was she talking about......” you two shouldn’t be going out like that”... whom is she talking about.
And what’s with the next thing she said, it’s even more confusing....... no no, I should just go to sleep. Yes I will go to sleep, I will make sure to ask her tomorrow about it.
The next day she came to my room and opened my bag and kept jars of pickles, sweets and what not. Mami ..... why did you make those, you know it will be hard for me to keep them.
Shut up... you are gonna take them with you. You must eat them from time to time and remember us and your country.
I laughed at what she said. Why do I have to eat those to remember you..... you will always stay in my heart......... I said hugging her from behind.
I don’t believe foreign countries..... they just change people’s heart........ she said sadly. Promise me that you will come back to us as soon as you complete your studies....ok........ she said looking at me as she turned back and hugged me tight.
I knew what she meant........... she doesn’t wants me to end up like my mother , even though she won’t tell me directly.
Ok I promise........ I hate that country as much as you hate that country, and apart from my studies I have few things to deal with over there.... I thought. Now stop worrying about me and pack whatever you want to pack, ok..... I said and gave her a kiss on her cheeks. And then I remembered what I wanted to ask her.
Mami, yesterday.....
Now show me the kitchen, I will cook today for my child........ she said completely ignoring whatever I wanted to say. It’s downstairs, on the left hand...... let me take you there. I took her to the kitchen and asked the maid to help her and give her whatever she asks for.
Now as you are done with showing me the kitchen, you can go back to your room...... she said while she pushed me out of the kitchen.
Throughout the day she kept on avoiding my question. Why is she doing so, now I am sure that she is hiding something.
Finally the day arrived, the day for me to leave my country and my loved once behind..........
Check once if you missed out something to take.......... Jivan said the same thing he said this morning. Even mami has been saying the same thing over and over again. On the other hand mama is saying things like “ if you take so many luggages, they will charge you more”...........” stay away from white peoples, they will force you to do drugs”............... “ never get out of your hostel after ten”.
After reaching the airport, Jivan helped me with my bags and mami was already crying..... ready to submerge the whole city. Mami stop crying........ I am going to a different country, not a different planet.
That place is no less than a different planet for you, god knows what kind of food they have everyday. I have heard that they don’t put any kind of spices in their food and one more thing ....... whenever you decide to eat out, make sure to eat from an Indian restaurant. I don’t believe other restaurants, who knows they will give you beef in your food.
Mami they won’t do those kind of things....... I said and turned towards Jivan. Thanks bro for helping me all these time..... I said giving him a bro hug.
I will miss you senior and call me whenever you get time and if you are in trouble call me first, I will send my goons over there...... and we both started to laugh.
Dev I need to talk about something...... mami said and pulled me with her at a distance where mama and Jivan won’t be able to hear us.
You know I respect your decision of choosing him but girls are not that bad..... I mean all girls are not like your mami but if you try you will find someone better then him........... she whispered even though we were out of their hearing range.
Mami, what are you talking about......... and you respect the decision of choosing whom?........ I was hell confused right now.
I am talking about you and Jivan, I know there is something going on between you two that can’t be reviled to the world...........
Mami stop, and tell me clearly what do you mean by: there is something going on between me and Jivan............ 
Well I saw you two that day in the room over eachother.......... I mean, I know that you love eachother. That you are a gay and so is he..... she said and looked at Jivan. Jivan smiled back not knowing anything.
WHAT GAY..... WHO IS GAY?...... ME ...... no mami you got things wrong. I am not gay ,neither is he and whatever you saw that day. It was all misunderstanding.... I was actually fighting with him that’s all...... I laughed at the scene she must have seen. Feathers flying all around the room, me and Jivan on the bed and me holding him down under me.
Thank god...... you are not gay. I thought that you will bring a husband for yourself instead of a wife..... she sighed.