ch- 29

Ch- 29

SONAKSHI BOSE

Wait a second this is not my room............ this is .......
How in world did I end up in his room. I got down from the bed and felt the cold floor under my feet, and then  my head started to hurt like hell, feels like someone had banged my head with an iron rod . As I looked down, I was even more shocked............
Why in world I’m wearing his shirt and shorts, and what happened to my cloths. I looked around the room but couldn’t find my dress. And then the maid walks into the room, she had my dress in her hands and gave it to me.
   I have washed your cloth and dried it................
The breakfast is ready mam, should I bring it up here or would you prefer to have it down with the rest of your friends?....... she asked. What did she mean by ‘washed and dried my dress’, what had happened to my dress? I thought.
Ummmmmmm  bring it up here....... I said looking down at my condition. She was about to leave...
Excuse me .......
She looked back at me...
Yes mam....
Can you tell me what happened last night and who changed my dress?
I helped you change your dress........ and it was almost 1 AM at night when I was asked to come up and clean the room, and when I got here the room was filled with puke even your dress got dirty. So I cleaned the room and helped you change  into these cloths. 
      Ok .......    thank god, I sighed.
  She left the room and I went to the washroom, as I splashed water on my face ....... I saw the flashes from last night.
Ooooooooo ......nooooooooo  fuck, what have I done. I pulled onto my hair. I was making out with him, no I was about to do it with him. My cheeks are turning hot......... my whole face has turned red and my heart is racing right now. I am going to have a panic attack even though I don’t know how it feels like to have a panic attack.
If it would have been a movie, I would have laughed it off..... like how funny it would have been to see two adults ready to do it, their hormones at the peak and at that particular moment their stomach betrays them. But what am I suppose to do........... oo god. I just want the earth to open up and swallow me.
But I need to get out of here first...... I don’t have the power to face him. So without wasting anymore time, I changed into my cloths and ran out of the house....... like literally I ran all the way to my home.
  Suddenly my phone vibrates in my hand, there was a message from our college. They gave us a study leave for a month before we sit for our final exams.
   The message is a blessing for me..... atleast I don’t have to face him.

DEV DIXIT   
I woke up and as I opened my eyes, I had to close the back cause the light was way too bright.
Aaaahhhhhh ......... my head hurts. Why does my head hurt?
Where am I, what is this place............. my eyes slowly adjusted to the brightness and then I could see the room clearly in which I was. I went out of the room and looked around......... wait I am at Jivan’s house. Thank god .... I sighed .
You woke up.......... jivan said while coming my way.
You’re ok? He asked.
No ....... my head hurts, I said while holding my head with one hand.
Take it....... he handed me a glass and a medicine.
It will help you.......... he said, and I did as I was said. It was getting very hard for me to stand with the pain.
     By the way why was I sleeping in this room....... and what happened last night?.........
I asked while walking towards my room.
Please don’t ask about last night........ it was a nightmare for me. And what is that red mark on you chest?.......... he asked pointing at me.
I went towards the mirror and looked at myself, I don’t know how did I got that.
Now tell me what happened last night............. as far as I know, we were at the party , I was drunk and my throat was on fire.
Well last night..................
He explained everything.......
So me and Sonakshi were in this room........
Yes and I went back to my room and fell asleep......... and then after sometime I woke up and realized that I have locked two war dogs in the same room. As I didn’t wanted any dead bodies in my house, so I decided to get off the bed and save you guys from killing eachother. And when I got here...... the whole room was a mess. You were in the bathroom empting your stomach and Sonakshi was doing the same but on the floor.  And after that I took you to the guest room and helped you clean up and the maid helped her and cleaned the room...........
By the way where is she..... anyway I’m going down to have my breakfast, you better wash up and eat something. You must be feeling hungry.
And my stomach made a noise that said” give me food”. You go down first, I said and sat down on the bed and as soon as I sat down , something poked my bum. I jumped back up yelping.
What happened?...........he asked turning back.
I looked through the sheets and found an earring.
See..... this is why you should be grateful to me, look even her earring is ready to kill you....... he said laughing and got out.
And then I realised that something else had also happened last night.
Ooooooooo shit..... last night me and Sonakshi..... we almost did it...........
I looked around the room but nothing was there. I went inside the washroom and found my cloths. Maybe she was wearing them before she left.
Aaaaaaaaa ........ I feel like pulling my hairs out of my scalp. It is so embrrassing ....... how in world am I suppose to show my face to her.............. but I am happy and embarrassed at the same time.
Happy for not going further, and embarrassed at the fact that I ................ if it wasn’t for my stomach than we would have found ourselves naked on the bed into eachother’s arm. I covered my face with my hands. Fuck ...... I don’t even want to see myself right now. And all this blame goes to the drinks.
I really don’t understand why people drink something that tastes so bad, costs too high and at the same time makes a person loose all their senses. Never in my life will I ever touch them, and if someone forces me to drink than, I’d rather punch that person on the face, go back home and have a good sleep.
After taking a bath I went down........
Where is she?........ I asked Jivan.
The maid said she left before we woke up.
Ooo .............
After having breakfast I went back to my room and stood infront of the window. Should I call her....... or just text her........or do nothing at all.
  Aaaaaaaa...... why in world is this so hard..... I thought while tossing my phone from one hand to another hand. I switched my phone on and a message popped on my screen.
    It said that we will be having one month study leave...........
Good for me atleast I won’t have to face her.
Maybe it’s better for both of us not to discuss about last night. But why hasn’t she called me yet or texted me. Does she remember what happened last night....... she must have forgot, or else she would have called me by now. Seems like we both were ready to give all we had to eachother. But what am I suppose to do now....... like now what. I paced around my room ......
   Wait .... what am I doing?
I need to study hard to get that scholarship.......... I must concentrate.
It’s better for both of us to have separate ways.
    But deep inside I wished to see her again.

And then the month passed by just like that, me studying day and night..... turning the pages at the speed of light........ revising and memorising all of it and made sure that I didn’t missed out anything.
I walked through the corridor with the other student’s, everyone was waiting for the examination to begin. There was still fifteen minutes left before it started. And then my eyes met hers........ she looked at me and walked to the other end of the corridor. I was going to follow her but the professor told us to get inside the class. She must have been allotted a different class with few other students. It’s good for me that she is in a different class or else it would have been very distracting for me.
After three hours of non-stop writing, I submitted my paper and got out of the class.
I need to talk to her , but where is she. I waited for sometimes and then saw her coming from the opposite direction.
She saw me but didn’t stop and kept on walking.  
  Heyyyyyyyyy....... stop, I need to talk to you........ I said and then she stopped.
We sat on our usual place at the canteen.
Yes, what is it......... she looked at me.
Ummmmmmm....... how was your exam?
It .... was good ......., this is what you wanted to ask?
No actually , ummm .................... do you.........
d..do...do you......
do I what...... she asked.
Ummmmmmm .... fuck how am I suppose to ask her about it.
Ummmmm ...........

Look if you don’t have anything to say then I will be going....... she said while getting up.
Do you remember what happened that night after we came back from the party? ..... I said in one go.
She looked at me for a moment and then looked the other way. No I don’t remember......   but why are you asking about that night..... did something happen?

No..... no..... I laughed it off. Actually even I don’t remember what happened, so I thought of asking you about what happened but seems like you are also suffering from memory loss.
Ok........I will be going then..... she said and left.
Ooouuufffff......... thank god she doesn’t remembers anything. Therefore she thinks that I don’t know, and I know that she doesn’t know but she doesn’t knows that I know......... yes good for me. I will take those memories of that night to my grave, she will never know.

SONAKSHI BOSE

Thank god he doesn’t remembers anything............
So that means: he thinks that I don’t know and I know that he doesn’t remembers anything but he doesn’t know that I remember what happened. Seems like it’s just me with those memories ....... all alone playing ring-a ring-a roses.

Today was our last exam....... and I know that I have done well enough to go back to America. But I don’t know why I feel so restless.
As I got out of me class and walked through the corridor, I was trying to avoid facing him but deep inside I wanted to see him last time before I go back or else I will regret my whole life.
So I waited outside his class...... one by one the students were coming out but where is he.
Excuse me....... I stopped a girl.
Have you seen Dev........
Oooo Dev our handsome boy....... it has been almost fifteen minutes or maybe more...as he left.

He was the first to finish the paper so he left first....... she said and went away.
Maybe I won’t be able to see him.
I felt a bit disappointed ...............
As I was passing by the boys washroom, I heard moans and I knew who it was. Slowly I stepped inside the boys washroom, apart from him no one was there. And then I heard another voice.......it was a girl.

Fuck it went too deep inside....... the girl said. The door was open but I couldn’t see their faces.
And then I heard her grasp...... “ it is so thick”

The tone in which she said sounded a bit different...... but whatever it was I could no longer bare to stand there. So I ran out from there, my eyes were watery but I was angry.......
Angry at myself for falling for a person like him.
Angry at the fact that I wanted to see him for the last time. I did saw him, but seems like I saw his true colour.
Aaahhhhhhhhhh .............. why why why............ why does all the bad things happen to me.
I am unable to breath properly. Everything seems so hazy. Why did he did this to me....... I thought of him as a good guy but he turned out  to be like the rest of all.

I went back home, barely holding my tears in. The moment I closed the door of my room, I busted into tears. I went to the washroom and stood under the shower........
Why.... w..hy me. My heart is hurting, I slide down the wall as the water rained over me. After crying for sometimes I started to laugh like a mad person.
   I started to belief a person who was fake...... haaaa hhaa ha ha ha aha ha ha ha ha ..........
I leaned on the wall and started to laugh even louder.
I am a fool, like I used to call him an idiot but it was me..... all this time it has been me, I was the idiot.
He used me .......... and I let him. The day I met him was the worst day of my life. 
And why in world am I crying for a person whom I will never cross paths with again.
Get yourself together sonakshi........you are not suppose to be a cry baby, you are the most strongest person in this world........ I got back on my feet and turned off the shower.
I will just think of him as a wind........... It left the way it came into my life.   I will erase him from my memories forever.
I stood in front of the mirror and wiped my face with my hand............ repeat after me... I said to my reflection....
I will not let my future be affected because of that jerk ........... never will I ever let anyone breach the walls around me. And then I stared at myself.... gosh why I’m being so dramatic, like we were some kind of couple or something. It’s not like he was my boyfriend and he cheated on me.... I shouldn’t have these kind of feelings.
Yesss ....... this is me ...
Miss Sonakshi Bose is back........... I raised an eyebrow and smiled in an evil way.

After changing into dry cloths I went downstairs and sat down on the couch. Bring me a cup of coffee....
Make it two.......... came my dad’s voice.
I looked behind me and saw my dad standing there.
So what brings you here dad...........
I thought of visiting my daughter, after all I am your dad and must make sure that you are doing well.........he said and sat on the opposite side.
I thought that how can such a big business man sacrifice his precious time just to see how his only child has been doing all alone without any friends, in a country full of strangers..... ha, this is what you came to see....... I said in a calm manner.
Seems like there has been an improvement in your behaviour ........... that’s a good thing..... he smiled.
All thanks to you, that I met some people  I wish I never met. And by the way what are you doing here. I know you didn’t came all the way from America just to see my face.

Okkk, I will just ask one question first then I will answer all of your questions...... 
So ...... do I have to book two return tickets for America or should I book one........ he asked.
You can book two tickets as I am confident that I will score good marks in all the subjects.
Thank god..... he sighed.......
The maid bought our coffee and kept it on the table, dad took his coffee, smelled it and then took a sip of his coffee and so did I.
We both love the smell of coffee.
The thing is......... he said and I looked back at him.
Even if you fail, I have to take you back to America.......... he smiled at me.
WHATTT.............. I was shocked.
So, are you saying that .... I worked so hard for nothing......aaaaahhhhhh .......... I sighed while I kept my hand on my head.
Aaaahhhhhh why does everyone plays with me........ this is so frustrating... I scratched my head.
Seems like you still have anger management issues....... but that won’t be a problem anymore...... he said and got up.
Why?.........
I will talk about later but first..... he looked over to the maid.
Pack her bags...... we will leave tonight.
Whatttt...... wow! Like so fast....... I was a bit confused.
yes now get ready, I will tell you everything after we board the flight.
Okkk..... the faster I leave this country the better for me.., I thought.

  DEV DIXIT
After the exam got over and I was done with my writing, I looked around and saw that everyone was still writing, so I decided to submit my paper and wait for her outside the class. Suddenly my eyes became blurry......... everything started rotating around me. I somehow managed to go to the washroom and splashed water on my face but still it was of no use. I was losing my strength to stand straight so I supported myself by keeping my hand on the mirror in front of the sink.

But seems like I am having a bad day.............. I could hear the mirror crack and then within seconds it shattered into pieces. And then I totally lost my balance and walked backwards, and fell down inside one of the toilet cubes.
Aaaaahhhhhhh .............. I groned in pain.
Ooo my god....... came a girl’s voice.
Are you okkkk......... she asked. 
And then she helped me get up but my strength to stand was gone and was unable to see anything.......... everything was blurry.
Omg.... your hand is bleeding, we need to go to the doctor.
Dude you’re heavy......... she exclaimed. Let me see your hand.... she said and took my hand and looked at it. Aaaaaaaa... I morned in pain,
  Fuck it went too deep inside....... she said looking at it carefully. And then she touched the piece of broken mirror that was stuck on my hand........’It is so thick’.
   Look I’m in hurry so you better try to keep your weight off me so that I can take you to the doctor...ok.
I nodded my head and somehow balanced myself, she took my one arm and kept it around her sholder and  then slowly we got out of the washroom and went to the doctor.
After handing me over to the doctor she said goodbye to me and went away.
And as I sat on the bed of the doctor’s chamber.......... everything started to vanish and then I blacked out.
.............................................................................
I opened my eyes and saw a shadow hovering over me.....

Aaaaaaaa........ I screamed and jumped away from that , whatever it was.
Stop screaming, it’s me............ it was Jivan’s voice.
Oooooo..... I sighed, I thought it was a ghost. And where am I?
Why is this place so dark?.....
And then the lights turned on. Due to the brightness I quickly closed my eyes , after sometimes I slowly opened them back.
You’re okk... he asked.
How am I suppose to be ok, when I saw a ghost like creature hovering over me as soon as I opened my eyes... ha.
Sorry.... I was just checking, cause I thought you were sleep dead.
What happened to me? ..... I asked him.
Well..... when I heard that you were in the medical room, I went there and saw you laying on the bed unconscious. And when I asked the doctor about what happened. She told me that, a girl bought you here. After treating your hand she told me that you must have been skipping meals and didn’t slept at all. That was why you must have been dizzy and then blacked out at the end. But I don’t understand, how did you managed to get a deep cut on you hand........... he looked at me with a question mark on his face.
Well the last thing I remember is, I was in the washroom... my vision was blurry and I heard the mirror crack and then It broke into pieces.......... I said with a tired voice.
Did you bought me home?..... I asked him.
Ofcourse it was me. But tell me one thing.... how did you became like this..... he said looking at my condition.
I was just studying hard to get the scholarship, it is very important for me.
Ok, I understand......... he said nodding his head.
Even he is one of the toppers of his batch, he is suppose to understand my condition.
Ok then take rest..... no more studying cause the exams are over, and thank god you got hurt on your right hand after the exams got over. You know you are very lucky....... he said and got out of my room.

And then it hit me........ that time I was waiting for her but wasn’t able to meet her as this all happened with me.
Should I just call her... I thought. Maybe I’ll call her tomorrow, it’s already 11 pm... she must be sleeping.
After having my dinner I went back to sleep.

SONAKSHI BOSE

Dad...... the flight has already taken off, now can you tell me what is the matter.
Like why suddenly you are taking me back to America.......... I questioned him.

Well you will be joining the company and side by side you will be completing your MBA too............ he paused for a bit as if he was in deep thought.
  What is it.... I asked.
Well you know my friend right........
Which friend are you talking about, like there are many.
The one having a huge business, just like mine.
You’re talking about Mr. DIXIT.
Yes, it’s him.
So, what is it about him........
Well it is not about him but about his son.
Wait... what, he has a son..... I was shocked. I never heard of his son, I thought he didn’t have any child.
He was hiding his son from the outside world due to his son’s condition.... he said sadly. Only few know about his son.
I raised an eyebrow at him telling him to proceed.
He sighed..... his son has a psychological illness from childhood. But now he has been showing improvement in his health. The doctor said he can just be like normal people, just like us....... but he needs to come in contact with the outside world.
So....... I was confused, what does it have to do with me I thought.

His father decided to send his son to university, but the thing is ...... he needs someone inside the university campus to always stay with him and guide him as he is totally unaware of the outside world.
So............
As both of you will be going to the same university.... I thought you can help him to recover from his illness, only if you are ok with it. I didn’t even talked about it to my friend.......and as an old friend I wanted to help him.
So this is the reason for you to take me back ha...... I was surprised.
Just tell me one thing.. will you help that boy to overcome his illness........ he asked with hope in his eyes.
I couldn’t save my sister, but because of me someone else gets to recover from their illness than be it, I thought.
Ok I will.
He smiled.....I knew you would say yes.
But don’t be so happy.... I will do it only on one condition.
What condition?
I want all my freedom back..... I was sure about it.
Done..... he said quickly.
So easily....... I thought.
But...... he said. I knew there would be a but.
You are not allowed to beat up someone ok.
Ok.......... ( we’ll see that later) I thought.