Denying your relationship (for JaureguisLatte) ☺️

You cheered loudly from the sofa as your girlfriend Lauren Jauregui and her bandmates came onto the screen. Fifth Harmony were attending the VMA's and were pulled to the side by one of the reporters. You watched as the reporter asked the girls general questions, "describe each others styles' 'whats your fave song from the reflection album?' and other similar questions.

Then he turned to your girlfriend and she grinned. "So who are you crushing on Jauregui?"..."or are you dating?..."tell us about your love life." He questioned, leaning forward with the microphone.

You could see her suddenly looking around nervously and fumbling with her hands. Recently, you had bought her a ring and she was furiously twisting it around her finger. You wondered why she was acting so nervous, it was quite concerning.

"Huh?" She asked, trying to play off her shy demeanour.

"Are you currently dating anyone?"

"No one." She quickly announced.

You looked to the television in shock and your heart felt like it was breaking into ten million pieces. You grabbed the remote and quickly turned the tv off, refusing to listen anymore.

You stood from the sofa and rushed up the stairway, before curling up in the middle of your bed, sobbing to yourself. 'How can she do this to me?' You thought before closing your eyes.

For the rest of the interview Lauren didn't speak a word, she never made eye contact with the interviewer.

***

"Honey! I'm home!" You heard Lauren holler from the doorway, the sound of her voice instantly made your tears fall. You heard her footsteps up the stairway and she leaned against the bedroom door, to see you curled up on the bed crying.

"Babe? What's happened?"

"Don't you dare 'babe' me." You snapped, throwing a cushion in her direction.

"Y/n?"

"The interview Laure-"

"Oh, you saw that."..."I'm so sorry, my nerves got the better of me and I got scare-"

"Do you even love me?" You questioned your voice breaking at the end, but you were determined to not let more tears fall.

"What?!"

"We agreed to tell them Lauren."

"You're over reacting..." She mumbled.

"Over reacting?! Are you kidding me Lauren?!"..."we've been together for two years, we agreed to tell people and then you go against it? Do you know how hard it is for me? To keep us a secret, not even be able to hold your friggin hand in public."

"Oh y/n-"

"No let me finish Lauren."..."What am I supposed to think...it seems like your ashamed of me. Like you don't want to tell people." You stood up and walked away from her.

"No baby! Wait! I love you! I'm just scared okay...me being gay, it could ruin my career!"

"Lauren! I told you that we would overcome any challenges."..."but if you can't see that then, I guess you'll have to decide..."

"What kind of a question is that?! We can be together!" She argued, as you threw some clothes into a bag and headed for the doorway.

"No we can't, I don't want to be your little secret...it's not fair on either of us."

"I can't- y/n, I can't make that decision."

"I guess I'll see you around."

"No y/n! Please!" She shouted, tugging on your arm. Eventually, you managed to move your arm and walk towards your car. "Where are you going?!"

"Away for a little while, I need space. Goodbye Laur, I love you."

"Pl-please don't go! Please!" She begged, slamming her fists onto the car hood.

*3 years later* (NYC)

You were walking briskly through the city, focussing on your phone when you collided with another object and fell face first into the ground. You groaned in response to the accident and attempted to stand up.

"I'm so sor-" the stranger apologised, reaching down to help you up. Then realisation dawned on you as you recognised that husky voice. You looked up to meet Lauren's emerald eyes.

"Oh my god."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You yelled, throwing your hands up in disbelief, turning on your heels.

"Y/n, can we talk?"

"About what exactly?" You yelled, starting to walk away.

"No wait!" She yelled, reaching for your arm. "I'm not letting you go again!"

"Letting me go?! You were the one who fucked up Lauren!"

"Keep your voice down!" She whisper -yelled, pointing to the group of paparazzi who were approaching.

"What? Are you scared that they'll catch us having an argument and put the pieces together?" You yelled loudly.

"Please y/n, don't do this here. Please?" She practically begged, instantly making you feel bad.

"Fine, half an hour." You huffed, following her down the street to a little cafe.

***
"Lauren, what are you doing here?" You asked directly, as you sat opposite.

"I'm drinking coffe-" she tried to lighten the mood.

"Not here. What are you doing in New York?"

"Oh, well, we're performing in the city tomorrow. So I took today as the perfect opportunity to explore the city...i've already seen some beautiful sights..." She replied, looking at you intently with her green eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here now, I moved with my parents."

She sighed in response and fumbled with her mug before looking up again. "I've missed you." She said in a low tone, reaching for your hand resting on the table.

"No, don-" you tried before your eyes landed on her finger and recognised the familiar piece of jewellery. "You still have the ring?" You questioned in disbelief, as you looked down at her hand.

"Of course I still have it, you gave it to me, I keep it with me at all times to remind me of you."..."y/n, when you left, I was heartbroken. Hell, I still am, sitting opposite you like this...it's killing me inside. I love you." She confessed, making your heart literally flutter.

"I-I st-still love you too." You admitted, letting your tears fall.

"So now I figure that love's like a boomerang...you can throw it away, but it will always come back to you." She said softly, pulling your now crying form into her embrace. When you both pulled away, she took your hand and led you out of the cafe. She said a quick thank you to the staff and then walked out into the busy street.

"Laur? What are you doing?" You questioned as she approached the paparazzi.

"Doing something that I should have done years ago..."

You watched intently as Lauren stood in front of the camera's. "This is y/n...she's one of the most important people in my life. I love her so so much." She said, and then turning to you, taking your hands in her own.

"and I've been such a fucking idiot y/n, but i've learnt that I cannot live without you...so please, baby, do me the honour of being my girlfriend again?"

"Girlfriend?" "Again?" You heard the paparazzi exclaim, now going crazy and snapping pictures of you both. You nodded in response to Lauren's question and she suddenly lifted you into the air.

"I missed you so much Lern Jergi." You whispered, tears rolling down your face as she spun you around in her arms.