ch- 4

Dev Dixit

I went back home and mami was waiting in front of the door.
But I thought of playing a bit so I acted as if I was sad .

I walked past her and entered inside the house,
What happened, did you got the scholarship ? She questioned me with worried eyes.
I stood with my head down and my back pressed on the wall.
Ooo no , don't worry my child
Try harder next time and you will get it...she said with a sad tone.

I closed my eyes and bite my lips to stop laughing as I stared at the ground but I couldn't hold it anymore and laughed my ass off.

Hahahahaha .....Haha........Haha.........hahaha.....hahahahhaahahahaha...
I clutched my stomach and started laughing harder.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa Mamii it hurts, I told her as she pinched my ears.

So you got the scholarship and you were acting all innocent and sad in front of me, she said all angry now.
I just wanted to see you reaction.
I laughed a bit more and she pinched my ears harder and slapped my back.

She let go of my ears and hugged me, I am so happy for you Dev . Your mom would have been so happy today to see you.

I know mami she would be so happy if she saw my success with her own eyes.
I am going to leave tomorrow morning for Delhi so I am going to pack up my stuff .

Suddenly the door opens and my mama enters through that door all drunk.
Youuuuuuuu did you got the scholarshipppp...tell. me..
He asked.

He wasn't even able to stand up straight so I went to support him but he pushed me away.

Answ..er me first...

Yes I got the scholarship mama but you don't look too well maybe you drank too much.

After listening to this he let me carry him to his room. Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

I turned towards my mami and she nodded her head.
I went to my room and started packing but something caught my eyes. Under the bed there was a bag ,I picked it up and looked inside.
To my surprise there was a brand new smart phone.

Did you liked it??she questioned from behind.
I...I.... first tell me where did you got the money to buy it.
I know Dev you need a new phone. And I was saving my money for this cause I know that your phone is not working properly so I bought a new one. I know that you don't want to take it but take it as a gift from me.
Till this date whatever you earned from teaching you juniors , you spended all of it on your studies and didn't even bother to take a look at yourself...... she said.

I hugged her ..... and said
Thank you mami.
Now come on open it up ......
I smiled at her and opened the box.

Now tell me did you liked it....she said with worried face.
I love it mami...she didn't let me finish.
Don't tell about this to your mama ok.

Okk.

Now you must go to sleep or else you won't be able to wake up in the morning , you have a train to catch... saying this she pushed me towards the bed and went away.

I tuned off the lights but my eyes were still awake. I closed them but wasn't able to make myself fall asleep.
I tossed and turned on the bed but slowly blackness consumed my mind.

I wake up in the morning and got ready.
Dev come and have breakfast, I have made paratha for you....and listening to this I rushed out of my room and went to the kitchen .

And the smell was amazing.
Mami I love you... I said picking a paratha and stuffing it in my mouth.
     After finishing five of them I saw my mami packing the rest of the paratha's in a tiffin box and gave it to me.
You can eat them on you journey, ooooo I almost forgot.... she said and went inside the kitchen and came back with a jar of pickles.

Take this one too ,I made it specially for you.
Thank you mama I love you so much.
After that I went inside my room and took one last look around it.
I got out with my luggage and stood at the door to leave.

     So you are ready to go ha..... my mama said getting out of his room.
Yes I am, I went near him and bent down to touch his feets. He touched my head with his hands and said "take care of yourself " , "because if you get in trouble we won't be there to save you".

I guess he said the last line to cover up the first thing he said, that he cared about me. I smiled in my mind and turned towards my Radha mami,
Stay safe and this time make some friends ok. I nodded at her and got out of the house to get inside the auto that was waiting for me to take me to the railway station. For one last time I looked at my guardians and knew it was time for me to leave.

After reaching the station I got inside the train and searched for my seat.
After finding it I placed my bag under the seat and opened my glasses to rub my eyes and put them back on.
It was six in the morning so the people on the train were already awake and some of them were drinking tea and some of them were brushing their teeth.
      As usual the morning scenario that you can see on a train.

The train started moving and after travelling for forty eight hours I finally reached Delhi.

It was seven in the morning and the moment i got out of the station
Twenty or may be there were two hundred taxi drivers waving their hands at me and telling to come and sit in their cab.
One of them took my hand and dragged me towards his cab and opened the door of me.
I got inside and gave him the address of the college.

There was a song playing on the radio

And the song was "lag ja gala "
It is my favourite song.