Poorly daughter

Hi!!! Sorry for making you all wait so long for an update! Been super busy but here it is! 😁 thankyou for your love and I hope you like it :')

**********************

Lauren cuddled you from behind as you both sat on the sofa, watching a film and relaxing after the busy day.

"It's so peaceful..." Lauren joked, kissing the back of your neck as you both enjoyed the movie. "I love it."

"Enjoy it whilst it lasts." You retorted, thinking about how hectic the day will be tomorrow for your family.

"Mm, love you baby."

"Love you too Lolo."

***

Your wife had put your daughter to bed a few hours ago but then you heard the familiar sound of your daughters pattering feet against the stairway carpet.

Looking up in confusion, you turned slightly in Lauren's arms to look towards the hallway, then saw the little silhouette moving along the steps, realising that it was in fact your baby girl.

"Ava?" Lauren questioned, also looking to your tiny Lern.

"Mama..." She whimpered from the bottom of the stairway, rubbing her tired eyes.

You quickly got up from the sofa and rushed to your daughter in worry. Scooping her up into your arms, you could feel that she had a really high temperature and was shaking.

"Laur...she's really warm." You panicked, moving back to the sofa and sitting Ava on your lap.

"Aw is our poor baby sick?" She cooed, running her fingers through Ava's hair.

Lauren also looked in concern now and placed her cool hand against your daughters head. "Mommy it hurts..." the little girl cried, moving to snuggle against your sweater.

"Where does it hurt Ava?"

She looked up weakly and lifted her hand to her head, pointing to it. Leaning down, you pressed a tender kiss to the burning skin on her forehead, then snuggled her closer again. "Oh princess..." You said with a sad tone, hating to see your daughter so ill.

***

Lauren stood from the sofa and went to get the medicine from the kitchen, and jogged back a few minutes later. She knelt down in front of the sofa and poured the bright yellow liquid onto the spoon.

"That's yucky!" Ava whined, shaking her head and holding her mouth closed, refusing to take the medicine.

"Baby, I know it's yucky, but it will make you better..." Lauren reassured her, as you adjusted your squirming daughter on your knee.

"It will take two seconds baby girl..." You cooed, stroking her hair.

Eventually, the toddler opened her mouth slowly so that Lauren could quickly give her the "yucky" medicine. You and Lauren chuckled slightly at Ava's scrunched up face and disgusted expression.

"See baby! Two seconds!" You said enthusiastically, trying to make her feel better, as Lauren removed the bottle and jogged back to the kitchen.

You smiled lovingly as your daughter giggled at your high voice but then she yawned and rubbed her eyes once more. Noticing that she was tired, you made your self more comfortable on the sofa and laid your little girl on your front.

Ava closed her little eyes and rested her head against your chest and grasping the material of your sweater in between her fingers.

You looked down to her and rested your hands against her back, lulling her into sleep.

"I think she has a fever." Lauren suggested as she walked back in the room and sat beside you both, before kissing the top of your daughters head.

"I hate seeing her sick..."

"Me too darling, I'll ring our doctor tomorrow..." Lauren mumbled before wrapping her arms around your shoulders and pulling you into her embrace. She rocked you and Ava in her arms, as you ran your fingers soothingly through your little girls hair.