Ch-56

SONAKSHI DIXIT

I and nervous because of two reasons......first is whether I will be selected as the CEO or not, will all of them vote for me. And the second reason is that whether I will be able to destroy her or not. Things are getting difficult day by day.

I spotted Dev sitting in the middle of the crowed and he was looking straight at me.........he smiled softly before turning to the side, and start conversing with an investor sitting beside him. I was tensed at this point of time cause slowly the empty seats were getting occupied and I on the other hand was sweating hard.....

Finally we have arrived to the main part of this evening where we all will know who becomes the CEO and for that to happen...I request all the shareholders to start with the voting process......

The host announced and one by one all the shareholders registered their names and gave their votes.......... and as I am a shareholder too, so I got to vote for myself. 

After the voting was done, Joy and me.... we standing by each other facing the crowd. My heart beating fast as the host stood with the results in his hand. 

With the maximum amount of votes and a huge difference.....I hereby give you the new CEO of this company.........MR. JOY DIXIT.

Suddenly something inside me just shattered........ Hope....hope it was.

I had no other option but to put a fake smile on my face and clap for him. He made a face as if he knew that he was going to win. He walked towards me and came close to my ears.......... I think it's high time you give a thought about my proposal.....

As I said earlier too.....I won't..... I raised my right eyebrow shaking hands with him. As I walked away from him, I felt defeated, tired, backstabbed, scared. My head held low...... I looked around, everyone was congratulating Joy but only two person standing behind were Dev and the manager.

Dev was about to move towards me but I nodded my head no. He stood there while the manager walked to me and put his around me, patting me on the arm............... I want to go home........ I told him.

You can't, we must stay here until all the guests are gone.....he said and I sighed. 

After almost everyone was gone.... we too left. The manager sat on the drivers seat and I was sitting beside him. Joy walked past our car but failed to notice us............. We were about to drive off when suddenly the lights of the parking lot went out but just after few seconds it came back.

Joy was still standing there at the same spot with his flash on. 

How..... how can this happen?...... how can he not be scared of dark......... I questioned myself, but till then he was already gone.

Get down I need to go somewhere........ I said to the manager getting out of the car and opening the door to drivers seat. He looked at me a bit confused........

Please I have no time to waste..... and don't worry, I will be back home. But for now, take a taxi and get back..... dad needs you.

He understood the situation and slides off while I settled in and drove off from there. After I reached the hospital...... I asked the front desk about the doctor who was treating Joy. As I entered his office...... he looked at me and smiled. 

How are you doing Sonakshi..... 

I am good doctor.......but I actually needed your help.

With what?...is there something wrong with joy which I guess there shouldn't be. It has been a long time he got recovered. 

I stopped moving forward that very moment......

Whatttttt?...........when?

Don't you know?.... look at these reports..... he said turning the desktop screen towards me. I looked at the reports and I was getting angrier as the time passed. Could you please give me a copy of the reports........ The date mentioned on the report was the very day of the quiz competition.