ch-35

SONAKSHI BOSE

I sat inside the car and felt that my heart has changed itself into a drum, it was beating so heard that anyone near me can hear my heartbeat. Maybe because I ran all the way, where the car was parked. I kept my hand on my chest......... stop beating so hard you dummy or else I will get a heart attack. And then my hand went to touch the pendent on my neck, but it was missing. I looked for it inside the car but it was not there. I must have dropped it somewhere on the way, so I got out and walked back the path I came from, looking for the pendent.

Where in world did I drop it.......... it didn't fell on the street. I have to go inside the house again........... as I stepped inside and searched for it on the floor, but didn't find it at all.

And then it came to my mind..... no way, ...... did I drop it under the table. I ran towards it pushing from between the crowd and kneeled down and lifted the table cloth. There it is...... I sighed. I picked it up and wore it back.

There you are..... what are you doing down on the floor........ I turned around and saw Christine standing behind me. She gave me her hand and pulled me back up,.... let's go to the terrace, the birthday girl is goinnngggg to cu..t the cakeeee. .......... she pulled me towards the stairs. Slowly the whole floor became empty as everyone went up.

No.... I have to go back home...... I said but she was already pulling me and it's fucking hard to get out of the dead grip of a drunk Christine.

But still I continued to wiggle my hand out of her grip. We finally reached the terrace and the whole place was filled with half drunk and half stable people. And all of them staring at something in particular..... I followed their gaze and found this girl standing on the stage with a huge cake on the table..........

I looked around and found him....... he was just few steps away from me. I wanted to run away from there but she held my hand tight enough to stop my blood circulation. The birthday girl cut the cake and everyone served themselves.

Go and get yourself a plate....... I said her in hope that she would let go of my hand. No...... what if you run away....... she said and rapped her other hand around my neck. Here you go....... the guy came with a plate of cake. Ooo.... you are here too, just wait ...... I will bring a plate for you too..... he said looking at me.

I didn't want to even speak a word.... what if he hears my voice, he's just few steps away.

That guy went away,....... feed me the cake..... she commanded. Eat it yourself......

No.... I can't let go of you hand, you will run away.......

Ok .. fine, but if I feed you the cake will you let me go....

Yesss..ssssss.

I picked up the cake with my free hand to feed her....... and then I saw him talking with his friends and coming in my direction.

Ooo no no no no ........ what do I do?.... what... and then I looked at the pecie of cake in my hand and the bulb glowed. And the very next second, I rubbed the cake cream on my face........ this is the best thing I can do right now to hide myself.

I rubbed it over my face in such a manner that I was only able to open my eyes. He looked at me and laughed and walked past me.

Ooooo nooo...... I thought that I was drunk but..... you are even more drunk then I am........ Christine said as she covered her mouth with her hands, letting go of my hand and I took the moment and ran away from there..........

I ran and ran and ran...... I reached my car and my blood was boiling, ready to evaporate. How dare he laughs at me. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................. I shouted.