part 2 :)

A few months later, the three of you had moved into a new house on the beach.

"Mommy! Can we go play on the sand?"

"Yep, when mama gets back."..."let's grab some breakfast."

Alyssia smiled, before jumping into your arms and the pair of you headed for the kitchen.

******

Just as you walked into the kitchen, the front door opened and your girlfriend's voice could be heard.

"Honey! I'm home!" She hollered, making you chuckle.

Alyssia jumped out of your arms and rushed to Laur, as she walked into the room.

"How was your run?" You asked lovingly, walking into her embrace and hugging her close.

"It was good baby, the weather's beautiful." She replied happily, kissing you on the head before bending down to greet her little girl.

"Good morning princess!"

"Mama! What's in the bag?"

"Breakfast munchkin." She replied, lifting Alyssia into her arms and swinging her around.

When your daughters giggles had finished, she turned back to you and handed you the bag. "I bought waffles from that little cafe on the beach."

You grinned lovingly, taking the bag from her and inhaling the fresh food. "Mmm, they smell so good! Thank you babe."

********

As the three of you were just finishing your breakfast, a loud knocking came from the door.

"Mommy, someone's at the door!" Ali announced, as Lauren stood up to answer it.

You turned back to Alyssia and encouraged her to eat more of her breakfast.

"I'm here to see my daughter!!!" Came the loud voice, then realization dawned on you. Lauren's ex Cody was back.

"Shit!" You whispered. Without hesitation, you scooped up Ali into your arms and ran up the stairway.

"Mommy?"

"Shh princess, everything's okay."

*******

*With Lauren*

"Why are you even here?!" Lauren exclaimed.

"I'm not having my daughter raised by two dykes!" Cody shouted back, making Lauren flinch. However, her fear turned to anger.

"Shut the fuck up! She's a much better parent than you! Alyssia is not your daughter!"..."you were just the fucking sperm donor!" She screamed, throwing punches at the taller man.

"She's coming with me."

With that, Cody set off searching your home, starting with the living room.

This gave your girlfriend the chance to run into the kitchen but the room was empty. Lauren had realized that you had taken Alyssia and she sighed in relief, before attempting to run up the stairway.

"And where do you think you're going?!" Came the deep voice, then she felt large hands pull her back and threw her to the ground.

*with you*

You were sat on the bedroom floor with Alyssia, rocking gently back and forth, trying to calm both your nerves and hers.

"Mommy what's going on?"

"We just have to stay in here baby, and be really quiet." You whispered back, trying not to scare her.

Suddenly, you heard the rattling of the door handle and a loud voice. "I know you're in there! I want to see my daughter!"

You wrapped Ali in your arms as she trembled.

*****

Just as the door flew open, you jumped up and made sure that the mini brunette was safe behind you.

"So you're the dyke who's been raising my daughter?!"

You flinched at his loud voice and kept a tight hold of Alyssia.

"I'm sc-scared." She whimpered, breaking your heart.

"Don't be scared baby girl, i'm your daddy." Cody told your little girl.

Alyssia shook her head firmly, "No! I don't have a daddy."..."mama said my daddy left and didn't love me."..."i only have mama and mommy."

*With Lauren*

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Pl-please come quick! My ex is trying to take my daughter!" Lauren replied, out of breath.

"We'll be with you right away." The operator reassured, and with that Lauren ran up the stairs.

*****

You stood firmly in front of your daughter, as the taller man moved closer to the pair of you.

"Please leave us alone." You practically whimpered, running your fingers through Alyssia's hair.

Suddenly, Cody reached into his pocket and pulled out a hand gun. "We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way."

You froze on the spot at the sight of the gun and clenched your fists tightly.

"Mommy!!!" Alyssia screamed in fear, seeing the weapon, as more footsteps came rushing closer.

"Don't hurt them!!" Lauren screamed from the doorway. "Take me!"..."please don't hurt them."

****

Then came the sound of loud voices. "Miami PD!"

Just before he could cause any damage, the sound of multiple footsteps echoed in the room and you saw the flicker of police uniforms. "Put your hands on your head!" They shouted.

You watched as the world around you felt like slow motion. The police wrestled Cody to the ground and handcuffed him, before taking him out of the house.

******

All of a sudden, you felt a pair of comforting arms wrap around your shaking body, and Lauren's familiar perfume made you feel safe.

You just dropped to the ground in shock, feeling the tears burning as your girlfriend and daughter cuddled close into you. "I- I...i"

"Shh, don't speak y/n."..."You're okay now baby, i've got you." Lauren reassured both you and your daughter.